OUR IMAGES

Cordylines

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

default Re: Cordylines

Post by Joy on Sat 10 Oct 2009, 11:39 am

Our other cordyline, the "Pink Diamond" has had a chequered history, through no fault of its own. When we first bought it, it was a fairly small plant & was placed in the sunnier part of the back patio. Did not have as many plants as we do now, so there was plenty of room for it. Then a dreaded mealybug infestation appeared!!! :x So, it was placed in "isolation" in a more exposed spot on the patio. Poor thing. Trouble was I was using the dish detergent treatment which was of some benefit but seems to damage the leaf colouring. Eventually, the mealybug problem was resolved but the poor plant wasn't looking too great. Its leaves were a bronze/orange colour.

Room in the shaded area of the back patio became available when I moved the chameadorea elegans to the even more shaded front patio. The cordyline has flourished since being there & has grown & grown & grown. Its beautiful coloration is now fully evident.

An image taken when we first bought this plant, nearly two years ago.

Two months later.

In its new spot with the shade plants nine months later with the bronze/orange foliage.

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sat 10 Oct 2009, 11:54 am

THere was also the fertiliser problem. I had purchased a large container of a well known name brand liquid fertiliser thinking it would benefit my plants. Had been using fish emulsion with no problems but thought this other fertiliser should be even better. But nooooooooooooooooooooo. This stuff nearly killed many of my plants & I didn't twig to the cause being the fertiliser for a few months. Bought a different brand of liquid fertiliser & my plants quickly recovered & bounded ahead.

Here is a pic taken two months after the one above after being fed with the new stuff.

Another two months later.

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Fri 30 Oct 2009, 10:42 am

Several months later. Taken a couple of weeks ago.

A close up of it wonderful colouring.

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Thu 12 Nov 2009, 5:37 pm

The "pink Diamond" cordyline is growing so well & is a lovely looking plant. It really loves this shady spot, especially in summer, as it gets less sun due to it being higher in the sky.

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 27 Dec 2011, 10:46 am

Our cordyline "Pink Diamond" is slowly growing taller. It is almost overshadowed by the dracaena surculosa punctulata "Sierra Leone" which is, currently, undergoing another growth spurt.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 22 Nov 2017, 7:59 am