OUR IMAGES

How's Your Weather Going???

Dawn

default Re: How's Your Weather Going???

Post by Dawn on Wed 06 Jan 2010, 9:59 pm

Yes Hope so too Joy!.

Gosh that is a high minimum for night temp, 21C. I never know what our night temps are, usually comfortable enough not to bother to find out. Except last night! great to be sitting on the patio outside but inside with only a small window open it was really hot and stuffy.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Thu 07 Jan 2010, 9:14 pm

The only reason we know our minimum is because the TV weather report in the evening gives the minimum as well as the max. :lol: Bruiser looked at Weatherzone this morning & at 9a.m. (daylight savings time, too) we had 98% humidity!!!!!!! We had no rain & the max got to 29C. I am amazed that my washing managed to dry on the clothesline!!!!

He has just this minute looked at Weatherzone again & the humidity is STILL 98% at 8.30p.m!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :affraid: No rain, though.
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Fri 08 Jan 2010, 1:32 am

Those are extreme conditions!. I hope the situation improves soon for you, not good to have it like that for too long is it Joy?.It must be very unpleasant for you.

We never watch the TV forecast. If I want details I usually google it!

My mum gives me a run down in the morning as she watches the forecast on the news at 6am. Makes her feel like she has a little role to play, (without me sounding patronising)! DH calls her our 'weather guru' she loves it!!
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sat 09 Jan 2010, 4:25 pm

Good on your Mum, Dawn. That would certainly keep her interested in what is going on around the place.

Today has been absolutely fabulous. Woke to a beautiful clear blue sky. There were a few white puffies later on & Bruiser thought we would get a howling nor'easterly sea breeze but it hasn't eventuated. All those clouds have long gone. :sunny: :D

We get used to the humidity, Dawn. You do feel a little drained but it wouldn't be as bad as it would be for someone who wasn't used to it.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Mon 11 Jan 2010, 10:50 am

Another lovely day today. Clear blue skies, warm, still humid but bearable, slight breeze. This makes a huge change from the overcast. threatening-to-rain conditions we have had for the past few weeks. :cheers:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Thu 14 Jan 2010, 1:51 am

It is 4.45pm and 32 deg C in the sitting room, with not a breath of wind .

I am not complaining I did all my complaining yesterday, at the wind, while it howled a gale outside, I just howled back at it
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Thu 14 Jan 2010, 10:05 am

It was very, very windy, here, yesterday afternoon. It was a strong nor'easterly sea breeze & did stop our temps from going over the 30C mark but I hated it. It blew over my aloe vera & Rainbow tree (dracaena marginata tricolour), twice. Had to tie the Rainbow Tree to the lattice divider. It is really tall, now.

So far, today, (10a.m.), it is lovely with clear blue skies & a very slight breeze. At 9.30a.m. it was 27C so it should be warmer now. Do hope the NE, if it arrives this afternoon, doesn't blow as hard as yesterday.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Thu 14 Jan 2010, 11:21 am

The cicadas are buzzing but only for short spells. It's not a true Aussie summer without the constant loud buzz of cicadas.
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Thu 14 Jan 2010, 6:54 pm

Oh you just hit a soft spot Joy!.

I *love* cicada beetles.

The vibrant singing of cicadas in the still heat.

I havent heard any in years .
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Thu 14 Jan 2010, 8:49 pm

There are plenty of cicadas around here, Dawn, but the previous two summers were too wet for them. There are some in the palm trees just outside & they give out an extra loud short burst of sound, stop, repeat twice more, just before nightfall, then shut up!! Don't seem to hear them during the day. Do hear others from further away, though.
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Fri 15 Jan 2010, 12:00 am

I shall listen out for cicadas in one of your future videos, should they ever happen to be on there , maybe you never know. hint, hint, I shall say no more

I am only joking, I wouldn't be so cheeky.

Our temperature is at around 26C in the lounge, it is now 3.00pm and is very pleasant after yesterdays melting pot temps.
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Fri 15 Jan 2010, 12:02 am

I mean cheeky enough to put in an order for a video
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Fri 15 Jan 2010, 8:36 am

Shall see what I can do for you, Dawn. Today is fairly overcast so we shan't hear much from them but when/if they start up, I shall try & get some video of them. Trouble is, they only seem to go in short bursts at the moment. But, we do have plenty of time........

Yikes there are only six more weeks of summer :!: :!: :!: :!:
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sat 16 Jan 2010, 5:45 pm

Still no cicadas singing today, Dawn. Last night we didn't even get the late evening chorus we had been having for the past few evenings. A couple started up this morning & I thought "You bewdy" then they went quiet, not to be heard from again. :(

Today was a funny day weatherwise. Last night, the TV weather gurus forecast lovely sunshine for today, but we had a morning of overcast skies & looked as though it was going to rain. Very still & humid. Then this afternoon we had lovely clear blue skies, warm, humid & no breeze. Can't complain, though I guess. 8)
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Mon 18 Jan 2010, 9:01 pm

Have your cicadas singing video, Dawn. :) It is in Videos of Wildlife. The sky, unfortunately, was cloudy but it may have made them sing, that & the fact we had a maximum temp of at least 31C. Felt much warmer than that as it was so humid. There was supposed to be a southerly change this evening but it doesn't seem to have made much of a difference. :(
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Mon 18 Jan 2010, 9:12 pm

Yesterday, it was a lovely day. Warm, clear blue sky, still humid but there was a bit of a nor'easterly sea breeze. Then later in the afternoon a thunderstorm arrived from the SSW. It certainly looked threatening, especially with all the thunder. There was lightning & thunder all around us but we didn't get any overhead. When it arrived there were heavy raindrops, probably melted hail, then it rained for less than 1/2 an hour. Luckily there was no wind with this thunderstorm. It was another one that had a bark worse than its bite. We are really overdue for a serious thunderstorm.

Coming up the coast.

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Mon 18 Jan 2010, 9:13 pm

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Mon 18 Jan 2010, 9:14 pm

Joy