OUR IMAGES

How's Your Weather Going???

Dawn

default Re: How's Your Weather Going???

Post by Dawn on Sun 08 Nov 2009, 10:04 pm

Yes, I guess spring hasn't left us yet. Nice clear photos . I expect the birds knew there was nothing to worry about.
    South of us have also had a problem but with drought despite the abundance of rain we have had this year. This link would explain it better
    http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=13&art_id=vn20090908070655258C482577

Don't know if this link is going to work at all it keeps splitting up
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sun 08 Nov 2009, 10:18 pm

Just tried it, Dawn & got the old "Web page unavailable" page. Then I tried http://www.iol.co.za/index & was able to get the front page with an index of their main stories. Wasn't able to see anything there about a drought but it did say there were big winds headed for Cape Town. Batten down what ever hatches you still have unbattened, Dawn!! :shock:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Sun 08 Nov 2009, 10:19 pm

Oh! the link sorted itself out once it was posted
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Sun 08 Nov 2009, 10:24 pm

The link worked from my side this time! we had patio chairs flying all over the garden yesterday . exciting living here!
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sun 08 Nov 2009, 10:25 pm

:lol: This topic has just been given the Hot New Topic icon!!!!!! Woohoo!! :D Shall try again!.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sun 08 Nov 2009, 10:27 pm

Dawn wrote:The link worked from my side this time! we had patio chairs flying all over the garden yesterday . exciting living here!

Oh dear!! That would have been rather frightening. The weather back in May was as exciting as I want to get at the moment.

One cyclone is enough for me & that was many years ago when we lived in NZ. Hope it won't get any worse for you.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sun 08 Nov 2009, 10:33 pm

SNOW!!!!!!!!!! You've been having SNOW!!!!! Can understand the drought thing. NSW is still in a state of drought over a large area, even though there has been heaps of rain at times. Was a very dry winter.

PS The link worked this time, just fine.
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Mon 09 Nov 2009, 12:17 am

Joybells wrote: This topic has just been given the Hot New Topic icon!!!!!! Woohoo!! Shall try again!.

What does that mean?
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Mon 09 Nov 2009, 8:20 am

Dawn wrote:
    Joybells wrote: This topic has just been given the Hot New Topic icon!!!!!! Woohoo!! Shall try again!.

What does that mean?

Just means it is a popular topic. Not an easy feat when there was really just the two of us posting. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Tue 10 Nov 2009, 10:37 pm

Our weather improved yesterday with some sunshine, but we are back to the same today
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 10 Nov 2009, 11:08 pm

Oh dear Dawn, do hope you get some good spring weather very soon. Spring can be so unpredictable, though, can't it???

We had an unsettled day to start with, then it became sunny & pleasant. Supposed to be warmer tomorrow. After the stable weather patterns of winter, I find these unpredictable spring days make it harder to know what is going to happen. Keeps me unsettled!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Wed 11 Nov 2009, 3:42 pm

We are having a beautiful day today. Think the max temp will be around 30C (86F). There is a light NE seabreeze which is very pleasant but in not strong enough to blow your head off, as it normally is. :roll: Not bad for spring.

All in all, a great day for
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Mon 16 Nov 2009, 11:10 pm

A rather warm day today. Reached 34C (93F) despite the very stiff NE seabreeze.
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Tue 17 Nov 2009, 6:28 am

Joybells wrote:A rather warm day today. Reached 34C (93F) despite the very stiff NE seabreeze.

Shoo! that is warm. We had a good day too, but dont know what the temp was I didn't look at the thermometer.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 17 Nov 2009, 10:07 am

Am very glad you have had some good weather, Dawn. You certainly deserve it. Here it is very warm again this morning. Think it will be warmer than yesterday, though thunderstorms have been forecast for later today.

Might have to get out my little friend. I call him Hughie, after the yachties' weather god
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Wed 18 Nov 2009, 11:44 am

Well, our max temp for yesterday was a whopping 39C (103.2F) & that would been before lunch!!! This was, despite living by the ocean. No cooling seabreezes.

The forecast strong southerly winds arrived early afternoon, but, all they did was to, seemingly, blow the hot air back. Also brought us high humidity.

The promised thunderstorms & rain were wimps, too, as we only had a bit of thunder & a brief shower of rain.
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Wed 18 Nov 2009, 8:28 pm

Oo yes very stormy look to those clouds. Those sea breezes are lovely aren't they!

My thermometer registered 30 in the livingroom yesterday. So our weather is moving into summer. We are scheduled to have gale force winds today and tomorrow. So far its not galing just a bit gusty.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sat 21 Nov 2009, 9:39 am

Do hope the gale force winds didn't hit you, Dawn. One thing I hate, weatherwise, is strong winds.

This morning it is very warm with temps already into the upper 20sC. There is a clear blue sky with some haze & the cooling NE seabreezes are yet to arrive. If they don't it will be extremely warm!!

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sat 21 Nov 2009, 10:37 am

Had to give my back patio plants an early watering as they were drying out from the heat. No signs, as yet, of the NE seabreezes & it is after 10.30a.m. It is REALLY warm.

Just checked the temp at our local volunteer coast guard's web site & it was 30.7C at 10a.m!!!
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sat 21 Nov 2009, 12:10 pm

Checked the coast guard's web site & the temp at 11.30a.m.was 33.5C (92.3F). It is now just after midday & the NE seabreeze has started.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Mon 23 Nov 2009, 10:04 pm

Funny old day today. A really warm morning with a light breeze then a, supposedly, cool southerly hit this afternoon. Didn't do much to cool things down but just made the day look dull as it brought with a heavy haze which made the sky white. :roll: Nonetheless, we still had a max temp in the 30sC.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Fri 27 Nov 2009, 3:14 pm

It is 31.7C (89F) here even with a stiff NE seabreeze blowing. Imagine just how hot it would be if there was no breeze!! The temp will be much hotter a few kms inland.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Fri 27 Nov 2009, 9:07 pm

The max ended up being 33C (91.5F) even with the seabreeze. There is supposed to be thunderstorms tomorrow but they have been forecast for the past couple of days. Soooooooo, we shall see. :roll:
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sat 28 Nov 2009, 3:23 pm

Boy, is it hot today. We have had NNW breezes today which means the hot air from the deserts are blown our way. No cooling seabreezes. It has been very humid & at 3pm the temp was sitting at 34.8C (95F). Had to close the front patio's large floor-to-ceiling sliding glass door as all the was coming in was hot air. It now has the afternoon sun as well. Keep forgetti ng it is still only spring.

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sun 29 Nov 2009, 12:00 pm

It was 30C at 11 am & that is with daylight savings. So the "real"time would be 10am. Pretty warm for that time of the day.
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Mon 30 Nov 2009, 4:34 pm

that's very warm! Joy.

It is cool here today, very cool, after a few days with 29/30C or so.

It was about 12C this am at 5.15 am.

Here are a few Images of sunrise this morning

Current date/time is Sat 22 Jul 2017, 12:34 pm