OUR IMAGES

Pleasure Cruisers Tampa Florida

Dawn

default Pleasure Cruisers Tampa Florida

Post by Dawn on Wed 20 Apr 2011, 5:44 pm

Just before we arrived in Tampa we came across these Pleasure Cruisers there were about 4 or 5 of them docked in a harbour. It was obviously a "centre" for Cruises leaving that area. They were enormous :O like several hotels shoved into one ship. I have seen pics on the TV of these cruisers but it was amazing for me to see them close up. The size is just nothing I can explain, that is the effect they had on me!

This one was the Carnival Pride.

Last edited by Dawn on Wed 20 Apr 2011, 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
    Dawn

default Re: Pleasure Cruisers Tampa Florida

Post by Dawn on Wed 20 Apr 2011, 5:45 pm

Carnival Pride . No sorry this is not the carnival Pride this was another anchored across from the Carnival Pride. In one of the pictures you can see the others vaguely in the distance.

Last edited by Dawn on Wed 20 Apr 2011, 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Wed 20 Apr 2011, 5:46 pm

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Wed 20 Apr 2011, 5:47 pm

Might as well put them all up these are all of the one called the Carnival Pride

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Wed 20 Apr 2011, 5:48 pm

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Wed 20 Apr 2011, 5:51 pm

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Wed 20 Apr 2011, 5:57 pm

Then later that day after seeing them one of them broke anchor in one of the storms we had, we wondered what happened with it being such a huge ship, whether it just floated around the harbour or if it perhaps bashed into something??. We only heard this news on the car radio
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sat 23 Apr 2011, 6:02 pm

Oh my goodness, Dawn, these are huge cruise ships!! :omg: Absolutely ginormous. It would sure work off all the calories from eating the wonderful food, just walking from one end of it to the other. Hope there is a hospital in the middle to cater for those of us who would collapse from trying to walk the distance!! :donald:

Hope there wasn't too much damage from the cruise ship floating loose from the dock. :o Many thanks for these images.

Post by Guest on Fri 29 Apr 2011, 12:19 am

The cruises are a fun way to spend a few days and sometimes there is the “theme” night so lots of planning ahead of time as to what to wear...lol

I don't have to travel to Tampa to board as now out of mobile Alabama is the ships that go to the Islands and the Caribbean. Cost when they first started up was dirt cheap 259.00 dollars for 3 nights and four days. Out of New Orleans is another great deal and that's a couple of hours drive for me (my avian vet is in NO)

Another fascinating water holiday for the day is to board the steam paddle boat's in NO and ride up the Mississippi seeing all the old antebellum homes and estates with the magnificent magnolia trees along the river banks. I love the festive spirit on the boat with the music belting out Southern musical hits.

Post by Guest on Fri 29 Apr 2011, 12:22 am

I think I am totally confused where to reply as I am off the subject a bit although it's still ships...
    I was on the Belle of Louisville when it was racing the Mississippi Queen and that was very interesting how they can attain quite a bit of speed. I did this when I went to the Kentucky Derby...

OK please delete those responses of mine Joy and place where appropriate.. thanks in advance..
    Scots001
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Fri 29 Apr 2011, 12:40 am

I don't think you are off subject Scott001, you just expanded it to Alabama, and that's cool. :)

The Paddle Steamers must be fantastic to see and ride on, especially down the Mississippi. :coolsign:

My grandfather built one, I grew up watching him build her she was called the Hunyani Queen, she sailed or paddled , or steamed :think2: rather :) on the Hunyani river and was sold when he passed on, so paddle steamers are close to my heart. Up until a few years back she was still in commission, but spruced up and had been given another name. Not sure if she is a float to this day though ?.

Post by Guest on Fri 29 Apr 2011, 2:18 am

Dawn, when I came to this area to sit my grandkids as my son and daughter in law were both navy and my daughter in law was about to go to sea.. son was already on a six month cruise... behind their house was the Bayou and that is where they were built so I saw one being put together from start to finish... Then the music was coordinated to the wheel and it played almost around the clock... (Made me want to drink) as both granddaughters would stay awake.
    I never did find out what they named/christened that boat, but it was enormous and looked like it had three decks.
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Fri 29 Apr 2011, 5:57 am

Scots001 wrote:Dawn, when I came to this area to sit my grandkids as my son and daughter in law were both navy and my daughter in law was about to go to sea.. son was already on a six month cruise... behind their house was the Bayou and that is where they were built so I saw one being put together from start to finish... Then the music was coordinated to the wheel and it played almost around the clock... (Made me want to drink) as both granddaughters would stay awake.
    I never did find out what they named/christened that boat, but it was enormous and looked like it had three decks.

I can imagine! gosh it is one thing to hear it once or twice, but all day for a while would have driven me round the bend I think! I am not surprised your grandchildren could not sleep!
    Three decks gee it must have been huge! I was visualising one deck :).

*Bayou* I love that word, brings out the poet in me :smile:

Current date/time is Sat 22 Jul 2017, 12:33 pm