OUR IMAGES

A Total Lunar Eclipse Of A Full June Moon

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

default Re: A Total Lunar Eclipse Of A Full June Moon

Post by Joy on Fri 17 Jun 2011, 10:01 am

A close up of the full moon. Well, as much of a close up as we can manage being so far from the actual moon. :whistle:

The sky in these images is darker than it was at the time. It was a soft grey which quickly burnt off to become blue.

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Fri 17 Jun 2011, 5:59 pm

Lovely photos of the moon Joy! yes, great shot the one of it framed by the coco palms. One doesn't realise just how hard it can be to photograph the moon I have tried many times with out much success :photos:
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Fri 17 Jun 2011, 8:41 pm

These last two were taken using the Landscape Scene Position of my camera, Dawn, as it was daylight. Not that they come out looking as if it is daylight, though. :O The others were done using the Night Scene Position which uses the camera's stabiliser. Most of this camera's SP uses the stabiliser, which is good for me as I don't have a tripod.

Post by Guest on Fri 22 Jul 2011, 7:18 am

Fantastic photos capturing different stages of the eclipse, we missed it here in England as surprise, surprise it was cloudy that night! Typical of England lol
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Fri 22 Jul 2011, 7:31 am

Thanks Rick. We were lucky here, too, to see it. We have been missing many of these events due to the unusually rainy times we have been experiencing during our current La Niña weather cycle. :rain:

Current date/time is Wed 20 Sep 2017, 1:27 am