OUR IMAGES

Aglaonema & Dieffenbachia

default Aglaonema & Dieffenbachia

Post by Guest on Fri 05 Aug 2011, 12:03 pm

I have a selection of Aglaonema and Dieffenbachia which are shade plants that love the tropics ,if fact are hard to kill,they grow here like weeds .
    If you decide to cull some plants out because they get too crowded and throw them onto a heap they continue to grow.

Aglaonema crispum .common name ,drop tongue.

Aglaonema rembrandt

Aglaonema brevispathum hospitum cv just a new one .

I will post more species that I don't have reliable names for.

Now a few Dieffenbachia species .the first on is Dieffenbachia maculata .the only one with reliable sp. name

Dieffenbachia maculata grown some .this one I have not had long.

That is the end of the Aglaonema Dieffenbachia plants . Thanks for watching I hope you enjoyed :donald:
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

default Re: Aglaonema & Dieffenbachia

Post by Joy on Fri 05 Aug 2011, 2:02 pm

The aglaonema are wonderful looking plants, Pixie. You are so lucky to be able to grow them so readily in your tropical rainforest garden. They look magnificent in that setting. Have never heard of this species of plant before, either, so thank you for introducing me to it.

Your dieffenbachias also look great in the same setting. These plants I do know & have had them growing in pots. The most recent one was a Tropic Marianne, a lovely soft yellow with dark green edging & ribs. Trouble is that rotten mealy bugs liked it as well, & no matter what I treated it with, they continued to thrive. The plant, itself, was as tough as old boots & the mealy bugs did not bother it but I was worried for my other plants, especially the spathiphyllum & dracaena fragrans massangeana, which were nearby. So, eventually, after a couple of years or more, I tossed it as it was getting floppy & daggy looking. Your dieffenbachia look much better than mine did.

Thank you for posting more images of your fabulous garden. :clap: :cool4:

Post by Guest on Fri 05 Aug 2011, 2:06 pm

Its my great pleasure Joy .

Post by Guest on Fri 05 Aug 2011, 5:30 pm

Great pics of your plants again Pixie. How lucky you are to have the right habitat and climate to be able to grow such a variety of lovely plants outdoors. You look as if you live on the edge of the forest ?? if so I really do envy you so much.

Thanks for allowing us to see your garden plants.

Post by Guest on Fri 05 Aug 2011, 6:30 pm

Billy I actually live in the forest .we got this rainforest block 25 years ago , cleared just enough to build our house and big shed and leftt everything intact.

Post by Guest on Fri 05 Aug 2011, 11:43 pm

ooooo lucky, lucky you Pixie, now i really am jealous.

Post by Guest on Sat 06 Aug 2011, 11:53 am

Billy I am sure you would be growing plants that I cannot grow in the tropics and I would be jealous , tell me where you are posting plants from your garden so I can go and drool over them. do you grow Daphne........

Post by Guest on Sun 07 Aug 2011, 5:01 am

yes it is as they say horses for courses, Pixie and depending on where we live rules to a large degree what we can grow. Where we live here in the Cotswold hills with our frosts during the winter, means that our flowers are mostly grown during the spring and summer months, a few in autumn but we can start having frosts in October and they can go on til May. I'm mainly a fruit and veggie person,my wife's interest is the flowers. But having said that we do the gardens between us, although i do most of the sowing and propagating.

We do have some pretty flowers so i'll get some pics together and find somewhere here to post.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sun 07 Aug 2011, 7:29 am

We would love to see the flowers from your gardens, BigBilly. A good place to post your pics of them would be the Floral Gardens section, just under the Veggie Gardens, or even Flower Images in The Recreation Area category.

Looking forward to seeing them. :smile:

Last edited by Joy on Mon 08 Aug 2011, 7:35 am; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest on Sun 07 Aug 2011, 8:53 am

Me too Billy.My daughter travelled to England about 20 years ago and always stayed at bed & breakfast houses ,she just loved it and said her favourite area was the Cotswolds .........

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 15 Dec 2017, 9:52 am