OUR IMAGES

As Promised

Glad E Olah

default Re: As Promised

Post by Glad E Olah on Sun 05 Jun 2011, 1:10 pm

Took a few more pictures today. Will try to send a post either tomorrow or the next day. My hours seem to be occupied for some reason.

I picked enough peas to cook a meal. Not a lot yet but enough to give us a taste. And we may just eat them raw

I had to powder the garden some today. Seems when the heat gets out so do the bugs.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sun 05 Jun 2011, 3:14 pm

The bugs certainly enjoy the heat, Glad, It makes them really ravenous, too. :cranky:

You must be enjoying having an early taste of your home-grown produce no matter how small it is as yet. There will be much more real soon, I'll bet.

Shall look forward to seeing your garden pics just whenever you are able to post them, Glad.

Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Mon 06 Jun 2011, 1:03 am

Side view of back of garden at a distance. Below the composter is blackberries. The plastic black pots near the composter are blueberries. They were not doing well in the ground so son cut bottoms out of the plastic pots and they will remain in ground. We need to purchase more blueberry plants. May be a waste of money but I am determined.

The view of most of the garden......the green grassy area will eventually have the two picnic tables late hubby built....one is adult size and the other child's size......the area still needs more dirt filled in.

The first section has the sweet potatoes, nothing in the next one yet....may plant pumkin...and the next is tomato section (viewed at a distance)
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Mon 06 Jun 2011, 1:07 am

Close up of blackberries. They were transplanted in March and I am surprised at all the blooms. The berries are forming now.
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Mon 06 Jun 2011, 1:26 am

Zucchini....I left the smaller ones just to see if they make it later.

A view of the okra (in the middle all the distance of garden....due to the other area not being completed at the time of planting).

Cherry tomatoes. And a volunteer sunflower in the above section.....

Some of the pole beans and a few pepper plants.

New crop of beets this time in a row instead of a mound. You can also see a small portion of the peas. To the left is part of the lettuce and spinach. I may have to pull these because of heat not being good for either.

Close up of tomatoes.....can't wait til they are ready!
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Mon 06 Jun 2011, 3:10 am

Fantastic Glad ! thanks for your photos such a great variety of veg and fruit! . The berries are really fascinating only ever seen them grown on a berry farm near here. Also I am eyeing those lovely green tomato's, for the green fried tomato's I am still dying to try out :lol2: . :photos:

Post by Guest on Mon 06 Jun 2011, 8:34 am

I am just amazed at the progress in such a short time.
    To see the plants thriving and growing healthy looking.
    I wonder what it would be like to see "green " grass and lush vegetation.

Probably would be paradise for me...

so sand and drought it is then folks if you're here in the Florida Panhandle....
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Mon 06 Jun 2011, 11:12 am

I cannot believe just how quickly everything has grown, Glad. It all looks so fantastic & shows how all the pre-sowing preparation of the beds has paid off. So has all your mulching. Mmmm, love fresh blackberries.

Thanks for posting these pics. It is much appreciated.
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Mon 06 Jun 2011, 11:53 am

You are welcome and thank you all.

Now I would love to have a couple truck loads of your sand Scots001.

Can you grow a few watermelon? No such luck here for them. They do grow them 100 miles south of me for there is a sandy soil there.

Post by Guest on Mon 06 Jun 2011, 3:24 pm

Another lot of great pic's Glad, like everyone else i can't believe the way things are growing in your garden. And what ever you are on i'd sure like some !!
    Shall be very interested in how the blackberrirs crop, we have never tried the domestic variety as we are lucky enough to have masses of wild ones all round the fields in the hedges. The fruit we do grow are, gooseberries, strawberries, blackcurrants and redcurrants, which we jam and freeze as well as eat fresh. Do you make jams and other stuff?
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Tue 07 Jun 2011, 2:08 pm

Thanks Billy.

I picked snow peas before I watered this evening. Enough for a nice meal tomorrow.

The blackberries I have are thornless variety. They seem to be a bit more tart than the wild berries but I like them. Being diabetic I try to eat them plain or with a sprinkle of sweetener. They are delicious with milk or in cold cereal. The more water the better they are.
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Tue 19 Jul 2011, 3:46 am

Was out picking the garden and remembered I should take more pictures. Will go back out when I cool off some.

This time will only take pictures of the items still producing well. Some parts of the garden is slowing down.

Also want to show everyone all the sunflowers that have come up from the bird seed that was wasted from the birds. Guess it wasn't really wasted if we get more seeds. I had to pull some plants up because they were to close.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 19 Jul 2011, 7:58 am

Looking forward to seeing your pics, Glad, but aren't you having a heatwave at the moment?? Take care while you are out in it. It is a wonder anything is happening at all in your wonderful garden. So happy for you that some plants are still producing. The sunflowers must look very cheerful.
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Tue 19 Jul 2011, 8:03 am

Yes hot here. I was not out long.

I got two pictures to show of the sunflowers and when I went to post a different it would not let me. Don't understand what I am doing wrong. It wanted to repost the last picture again. Will try again later.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 19 Jul 2011, 10:15 am

That is ok, Glad, just whenever you can will be totally fine. :)

Do you use Servimg to host your pics?? If so, maybe there was a backlog, or something, there.
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Wed 20 Jul 2011, 12:49 pm

Strange the double pictures of the sunflower is gone. Or did I put them in another thread. Going to look.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Wed 20 Jul 2011, 1:46 pm

Yes, Glad, (& others) they are in Floral Bushes. :cool3:
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Thu 21 Jul 2011, 6:10 am

Right Joy!
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Fri 19 Aug 2011, 5:20 am

The volunteer tomatoes (cherry)

A closer view:

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Fri 19 Aug 2011, 9:21 am

Wow!! That is quite a tomato jungle growing there, Glad. :lol: Good to see the volunteers are producing so well, too. Cherry tomatoes grow well as volunteers, apparently, which is good to know.
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Fri 19 Aug 2011, 9:31 am

I was in the process of posting pictures when a storm brewed so will finish. Think I have one or two more.

Peppers in the front of picture and behind is the okra. I now have to bend the plants to pick the pods. About to go out and get more.

Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Fri 19 Aug 2011, 9:42 am

A small portion of the turnips. They will need to be thinned out in a few days.

The seeds sprouted within two days of planting. I was shocked.

The newly planted beets. They too will need to be thinned.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Fri 19 Aug 2011, 9:49 am

The peppers & okra are looking so lush, Glad, despite the heat. It does show how good the initial foundations of your garden have been to be able to keep the plants looking so good & producing so well. :bravo:

Gosh, that was amazing how quickly the turnip seeds sprouted. The beets seeds weren't too slow either. Hope they will grow as quickly & produce well for you. You are certainly doing something right in your gardening endeavours, Glad. Congratulations. :D

Hope the storm did not cause any problems. Many thanks for posting these pics.
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Fri 19 Aug 2011, 9:55 am

Going out to look but we did not get a lot of wind. Just much needed rain. The winds were about 20 miles east of us.

Thunder and lightning for a while so I shut down the computer.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Fri 19 Aug 2011, 10:05 am

Pleased to hear you did not get much of the winds. The rain would be good to get. Actually, we are near to needing some more rain, at the moment but everything is still green.

We had an unseasonal thunderstorm yesterday morning. Very strange & it had passed over us while I was using my computer. :lol:

Post by Guest on Fri 19 Aug 2011, 5:07 pm

What terrific growth you are getting Glad, shows just how good your preparation was to sustain that amout of growth. Do you feed with anything ?? Great job, thanks for posting the pics.

Current date/time is Sat 22 Jul 2017, 12:29 am