OUR IMAGES

My Front Yard

Glad E Olah

default Re: My Front Yard

Post by Glad E Olah on Wed 14 Dec 2011, 4:46 am

BIGBILLY21 wrote:Your front yard looks good to me Glad, and the beds are all set out for next year when you want to start.
    See what you mean about the tacky fence.

Oh dear don't get me going on that "Tacky" fence thing. It is rainy today or I would go and get a picture of how that fence is falling apart.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Wed 14 Dec 2011, 10:21 am

Maybe we shall have to start thinking about suggestions for plants to grow in front of THAT fence to disguise it. :lol3:
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Wed 14 Dec 2011, 1:05 pm

Joy wrote:Maybe we shall have to start thinking about suggestions for plants to grow in front of THAT fence to disguise it. :lol3:

Believe me I have tried and so has son.

We do have pine trees and cedar trees. We lost some of the pines and replaced them with Missouri cedar seedlings. The pines did not adapt to the hot and dry summer weather.

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Wed 14 Dec 2011, 1:36 pm

It won't be easy to find a quick growing, bushy plants which will cope with the extremes of hot, dry, wet & snow, will it Glad?? I shill have to do a bit of Googling. :lol3:

Post by Guest on Sat 21 Jan 2012, 7:17 am

Glad...I don't think that fence looks that bad. :smile: Its hard because you can't control things like that when you have close neighbors. We sure have been there with ours...

Like Joy said...hide it with plants and I bet she will find some good ones for you :sun:
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Sat 28 Jan 2012, 9:00 am

justme wrote:Glad...I don't think that fence looks that bad. :smile: Its hard because you can't control things like that when you have close neighbors. We sure have been there with ours...

Like Joy said...hide it with plants and I bet she will find some good ones for you :sun:

Thank you justme. It has been there so long that half the time I don't see it at all. This time of the year it looks the worse because of no foliage of any kind. When the yard begins to become green again then the appearance is much better.

Post by Guest on Sat 03 Mar 2012, 5:08 am

Your welcome Glad...and I'm really looking forward to seeing more pics when things are waking up.

Not to be off topic, but I saw your area had tornados...I hope you are ok :hug:
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Tue 28 May 2013, 1:31 pm

Rather than make a new thread I will add more pictures (basic yard pictures.....these are from my back yard)

Grands playing a game of soccer with water jugs!

Robin eggs.

Baby robins.

One of my rose bushes.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 28 May 2013, 1:40 pm

Great images, Glad. Thanks for posting them. Your grandkids seem to be having lots of fun & you do have plenty of room for them to indulge in such activities. Good stuff. :D

The robin's eggs are such a lovely blue & the hatchlings certainly fill up the space in the nest. Wonderful shots, too.

Love the colour of your roses. They are gorgeous & seem to be doing well with plenty of flowers. Very colourful & thanks for sharing.

Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Tue 28 May 2013, 2:01 pm

welcome Joy....sorry it took a bit to answer....I was posting the veggie pictures when I got notice of your post
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 28 May 2013, 2:13 pm

Oooh, good heavens, Glad, you sure did answer very promptly. :lol:

Will have to tootle over to your veggies & see what you have been up to. :D
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Tue 28 May 2013, 2:25 pm

LOL ok...I have been very busy....so busy I am neglecting all the affiliates to my shout.....trying to visit them in the next couple of days and they are all getting the same pictures.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 28 May 2013, 2:28 pm

Thanks, Glad. :) Sometimes I don't think there are enough hours in the day. There certainly aren't for me & I don't do half of what you do. :lol3:
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Tue 28 May 2013, 2:30 pm

I can never say I am bored.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 28 May 2013, 2:32 pm

Very true, Glad, neither can I. :D

Current date/time is Sat 22 Jul 2017, 12:32 pm