OUR IMAGES

How's Your Weather Going???

default Re: How's Your Weather Going???

Post by Guest on Wed 18 Jul 2012, 8:09 pm

Still very wet and cold here but forecast is for better next week, hope so cos the garden is really suffering now.
    Houses just below us got flooded last Saturday and Garden Fete cancelled.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Wed 18 Jul 2012, 8:37 pm

What an awful shame for those affected by the floods, BigBilly. Certainly hope the forecast is correct, BB. You, & your garden, deserve some decent weather. One minute, drought, the next, floods. Sounds like our weather.
    Bruce

Post by Bruce on Thu 19 Jul 2012, 7:46 am

I think the whole world is having lousy weather :(
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Thu 19 Jul 2012, 10:36 am

The weather has certainly been strange everywhere, Bruiser. What about our temps last Friday, (the 13th July) & Saturday??? It was the highest ever, for July (our winter) at 27.6°C (81.7°F) on the Friday, then on Saturday it dropped to 17°C (62.6°F)!!!!! Unbelievable!!! :o

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Fri 20 Jul 2012, 11:43 pm

bruiser wrote:I think the whole world is having lousy weather :(

never a truer word said!!

We had a hail storm that stretched from Cape Town CBD through to Hermanus which is about an hour's drive away along the N2 from CT, then a few days later the N1 near Beaufort West was completely closed to traffic because of heavy snow. We have had no snow but have felt the cold from that snow. Not sure how far it stretched down toward CT but the other morning it was 2 deg and freezing cold, and pours with rain every day. We did however have two days of rest from the rain, yesterday and the day before was brilliant and sunny. But today back to very cold and rainy rainy rainy.

A a lovely day everyone !
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sat 21 Jul 2012, 8:50 am

Gosh, that is lousy weather, Dawn. Makes our "crappy" weather feel almost tropical as the temps haven't dropped much below a minimum of 10°C (50°F) with the maximums being around 18-20°C.

Our sunny days have ended for the time being as today is a 3D day. Dull, damp & dismal. :lol3:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Sun 22 Jul 2012, 7:56 pm

It rained so hard yesterday all day, with gale force winds in the afternoon, last night on the news they said 400 families had to be evacuated due to flooding around the Cape Town area. We woke up to rain and dismal skies this morning but miraculously it seems to be clearing and the sun is shining now :cheers: Hoorah
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sun 22 Jul 2012, 8:48 pm

:apgw: :sun: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Congratulations on your sunny day, Dawn. :bravo: :fun:

The torrential rain does not sound so good though. Luckily, at the moment, whatever rain we have been having hasn't been that bad. Hope the sun sticks around for a while so you can thaw out. :cool4:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Sun 22 Jul 2012, 8:55 pm

Good to hear your rain is not so bad Joy! I reckon Aus has had it share before now. Thanks and you have a great day too ! :bye:
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sun 22 Jul 2012, 9:00 pm

It is nearly bedtime for us, Dawn, :yawn: , but, you have a lovely day. :smile: :cool3:

Post by Guest on Tue 24 Jul 2012, 6:13 pm

Three beautiful days on the trot here, perhaps summer has arrived at last.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 24 Jul 2012, 8:32 pm

Woohoo, BigBilly!!! Sounds good!! Do hope you are correct & summer has finally arrived for you. Enjoy the sun & I hope it hangs around for your further enjoyment. :D
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Thu 06 Sep 2012, 2:03 pm

we are having a bit of a heat wave at the moment. It is very early spring & the temp at 1.30pm was 28.1°C or 83°F with stiff NNW winds blowing in from the tropics bringing the warm air. Humidity was only 36% which is very low for us. (The nights are still cool, though.)

This is bushfire weather!!!! :o
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Thu 13 Sep 2012, 1:44 pm

Today it is stinking hot for spring (although, strictly speaking, it is still winter as the equinox is still to come), as it was 29.6°C or 85°F at 1pm, with the warmest part of the day yet to come. :sun: :hot!:

Had a look back through the records & we haven't had any appreciable rain since June, so that has been a very dry 2 & 1/2 months. Of course, the ground was so wet, from all the rain we had had previously, it took more than 6 weeks to dry out on the surface.

There is some rain forecast for tonight but so far there is no sign of any. :huh2:

Post by Guest on Sun 23 Sep 2012, 5:13 pm

Been very close to frosts the last two days so must think about what to do with the tender plants which are still flowering well.
    Heavy rain and high winds forecast for today and there's a real feel of autumn in the air now in the mornings with some of the leaves starting to change colour.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sun 23 Sep 2012, 5:20 pm

That certainly is an early start to autumn for you, BigBilly :cold: , so I won't mention the wonderful weather we have been having with our very early start to spring. :whistle:

PS. I do really hope your plants are able to continue their flowering for some time yet. :D

Post by Guest on Thu 27 Sep 2012, 6:06 pm

The weather forecaster's were right, two days of really heavy rain and high winds here but horrendous
    floods in many parts of the country with many people having to abandon their homes.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Thu 27 Sep 2012, 8:43 pm

That is a shame, BigBilly. There hasn't been much in our TV news about this, which is unusual. Do hope you will soon have some decent weather.
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Sat 06 Oct 2012, 10:23 am

Been raining for the last four hours. I will take it!
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sat 06 Oct 2012, 10:27 am

That will do your garden a power of good, Glad.

We haven't had any proper rain for over three months & it is really very warm for spring. Yesterday it climbed to 33°C or 92°F.
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Sat 06 Oct 2012, 10:33 am

That is the way our summer was too Joy. Now at the end of the growing season we are getting rain.

Frost is not far away. Prediction of upper 30's tonight. I went out before the rain and gathered as many cukes as I could. Will pickle them tonight. It is sure nice to use some of the dill seed the grands and I harvested this summer.

The turnips, spinach and lettuce will be fine. Takes a killing freeze to get them. The beans are in full bloom and tiny. They need at least another week for a harvest enough for a meal. We will see. The weather man says it should warm up next week.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sat 06 Oct 2012, 10:47 am

Our dry winter is the norm which it hasn't been for a while, Glad. Our summer is supposed to be the wet season but we have had so many wet, cool summers, in a row, we are overdue for a hot, dry one.

Hope, for the sake of your beans, that the frosts do not eventuate for a while yet. Temps in the 30's is something I haven't experienced for many decades. The upper 50's is about as low a nighttime minimum as I could handle. :lol3:

Post by Guest on Mon 15 Oct 2012, 2:25 am

The frosts have arrived,really hard one last night, glad i got the fuchsias inside. The runner beans and sweetcorn took a whacking but we may manage to rescue some for another feed.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Mon 15 Oct 2012, 7:11 am

That is a shame, BigBilly. Do hope you can get some more beans & corn for the pot.

We are very lucky, as we do not have frosts at all, especially as parts of eastern & southern Australia have been hit with an unseasonable cold change these past few days. Some parts have had snow for the first time in a hundred years while other areas, who do get snow in the middle of winter, have had mid spring snow. As for us, we have had cool nights & early mornings with lower day time temps down in the low to mid 20'sC. :cold:
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Wed 17 Oct 2012, 2:15 pm

A very warm day today with the NNW wind coming straight down from the tropics. The temp was about 35°C (95°F) with the relative humidity really low at 26%. I sure would have trouble getting in & out of the car. Zap, zap, zap... :omg: Luckily, I do not have to go anywhere today. :lol3:

Post by Guest on Thu 18 Oct 2012, 6:00 am

Thunder,Hail and brilliant sun, all in the space of an hour here today.

Current date/time is Sun 23 Jul 2017, 2:42 pm