OUR IMAGES

Kampong No 4

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

default Kampong No 4

Post by Joy on Mon 28 Nov 2011, 9:36 am

Laundry day at the kampong, though I would imagine that would be everyday. :)

Kampong No 4
    Glad E Olah

default Re: Kampong No 4

Post by Glad E Olah on Mon 28 Nov 2011, 11:56 am

Hmmmm and no clothes pens even.

We have it made with washers and dryers!
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Mon 28 Nov 2011, 1:55 pm

There is electricity at that village, Glad. Can see the wires in the pic. They would use it for refrigeration, TV, etc. Most of the clothing was sarongs &, with little wind, pegs wouldn't really be needed, I guess. It is so hot there, all year round, the clothes would be dry in no time flat. We use a clothes line to dry our laundry, in fine weather, too, though I do use our dryer in wet weather. :D

I am surprised at how many people here do not have a clothes dryer.
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Mon 28 Nov 2011, 3:58 pm

My dryer was on the blink this summer and I had to use a make shift line around the carport because as you know my clothes line is now my garden.

I am too old to drag baskets of clothes outside and hang them. I love it but too hard on me anymore.

So sad!
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Mon 28 Nov 2011, 4:20 pm

Know how you feel, Glad. Fortunately, I have Bruiser to carry the laundry out to the clothesline but it is still rather tiresome to hang it up. With the cost of our electricity shooting up, without any obvious reason, anything to reduce costs is welcome, though. Your winters would make a dryer a necessity, not a luxury, I'd imagine.
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Mon 28 Nov 2011, 4:30 pm

Yes need one for sure in the winter. Such as all this past week it rained or was cloudy.

When my children were babies I could not afford a dryer. I hung clothes outside and they froze on the line before I could get them all hung. And they dried too!

Yep, my hanging clothes outside is a thing of the past except for reasons I mentioned above in the other post.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Mon 28 Nov 2011, 4:36 pm

Someone I knew, who was from Holland, told me about clothes freeze drying on the line, with hard frosts & snow, during winter, Glad. :o They would snap & break if someone did the wrong thing. Guess we are lucky not having to go through that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 24 Aug 2017, 4:37 pm