OUR IMAGES

Pixie's Stapelias

default Stapelia

Post by Guest on Sat 16 Jul 2011, 4:12 pm

I have this Stapelia not as much of it as you have but I am sure it will multiply in time ,mine has not flowered as yet but after seeing your magnificent specimens I look forward to my event.Thos is my small plant .

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

default Re: Pixie's Stapelias

Post by Joy on Sat 16 Jul 2011, 4:21 pm

Your stapelia will grow really fast, Pixie.

Must (one day) take some cuttings from our plants as they grow readily from these. They only flower from new growth & growing some cuttings would be a good way to get more of these pongy flowers.

Do you know what type of stapelia you have?? Did have to wait for our second plant to flower, to find out that it is a stapelia gigantea with a massive flower.

Last edited by Joy on Mon 21 Nov 2011, 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

default Stapelia

Post by Guest on Sat 16 Jul 2011, 7:07 pm

The Stapelia I posted .here is a photo with labels for the 2 Stapelia in the one pot,neither have flowered

Here are some photo's of my Stapelia variegata

A photo of the seed pod , my first which is still not ripened .I am waiting for it to burst so as to get seed to plant,they burst just like an Adenium or Plumeria seedpod, and seed are grown the same way.

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

default Pixie's Stapelias

Post by Joy on Sat 16 Jul 2011, 8:43 pm

Your stapelia variegata has a great looking flower, Pixie. It would be quite a thrill to have them seed. No sign of that happening with mine even though the stapelia leendertziae, in particular, has had multiple flowers. The stapelia gigantea has only had three of its huge flowers altogether.

There are more up-to-date images of ours in the other thread, in the link above. They have more than doubled in size, from the images here, since being repotted.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Mon 21 Nov 2011, 4:23 pm

Did you manage to get some of the stapelia seeds to germinate, Pixie?? That would be a fun exercise. :D

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 18 Oct 2017, 2:55 pm