OUR IMAGES

Alocasia in my tropical garden.

default Alocasia in my tropical garden.

Post by Guest on Mon 18 Jul 2011, 4:51 pm

Alocasia Genus is a favourite of mine among the Aroids ,I would like to share photo's of species of the Alocasia Genus.
    First would have to the most widly known and recognisable plant used indoors and so overpriced .I have even seen the word RARE on some plants for sale.
    Alocasia amazonica.

Alocasia longiloba is the paler one on the left and A.amazonica on the right

A. longiloba

A.longiloba.

A.longiloba.

A dwarf Alocasia "polly".

A longiloba in front , leaf grows larger tham A.amazonica in background.

Infloresence of A. longiloba

Some babies in pots

This Alocasia is a cv.named "stingray" for obvious reasons . this is the plant as a wee baby.It has grown too big now for the spot I planted it out in the garden I have to have my garden helper man move it as soon as the monsoon begins .

Big enough now and was planted in the shady garden .

Bigger now with more leaves and changing shape

The "stingray" has very pretty speckled stems

I will stop here and continue with more species of different Alocasia next post. using one hand for posting is rather tiring ,
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

default Re: Alocasia in my tropical garden.

Post by Joy on Tue 19 Jul 2011, 11:03 am

What fantastic alocasias, Pixie. We do, very much, appreciate you posting all these wonderful images & realise it isn't all that easy for you to do so. Many thanks for these great pics. These plants are stunning. I haven't heard of most of these alocasias but then, I only had the one. It was about $8 (I think) a pot.

I envy your shade garden, too. It is so wonderful with all those various interesting plants. Also, I'll bet it is a terrific spot to relax in during the heat of your dry season.

Post by Guest on Tue 19 Jul 2011, 11:10 am

Thank you for your kind comments Joy . my garden in my therapy.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 19 Jul 2011, 11:38 am

Can completely understand that, Pixie. Even my small patio "gardens" are good for both Bruiser & myself.
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Wed 20 Jul 2011, 1:04 pm

Beautiful! And I was attracted to the pieces of wood mixed in. I always loved using branches and twigs in the garden but most of my trees are gone now.

Post by Guest on Wed 20 Jul 2011, 5:54 pm

The whole garden is littered with rocks or wood for a reason.scrub turkeys and scrub fowl and feral pigs who love digging up the mulch to find drugs ,also they do like tubers of any plant .The wood and rocks do save a lot of plants but not all , often some plant is dug up and cannot be rescued so I have to realise they are not the interuders but the humans are.......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 21 Oct 2017, 7:19 pm