OUR IMAGES

As Promised

Glad E Olah

default As Promised

Post by Glad E Olah on Tue 19 Apr 2011, 1:22 pm

I have a few pictures that son took several weeks ago.

He will get updated ones soon. The potatoes had been planted but not up through the ground yet.

He has also made wire fencing for several areas.

Please excuse the mess! But Joy wanted pictures of the mess. Yikes!

Glad E Olah

default Re: As Promised

Post by Glad E Olah on Tue 19 Apr 2011, 1:28 pm

Continued

Bruce

Post by Bruce on Tue 19 Apr 2011, 2:55 pm

I see plenty of work for a couple of young blokes Glad :rofl: I think it's gunna look great when finished, what are the 4 T pipe structures for?
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 19 Apr 2011, 3:07 pm

My word, this is a really big project you have all undertaken, Glad. It will look fantastic when everything is growing as it should. That certainly is one big backyard, too.

Many thanks for posting these pics, Glad & thank your son for them. He is to be congratulated for all the hard work he has been doing. Fresh veggies are going to taste so good. :good:
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Tue 19 Apr 2011, 3:29 pm

Yes lots of work. More than I could ever do.

Son is digging out the dirt by hand and laying each block and making sure they are all level.

Bruiser the T posts (2 were my clothes line years ago and the middle two were from my neighbor's yard who no longer wanted them) We will grow vine plants on them such as pole beans, cucumbers etc.

When son takes newer pics you will see the fencing he has already installed around the poles.
    Bruce

Post by Bruce on Tue 19 Apr 2011, 3:34 pm

I thought thats what they were Glad,and what you were going to use them for ! :D
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 19 Apr 2011, 4:09 pm

A great deal of thought has certainly gone into the planning detail of your gardens, as well as the execution of these plans, Glad. You & your son should be very proud of this. All this will pay off in the end with you getting a wonderful garden. :bravo:
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Tue 19 Apr 2011, 11:24 pm

Joy, my son is a perfectionist like his dad was. Everything has to be measured. If it is not right he gets upset and begins again.

Matt even uses his computer for some help in designing his plans.
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Wed 20 Apr 2011, 5:22 am

Thank you so much for sharing them! :cool4:. Yeah! that is one Big Yard, and lots of hard work has been done. It is so nice to have lots of space like that. Thanks ! ...and again I love your bandstand very very nice. :cheers:
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Wed 20 Apr 2011, 8:06 am

Your son wasn't born in September was he, Glad?? :lol!:
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Wed 20 Apr 2011, 10:30 am

Joy wrote:Your son wasn't born in September was he, Glad?? :lol!:

Not this one but the oldest one was.

May I ask why?
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Wed 20 Apr 2011, 10:43 am

We September babies are noted for our perfectionist ways, Glad. :lol2:
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Wed 20 Apr 2011, 1:27 pm

Joy wrote:We September babies are noted for our perfectionist ways, Glad.

IC

What is said about July babies.

He was born in July and so was his mother.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Wed 20 Apr 2011, 1:50 pm

Think they are homebodies, Glad. :lol: Not sure about that, but I know they love their Mums. :smile: Did notice your birthday (so I will be able to give you the big celebration :D) & it will be hard to overlook as it is on the same day as my eldest son & Bruiser's brother. :lol!:
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Thu 21 Apr 2011, 3:18 pm

Wow looking forward to the celebration!

Son finished laying the blocks today. He still needs to fill in the areas with dirt yet.

I know he is tired of the concrete blocks.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Thu 21 Apr 2011, 3:25 pm

I'll bet he is tired of seeing them, too, Glad, but it is, most definitely a job well done. He is to be congratulated. :bravo:

Am looking forward to seeing how this project is progressing. Once all the hard work is completed the rewards will be wonderful watching all the fresh veggies growing & growing. Then there will be the picking. :smile:
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Thu 21 Apr 2011, 3:34 pm

I had a couple of radishes from the garden today. I sneaked them just a bit early because I wanted to taste them.

They are going to be good.

The lettuce leaves are growing well and so is the spinach.

So far the only thing not going well are the carrots. They take a very long time to germinate.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Thu 21 Apr 2011, 3:43 pm

:lol2: Those radishes will taste soooooooooooooooooooo much better than store-bought, I'll bet, Glad. :yum: Spinach & lettuce grow so easily, don't they though they are a favourite of rotten slugs & snails. :whack!: :whack!: :whack!:

Do think I have heard that carrots do take quite a while to germinate. Think that is why Dawn bought seedlings when she grew her crop. Maybe she will will know more about this. As for me, I know nuthin' about growing veggies but I do enjoy hearing about other people's veggie growing adventures. :giggle:
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Thu 28 Apr 2011, 3:17 pm

So much rain this past week. Garden might have been damaged today during hail storm. The ground was covered white with moth ball size hail. Too wet to look.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Thu 28 Apr 2011, 3:24 pm

That is serious hail, Glad. Sure hope your garden escaped without too much damage. Sometimes veggies which seem flattened can bounce back. Hope this is so in your case.

Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Fri 29 Apr 2011, 9:10 am

Cabbage, peppers, tomatoes and potatoes are ok. The beans are not far enough along for them to be hurt. Lettuce, onions, beets and spinach look beaten down but like you say I believe will bounce back. Radishes need to be picked as soon as I can get in there to do so.

We had a gorgeous day today. Sunshine all day long! Couple more hours of daylight left for this Thursday.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Fri 29 Apr 2011, 9:31 am

That is excellent news from your garden, Glad. :) The radishes are nearly ready for harvest anyway, aren't they?? They are sweeter if they are still youngish when harvested, or so "they" say. :D

So pleased to hear you have had a lovely sunny day today. Your garden will be so happy about that & I'll bet you are, too.
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Fri 29 Apr 2011, 9:41 am

Been eating radishes for over a week now and was able to pick what I could reach from the grassy part of the yard.

I think tomorrow I will be able to get in to pick them all. It is nice to have wood chips in the garden to walk on.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Fri 29 Apr 2011, 9:56 am

Using wood chips as a walkways in your veggie gardens is a terrific idea, Glad. So much better than concrete pavers for the garden, in my opinion, as wood chips become mulch. Softer underfoot, too. Also, they would be so easy to dig into the soil when the garden is finished for the year, which is another plus for the soil..

Hmmmm, almost time to start planting some more radishes??? :giggle:
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Fri 29 Apr 2011, 1:11 pm

Yes, the mulch is from our tree we had taken down because of ice damage a few years ago.

The man who cut the tree down told me I could get more mulch anytime so I am going to order some. A small delivery fee and lots of mulch.

I will plant more radishes one more time before the weather gets too hot.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 22 Nov 2017, 6:08 am