OUR IMAGES

Indoor Critters

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

default Indoor Critters

Post by Joy on Fri 23 Oct 2009, 4:06 pm

A teeny tiny frog was found on our kitchen floor one evening. It was less than 1/2 an inch long. Nearly squished as I thought it was a bug of some nasty type. :shock:

This image is a bit fuzzy as it was taken in a hurry, before ushering it out to where it could be of more use. The back patio!!! Plenty of room there for it to make a home. Do hope it did so. These frogs seem to be able to hide very well.

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

default Re: Indoor Critters

Post by Joy on Fri 23 Oct 2009, 4:26 pm

Dragonflies are more of a summer indoors visitor. Shame this wasn't one of the vcolourful types but it is still a welcome sight as it eats flying nasties such as flies & mosquitoes.

One such indoors' visitor from last summer.

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Thu 18 Feb 2010, 9:51 am

A large skink trying to get outside after having an explore indoors.

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Thu 18 Feb 2010, 9:53 am

Here it is, climbing the screen door. We left the sliding glass door open to let it find its own way out. Which it did. Eventually. :lol:

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Mon 07 Feb 2011, 9:42 pm

During the warmer months (which is most of the year really, :whistle: ) we are visited by tiny skinks which come inside & do a regular patrol of our unit. Often they seem to have a definite idea of where they are going & seem to check out the whole place. Do worry about them getting covered in dust sometimes, though. :blush: Usually they move too fast for me to take a pic of them but, today, this one was staying fairly still on the lounge room tiles. Did take off when I starting taking pics, of course.

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Mon 07 Feb 2011, 9:44 pm

Heading for the safety (& dust) under some furniture. :whistle:

Current date/time is Thu 27 Jul 2017, 2:28 pm