OUR IMAGES

Eden Rose

Dawn

default Eden Rose

Post by Dawn on Tue 22 Nov 2011, 2:29 am

Last year just before winter, I think, I planted this rose. It is starting to shoot now and giving off some blooms.

I found a nice write up on it in someones blog hence the link

A link to Eden Rose

I hope mine grows as nice as the ones in the link

Dawn

default Re: Eden Rose

Post by Dawn on Wed 23 Nov 2011, 1:57 am

I think I have posted this in the wrong section Joy! this is "potted" Roses, do you think it needs moving? if so, please and thanks :smile:
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Fri 25 Nov 2011, 9:44 am

What a gorgeous rose, Dawn. The flower is absolutely beautiful. Quite stunning in fact. Many thanks for the link, too. :smile: Are you going to grow it as a climber??

Sorry, to take a couple of days to get to this topic but do seem to have been chasing my tail the last few days. :lol2:

This is exactly the right spot for this topic, Dawn. :cool3: Shall just change the name of the forum to simply Roses. :lol2:

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Fri 25 Nov 2011, 5:23 pm

Thanks Joy! No problemo you get to my threads when ever you can :). I know how life goes, so don't worry at all :smile: I want to grow it as a climber Joy! I would like it to cover that grey wall!! I was ecstatic to read that it is an exceptionally disease resistant rose. I knew it was but the link seems to endorse this fact even more than I realised. I always think that is such a bonus with a rose. They say it does not have much of a scent. I noticed it does have quite a strong scent when the bloom first comes out, but fades dramatically once opened for a while.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sat 26 Nov 2011, 8:55 am

This does, indeed, seem to be a "perfect" rose, Dawn, doesn't it?? Not only a very attractive flower but, also hardy, disease resistant & a climber to boot. Absolutely ideal. :good:

Neither of our miniature roses have any scent at all. Not the slightest whiff. :lol2:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 20 Aug 2017, 2:46 am