OUR IMAGES

Gingers in my rainforest garden NO 6

default Gingers in my rainforest garden NO 6

Post by Guest on Thu 08 Sep 2011, 2:32 pm

Continuing with one of the more spectacular flowering gingers in the Costus group.
    These are quite tall growers .and most come in plain leaf or variegated leaf.

Copstus speciosa

This is a good small grower suitable for tubs on a patio .Mine has nor flowered yet but I think it has a crepe type flower like speciosa,the leaf is quite beautiful .

Another tall grower with unusual base flowers
    Costus dubius.

This is the variegated foliage of Costus speciosa ,the flowers are the same as the green leaf speciosa .[the first ones on this post] they are worth growing for the leaves alone

Costus ottensii a tall grower which has long lasting cones . here is a close up of a flower from the cone

This will do for today but the ginger are not finished yet ENJOY :donald:
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

default Re: Gingers in my rainforest garden NO 6

Post by Joy on Thu 08 Sep 2011, 3:22 pm

:lol2: :wow: Some more gorgeous gingers, Pixie!! :bravo: Thank you so much for posting more pics of your outstanding plants. :photos: The ones with the variegated foliage are particularly stunning, as are all your gingers. You must have the biggest collection, of these fantastic plants, in Australia. :cool4:

Many thanks, also, for the tips about ones suitable to use as potted plants. Must keep my eyes open for these. :D Cannot wait for my curcumas to start awakening from their dry season slumber. Am intrigued as to what the new ones will look like.

Looking forward to seeing some more of your stunning collection of gingers, Pixie. :smile:

PS Hope your ankle is much, much improved. :good:

Post by Guest on Thu 08 Sep 2011, 6:39 pm

Joy thank you for your comments I have an ankle brace which helps me put weight on my foot .I don't have pain in the ankle anymore.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Thu 08 Sep 2011, 8:39 pm

So pleased to hear that you aren't in any pain now, Pixie. The brace would be a big help with the healing of your ankle, too. :smile:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 17 Aug 2017, 7:41 pm