OUR IMAGES

How's Your Weather Going???

Dawn

default Re: How's Your Weather Going???

Post by Dawn on Mon 30 Nov 2009, 4:34 pm

that's very warm! Joy.

It is cool here today, very cool, after a few days with 29/30C or so.

It was about 12C this am at 5.15 am.

Here are a few Images of sunrise this morning
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Mon 30 Nov 2009, 4:35 pm

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Mon 30 Nov 2009, 4:37 pm

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Mon 30 Nov 2009, 4:49 pm

That is a very colourful sunrise, Dawn. I don't, as a rule, see our sunrise but I don't think they are as colourful as that one. :lol:

After a several days of temps in the 30s+C today we only had them in the mid 20sC thanks to the southerly. Much more comfortable. Was even able to make up a batch of Bolognaise sauce for the freezer. I use kangaroo mince for that & it goes down well. :D
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Mon 30 Nov 2009, 5:01 pm

Gosh, didn't realise one could eat roo! we eat ostrich meat sometimes it is very low in fat. tastes like beef.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Mon 30 Nov 2009, 5:45 pm

Roo meat is also very healthy as it is very low in fat & is high in iron, etc. (Much like ostrich meat, I'd imagine.) It is wild caught from culled animals & processed at special abattoirs. Much of it is exported. I buy it at our regular supermarket. My half Italian granddaughter loves it but she doesn't know what critter is in it. :lol:
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Wed 02 Dec 2009, 10:46 am

Now that it is officially summer here, the temps have plummeted to a more comfortable mid 20sC. Makes a change from the mid 30sC. This November had our highest temps ever recorded so it was a very warm spring. It is now our wet season. :x
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Fri 04 Dec 2009, 10:45 am

Not so wet season, I think. Today is absolutely glorious. The temp is already 27.4C & it is only 10.40am summer time (AESST) with hardly any wind. The skies are totally clear, they way they should be now that it is summer. :lol:
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Fri 04 Dec 2009, 4:29 pm

Thankfully, the seabreezes kicked in early afternoon & cooled things down a little. Still have clear blue skies, though. :)
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sat 05 Dec 2009, 4:22 pm

We have had a lovely day today, very warm in the morning with NE seabreezes coming in, late morning. Now it is late afternoon & we have a nasty looking thunderstorm a'rumbling in the west. The sky has gone quite dark. Do hope it avoids us. :affraid:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Tue 08 Dec 2009, 3:00 am

Joybells wrote:We have had a lovely day today, very warm in the morning with NE seabreezes coming in, late morning. Now it is late afternoon & we have a nasty looking thunderstorm a'rumbling in the west. The sky has gone quite dark. Do hope it avoids us. :affraid:

I can't imagine a pacific thunderstorm as opposed to ours, but I imagine you must get some real nasties that hit you.

After a few days of highish temperatures, I woke up to a steady soft rain this morning. It looked like it had started some time during the night, judging by the little rivers all over my garden. It rained until about 10 oclock I think?? and now it is sunny but sooo humid. Not usual for us. At this rate I will be able to plant tropicals.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 08 Dec 2009, 11:26 am

Yes, we do get some beauties of storms, Dawn, which come in from the inland west. Some of these have originally come from the Indian Ocean & sweep right across the continent. Of course there are also the storms that come in from the Pacific, as well as the cyclones. So we can get them from all angles. Sometimes at once. :lol:

Wish we had some rain. We are in the, so-called. wet season but have not had much so far. Though I had better be careful about what I wish for. We do get those really heavy downpours which can fill our very deep gutters in a flash. The local council pipes all this stormwater to various wetlands which have been set up around the place. Frog love it, though these wetlands are rather dry right now.

It is very humid here today, which is the norm. It is a lovely day with clear blue sky & the NE seabreeze came in early. Oops, just had a look at the local volunteer coastguard's website & our temp at 11am is 32.6C!!!!! Despite the seabreeze. :o
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Thu 10 Dec 2009, 5:47 pm

We have had a very humid & warm week. Temps have been in the 30sC with 35C one day. Today it got to 33C with humidity in the 70s in the late afternoon. There is a serious looking thunderstorm brewing down south & over to the west. The wind is blowing but isn't a howling gale. Yet!!

Oops, it has just started with some big gusts of wind!! Has blown our wheelie bin over. It was out on the kerb awaiting pick up in the early hours of the morning. Bruiser went out to pick it back up & was casually walking around outside looking at the weather. Had to call him inside!!! :roll:
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Thu 10 Dec 2009, 8:55 pm

Luckily, the storm did not cause any damage for us. Someone, though, either next door or upstairs had a flyscreen sucked from one of their windows. It is lying on next door's driveway. A large town southwest of us felt the full effects of this storm.

Turned out that our max temp was 34C & humidity was at least 85%, according to this evening's TV weather report. Thought it was very steamy.
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Mon 14 Dec 2009, 11:44 pm

Our weather has not been much better , except ours wasn't a storm yesterday. just wind
    I just got an update on the wind speed yesterday. 100km winds, in Cape Town and 140km at Cape Point
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 15 Dec 2009, 8:56 am

That is cyclonic, or hurricane, wind speeds, Dawn :!: :!: :!: :affraid: No wonder the Cape of Good Hope was considered a fearsome place to sail around.

Today our weather can't seem to make its mind up as to whether to rain or just stay overcast. It is really humid & the temps seem to stay in the 30sC though it does seem a little cooler today, thank goodness.
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Sat 19 Dec 2009, 5:04 am

Oh the wind and I we have such a terrible relationship. I really need to kick it into touch.
    But in my defense everyone I know here has the same problem

Does one ever get used to the humidity that you experience? I have never lived in a place for long enough with high humidity to really know? Great for plants though isnt it?

I know I would love your ocean. with its salty smell.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sat 19 Dec 2009, 3:47 pm

Kick it into touch. :lol: Bruiser would love that descriptive phrase, Dawn. :cheers: Though when he was race sailing they would always be calling out "Send 'er down, Hughie!!" Hughie being the yachties' god of the wind or weather. Mostly wind!!

I grew up in Auckland, NZ & it was very humid there, due to it having the Tasman Sea on one side & the Pacific Ocean on the other. As well, its harbour ran east/west almost right through the Auckland isthmus, so there was plenty of salt water around. At its narrowest point, it is only three miles across. First time visitors, or even locals who had been away for sometime, would feel very drained for the first few days until they became accustomed to the humidity. Have been around humidity most of my life but it still does become a bit of a pain with the old drip, drip, drip off one's nose or chin, etc whenever you are doing something. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Right now, it is 3.45pm & it is now overdast, with thunder rumbling away in the distance. And, yes, it is warm & humid. We had a very dry winter with cool dry air coming in from the centre of the continent, & our "Bad Hair Day Plant" had all of its new leaves browned off by the dryness. Didn't matter, as its leaves are only temporary, anyway, but it did look scruffy. Sprayed it, when I remembered. :oops:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Sat 19 Dec 2009, 5:16 pm

"Kick it into touch. :lol: Bruiser would love that descriptive phrase, Dawn. :cheers: Though when he was race sailing they would always be calling out "Send 'er down, Hughie!!" Hughie being the yachties' god of the wind or weather. Mostly wind!!"

I think I would like Hughie, if he could stop the wind!
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sat 19 Dec 2009, 5:51 pm

It certainly would be good if he did, Dawn.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sun 20 Dec 2009, 9:41 pm

We have had some very welcome rain today. It started in the wee small hours of the morning & rained, with varying intensity, for most of the day. The grass was getting rather brown so it should green up nicely. We are lucky as our soil is all sand-based & heavy rain drains away very quickly.

Hope it isn't raining tomorrow though as we are heading to Queensland on an errand tomorrow morning. It isn't far. Only a couple of hours drive.
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Mon 21 Dec 2009, 1:26 am

That's great, have a good time, drive safe as always and don't forget to take some........Photo's!
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Mon 21 Dec 2009, 5:40 pm

It was too dull & dismal for most of the trip, Dawn, & there wasn't really much that was new to take pics of, worse luck. Did get some cloud shots, though. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The weather was lovely when we we arrived back home!!! Still hot & muggy, though. We need a perspiring smiley, I think. ;)
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Wed 06 Jan 2010, 8:40 pm

Early this morning we woke up to cool overcast conditions. It is 11.30 am sunny and a comfortable 20 deg C on my inside thermometer. There is a strong smell of bushfire in the air too, don't know exactly where it is coming from, but I expect we shall hear soon enough.

There is very little wind at the moment so hopefully it will be nipped in the bud very soon.
    On Monday there was a big bush fire stretching along the west coast road up to Melkbosstrand my sister had to drive home through the smoke. She phoned to let me know so we all knew avoid that route.
    Driving through that smoke is really just not on.

Yesterday it was unbearably hot, not a breath of wind, it was 32 deg C in my sitting room at 4pm. It did cool down when the sun sank and then we had a glorious evening
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Wed 06 Jan 2010, 9:20 pm

All the fires around our way seem to be over for now as we have had some rain in most areas. They are having terrible fires in Western Australia at the moment. Seems to be part of our summer to have awful bushfires somewhere. Do hope yours are able to be contained before they cause too much damage, Dawn.

It was sunny this am for a while but became cloudy later. We had 29C max. apparently, but with all the humidity, it felt warmer. It is still very humid now, at 9.20 p.m. Our minimum seems to be around 21C each night. :x
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Wed 06 Jan 2010, 9:59 pm

Yes Hope so too Joy!.

Gosh that is a high minimum for night temp, 21C. I never know what our night temps are, usually comfortable enough not to bother to find out. Except last night! great to be sitting on the patio outside but inside with only a small window open it was really hot and stuffy.

Current date/time is Sat 22 Jul 2017, 12:36 am