default Re: Adderley Street and Heerengracht. Cape Town

Post by Dawn on Wed 29 Dec 2010, 5:56 pm

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Wed 29 Dec 2010, 5:57 pm

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Wed 29 Dec 2010, 6:06 pm

Here is a link to a local blog . These links have some ariel views of the unfinished freeways, so this is why I have posted them.

Unfinished freeways
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Wed 29 Dec 2010, 6:11 pm

On the way home we saw this exploration ship the Desert Diamond, it could be one that goes up the west coast on Sea Diamond exploration?

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Wed 29 Dec 2010, 6:12 pm

Possibly a better image. Argh!! I miss my Fugi

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Wed 29 Dec 2010, 6:25 pm

link to some more of unfinished bridges

Once in this link if you feel like it click on a link called "a little movie" in the first paragraph, to see a spoof of Lord of the rings
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Wed 29 Dec 2010, 10:15 pm

Thank you so much for these wonderful images, Dawn. :photos: Cape Town looks so lovely, though I'd imagine it would definitely not be so tranquil during a normal business day. A public holiday would, most assuredly, be the best time to do the tourist thing in a city centre.

Many thanks for taking, & showing us, these great images, Dawn, as well as for your wonderful descriptions. :bravo: Keep saying you should be a tourism ambassador for Cape Town. :smile:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Thu 30 Dec 2010, 5:47 pm

Thank you for the nice comment. Joy! :) I always feel the ones I put up of CT are a bit boring but I suppose not to others. This is only the foreshore of CT. No thanks Joy I don't think I would like to be acknowledged in any tourism Joy!:) but thanks for your kind thoughts :thanks: . I think the best parts of Cape Town City is an area called the Gardens, it is in upper Cape Town. I will try one day to put up some pics of it . It is not the Company Gardens I am talking about but a more residential side of CT city. It has the most glorious little olde worlde hotels tucked away all over the avenues. It makes one feel you have stepped back in time. So hopefully if I put pics up the atmosphere will come through too :wave:
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Thu 30 Dec 2010, 9:41 pm

That would be wonderful, Dawn. :cool3: The area sounds so lovely. It is great to see that some of the older parts have managed to survive. In so many places that doesn't happen. Mind you some older parts of some cities aren't worthy of being saved, are they?? :whistle:

Current date/time is Sun 23 Jul 2017, 2:44 pm