OUR IMAGES

Walk on the Beach

Dawn

default Re: Walk on the Beach

Post by Dawn on Mon 12 Dec 2011, 6:38 pm

Monday 12th Dec 11. I went down this morning at 6.30, there was not a soul around initially and by 7.00 7.30 there were a fair amount of people out there. I drove as far as Big Bay and then got out and walked. It was very misty and the fog horn was blowing, every now and then. There was no wind to start with, but a brisk breeze soon blew up around 7 am. Which has probably dealt with the mist by now. The area I am talking about is notorious for heavy mists especially on the winter mornings. I remember when we lived out Melkbos way driving my children to school, in the winter. The mist was so thick and one could not see very far ahead so we always had to go the 15 kms very slow. But almost at the Blouberg Hill it would end abruptly and we would sail into clear air!

Taken from Bloubergstrand

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Mon 12 Dec 2011, 6:39 pm

Not a ship in sight, I think with the mist/fog they had moved further out to sea?

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Mon 12 Dec 2011, 6:39 pm

Looking back on Table View beach front

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Mon 12 Dec 2011, 6:40 pm

Someone on the rocks taking a photo he has what looks like a tripod

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Mon 12 Dec 2011, 6:42 pm

Surfers! I couldn't see any sight of Robb#n Island this morning.

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Mon 12 Dec 2011, 6:43 pm

Beach Clean up it was good to see them there I will give them a thumbs up :good:

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Mon 12 Dec 2011, 6:44 pm

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Mon 12 Dec 2011, 6:45 pm

At Eden . the shop at the bottom straight ahead is my hairdresser :)

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Mon 12 Dec 2011, 6:47 pm

It felt odd to be here when there was no one around this place is usually full of people.

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 13 Dec 2011, 8:33 am

Thank you for these fantastic images, Dawn. They are wonderful. :D It was a tripod the guy had. Good luck with setting that up on the rocks. :lol3:

That is a really attractive shopping centre & looks to be a pleasant place to spend time (& money) at. It is good to see beach clean ups. Most beaches here are done daily as some beach-goers can leave the most disgusting, & dangerous messes behind. Broken glass being just one item of waste.

:thankyou: again for these great images. It is much appreciated & it is terrific to see your gorgeous scenery. :cool3:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Tue 13 Dec 2011, 6:59 pm

Joy wrote:Thank you for these fantastic images, Dawn. They are wonderful. :D It was a tripod the guy had. Good luck with setting that up on the rocks. :lol3:

That is a really attractive shopping centre & looks to be a pleasant place to spend time (& money) at. It is good to see beach clean ups. Most beaches here are done daily as some beach-goers can leave the most disgusting, & dangerous messes behind. Broken glass being just one item of waste.

:thankyou: again for these great images. It is much appreciated & it is terrific to see your gorgeous scenery. :cool3:

:thanks: Joy! Eden is a great little village ! there are not many shops there only boutique, and surf shops with a supermarket and a hairdresser but yes you are right they are really nice ones and you need a big wallet if you shop there. I used to go to Big Bay to have my hair thingy done, but my hairdresser moved to Eden so this is where I come now for the hair shopping :). This is also where I come for a coffee if I want one after my walk, Eden Cafe is a great little place :love: . There are many restaurants too, we have tried a few in the past, we are not so keen on some?. But this place hums with life in the summer! :thanks:
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 13 Dec 2011, 8:58 pm

It does sound like a shopping precinct set up for the tourist trade, Dawn. These are always more expensive than local shopping centres, aren't they?? :whistle:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Mon 09 Jan 2012, 8:21 pm

I went onto the beach this morning for the first time since returning. There was a bit of wind but it wasn't unpleasant. The Mountain was completely shrouded in Cloud. So it does look like we will be getting worse wind later on. Yesterday phew!! was 34 and very humid the humidity was up at 72, and dropped later to 50 something but it was still uncomfortable at 50. Why is it that humidity makes one feel fatter than you really are :lol2: . There was also a bit of wind but it really did not cool anything down! Today... I don't know what the humidity levels are but it is still very humid. It is 30 already and I expect if the wind does not do it's job it is going to reach higher. My solar geyser warmed the water up to 70 odd yesterday .

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Mon 09 Jan 2012, 8:22 pm

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Mon 09 Jan 2012, 8:22 pm

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Mon 09 Jan 2012, 8:23 pm

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 10 Jan 2012, 7:23 am

What lovely images, Dawn. :photos: Thank you so much for posting them, they are wonderful. :thankyou:

Your weather sounds similar to the stuff we are having at the moment except our humidity is a bit higher. Especially first thing in the morning. Right now (7am daylight saving time) it is 91% & I am dripping. :yes: :lol2: So that is why I feel fatter. :giggle:

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Tue 10 Jan 2012, 4:25 pm

91 % wow that is serious humidity Joy!, gosh now I know what 70 odd is 90 must be awful! Woke up to very humid again to day but not seen any figure yet. Have a great day to day Joy!:)
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 10 Jan 2012, 4:31 pm

Yep, the humidity seems to be in the 90s first thing in the morning, Dawn, but becomes a wee bit more "civilised" later on by dropping to about the 60s/70s. At the moment it is 4.30pm & it is 61%. :O
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Tue 10 Jan 2012, 4:45 pm

Do you know why it is always high in the morning? Joy, that would be interesting to know !
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 10 Jan 2012, 5:19 pm

Have no idea why, Dawn. :huh2: It certainly seems to be very humid throughout the night. Drip, drip, drip. :O Maybe it is because there is no sun to dry the air out. :whistle: :giggle:

The humidity is already starting to climb again. At 5pm it was back up to 68%, an increase from the 4pm reading. :aargh:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Tue 10 Jan 2012, 6:16 pm

yes Joy! that would make perfect sense ! when I try to apply any common sense to something, there always seem to be exceptions to the rule!! :donald:
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 10 Jan 2012, 9:00 pm

Don't worry, Dawn, you do seem to be perfectly commonsensical to me. :good: :D

Post by Guest on Fri 10 Feb 2012, 1:23 pm

Oh I love walks on the beach! :cool3:

Gorgeous shots, Dawn!!!

I gotta start a thread and show some my nature pics too...

: )
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Fri 10 Feb 2012, 5:22 pm

:thanks: HollyBerrylady :)

Yes! it would be nice to see some nature shots of your part of the world! :cool3:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Sun 12 Feb 2012, 5:44 pm

Taken during the day on Friday I think ! I was driving past and saw the kite surfers so stopped to take a photo

Current date/time is Fri 28 Jul 2017, 2:49 pm