OUR IMAGES

Orchids in my tropical garden NO 3

default Orchids in my tropical garden NO 3

Post by Guest on Wed 14 Sep 2011, 7:03 pm

This one was a gift from my daughter last year.Its  a beauty and came with 2 sprays of flowers on it which lasted well .I have it tied in the folk of a tree, growing well , I  am hoping it will soon flower again.
    Dendrobium thyrsifolium

Here it is attached to the folk of a rainforest tree.

Now for my only Phaelaenopsis , they do better up higher on the tablelands   ,than here on the coast.

Phaelaenopsis "Ben's Girl ""

Dendrobium crumenatum "Dove Orchid" This is not native here but is commonly grown . Tt multiplies so quickly ,.the flowers usually appear 3 days after rain as a perfumed white open flower then 2 days later the flower folds up into what looks  like an upside dove on the stem...I don't have really good photo's of this one I don't know why not.

Thats the last of the Orchds until some others flower and I will update ....ENJOY . :donald:
    Dawn

default Re: Orchids in my tropical garden NO 3

Post by Dawn on Thu 06 Oct 2011, 11:39 pm

You have a lot of lovely Dendrobiums Pixie. I love Dendrobiums :love: I seem to be able to grow these where I live without too much worry over them. I don't see many varieties around though to be able to buy them. We have an Orchids show here in a place a few km's north of us called Darling. Every year the show arrives and I seem to miss it. I think they would perhaps have a few more that I could buy. We cannot grow orchids outside here as we have a very wet winter and although not always we can go below freezing. I know someone who grows orchids outside here, but under solid cover, not sure what she does with them in the winter. The flowers on the first one the Thyrsifolium are amazing... so many on one stalk gosh so :cool3: lovely. :thanks:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Thu 06 Oct 2011, 11:41 pm

I forgot to say the "dove orchid" is so cool I would love to be able to have one of them :)

Post by Guest on Fri 07 Oct 2011, 11:27 am

Dawn the Dove orchid has a lovely perfume also

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 24 Aug 2017, 12:54 pm