OUR IMAGES

Gingers in my rainforest garden NO 8 [FINAL]

default Gingers in my rainforest garden NO 8 [FINAL]

Post by Guest on Sun 11 Sep 2011, 9:09 am

These last few conclude my Ginger s post
    Costus pictus , this one has not flowered for me yet but has unusual stems which I am told are picked in long lengths and used by florists in flower arrangements, a tall grower,its common name is painted spiral ginger and has yellow and brown flowers

Another popular one , flowers remind me of crab claws,mine flowered first time this year ,I am told as it gets older you get more claws on the crab :lol2:
    Heliconia rostrata

Heliconia rfirst flowered this yearostrataostrata l

This one has a very insignificant flower followed by seed berries which eventually turn red and hang on the plant all year
    Alpinia species unknown to me

Last one that has flowered this year has the strange common name of Black Buddah's Belly.a very tall grower.
    Costus quanaiesis tarticus.

I have 7 more planted last year and not yet flowered .
    So comes to a conclusion my Gingers.I hope they have been enjoyable :goodnight:
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

default Re: Gingers in my rainforest garden NO 8 [FINAL]

Post by Joy on Sun 11 Sep 2011, 2:56 pm

They, most definitely, have been very enjoyable, Pixie, as well as very enlightening. Never realised the gingers, & their flowers, could be so varied. They are absolutely wonderful. Love them. :love:

The stems of the costus pictus are unusual & would make a great feature in a garden. The flowers are, probably, a plus. The heliconia rostrata is stunning & are, indeed, very colourful crab's claws. :goodone: The alpinia with the berries is also unusual, isn't it?? They would provide another splash of colour in the garden. The flowers on the costus quanaiesis tarticus are also unusual & such a lovely yellow. :D

Thank you so much, Pixie, for all these fantastic images of your gingers. They have been so very enjoyable to see & a great learning experience, too. Do so hope your new plants will flower soon & provide you with even more spectacular sights in your fabulous garden. :bravo:

Post by Guest on Sun 11 Sep 2011, 5:21 pm

Thank you so much Joy ,its satisfying to share .Now i am thinking what to feature next. :???: :??:
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sun 11 Sep 2011, 5:35 pm

:lol2: :rofl: I am sure you have plenty of wonderful plants to feature & share with us, Pixie. :good: :smile:

Post by Guest on Sun 11 Sep 2011, 7:45 pm

Thanks so much for your very interesting series of pics and info on the gingers Pixie. Not a plant that i am very familiar with, but its great to see and hear about what other folks can grow in their gardens.

Seeing your pics i am pretty sure i took some pictures of very similar plants in Cairns botanical gardens a few years ago. Must have a look. Once again thanks for giving us a chance to see such fantastic plants

Post by Guest on Sun 11 Sep 2011, 10:08 pm

Thank you Billy for your interest .I am sure you would have seen many of my Gingers at the Cairns Bot. Gardens.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 20 Aug 2017, 2:51 am