OUR IMAGES

How's Your Weather Going???

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

default How's Your Weather Going???

Post by Joy on Sat 03 Oct 2009, 5:25 pm

Today, it has been very, very warm with a stiff hot, dry, nor'westerly wind blowing from the inland desert country. Weather reports say we had temps of around 32/33C but it felt much hotter than it did yesterday when we apparently had a max of 35C. Later this afternoon, a lovely cooling southerly breeze travelled up the coast. It is very refreshing. Thought we might have gotten a thunderstorm out of it, though. So far, so good. There is still a veil of smoke or dust covering the sky.

Bruce

default Re: How's Your Weather Going???

Post by Bruce on Sat 03 Oct 2009, 5:37 pm

Well the southerly finally got here and it is beautifullllllll now! :) :)
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sun 04 Oct 2009, 2:29 pm

It finally rained during the night & today we have had light, but fairly constant, rain. It isn't much, but it is better than what we have been having for the past few months. Think the lawns will be pleased. Everywhere around town, the lawns were rather parched.

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 06 Oct 2009, 3:37 pm

Yesterday afternoon a nasty looking thunderstorm travelled up the coast from down south. The thunder could be heard in the distance. By the late afternoon/early evening it started to look serious, especially as this was very early for a thunderstorm. We don't usually have these until late summer.

Last edited by Joybells on Tue 06 Oct 2009, 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 06 Oct 2009, 3:50 pm

It travelled quickly & within another 10-15 mins it was starting to look more serious.

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 06 Oct 2009, 3:59 pm

Still looks as though it cause us some damage.

The front edge of the thunderstorm as it travels north.

The tail end of the thunderstorm about half an hour later. We were very lucky & only had a short sharp shower of rain & nothing else. It weould seem that this very early thunderstorm did behave itself.

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Fri 09 Oct 2009, 2:59 pm

A nice clear day today but the temp is cooler, somewhere in the very low 20sC. Blustery winds from the SW. Big seas are forecast. Glad we don't have to be on it. :D
    Bruce

Post by Bruce on Fri 09 Oct 2009, 3:04 pm

I'm not going anywhere near it !!!!!! :pirate6:
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Fri 09 Oct 2009, 3:38 pm

Thought you would get out onto the ocean blue any chance you get, Bruiser.

Bruce

Post by Bruce on Fri 09 Oct 2009, 4:06 pm

Nice weather shot's Joy , you should send them to NBN!!
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 13 Oct 2009, 11:37 am

Thanks Bruiser but you know me. Would be too scared they would knock them back. :roll:

Rained during the night which is a good time for it to rain. I believe. Warm & sunny with blustery winds today. Typical spring weather, actually.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 13 Oct 2009, 10:06 pm

Well, it turned out to be not so typical. The temp climbed until we had a max of 35C & it sure felt like it. There is also, yet another, dust storm alert out. Hope we don't have one tomorrow. Have things to do, out & about & that is something I don't want to do if there is a dust storm!!! :shock:
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Wed 14 Oct 2009, 8:20 am

34% humidity at 8am today!!!!!!! We are right on the coast too!!!! There should be more humidity than that!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Am I going to get zapped today. Will have to be extra careful when closing the car door. :shock:
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Thu 15 Oct 2009, 10:08 pm

Well, we did have a dust storm yesterday. Luckily, we didn't have to spend much time out in the open breathing in the dirt & pollens that come with it. It certainly blew. The TV weather report said the humidity got down to 13%, unheard of. Probably wasn't that low here, didn't feel like it, as we are so close to the water.

Today was absolutely glorious, with lovely clear blue skies, warm, some breeze but not the horrible westerlies that bring the dust. We had a NE seabreeze later in the day which helped to make the temp more bearable. It was the same as yesterday, 31C. Quite comfortable.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Fri 23 Oct 2009, 5:28 pm

Have had some wonderful weather this past week with lovely clear b lue skies warm temps. We have had afternoon sea breezes which made sure the temps did not get too high.

This afternoon, it looks as though there is a thunderstorm brewing down south. It is travelling quite quickly, too.

Some pics taken 30 mins ago.

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Wed 28 Oct 2009, 9:23 pm

This stormy looking weather did not amount to anything much, thank goodness. We have had some, very much appreciated, good rain these past couple of days. This has cooled the temps a bit, too.
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Sun 08 Nov 2009, 5:33 pm

Those seabreezes are wonderful for cooling everything down arent they. Did the storm pass quickly?
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sun 08 Nov 2009, 5:39 pm

Great to see you, Dawn. That bad looking weather did pass quickly, Dawn. Have been having some really humid days lately. It is so humid you can feel the moisture on your skin, as if it is raining. Has been a dull old day today with some light showers.

How is your weather?????
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sun 08 Nov 2009, 5:42 pm

Took some pics of threatening looking clouds, approaching from the south, this afternoon. They also, thank goodness, did not amount to anything. Shall post them after dinner. :D
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Sun 08 Nov 2009, 5:56 pm

Great I look forward to seeing them. Our weather is very wet and rainy and wintery. We had gale force winds yesterday and since then it has rained, rained and rained. The upside is I don't have to water the garden.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sun 08 Nov 2009, 5:57 pm

Was able to get these done before dinner. :lol: My plants are under cover & only the ones at the edge of the patios get any benefit from the rain.

The shape of the clouds standing out in stark contrast to the dark sky behind, attracted my attention. They were slow moving gradually moved on leaving just a dull overcast sky.

:roll:
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sun 08 Nov 2009, 6:01 pm

Gosh, your spring weather has been very, well, spring-like, as in unpredictable, hasn't it, Dawn???? Some areas south of us have had flood rains these past few days, some which also had floods earlier this year.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sun 08 Nov 2009, 6:04 pm

This bird wasn't concerned by the dark clouds.

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sun 08 Nov 2009, 8:58 pm

An odd looking cloud yesterday, had me reaching for the camera. Was a little too lazy to actually walk outside to take this shot. :lol:

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Sun 08 Nov 2009, 10:04 pm

Yes, I guess spring hasn't left us yet. Nice clear photos . I expect the birds knew there was nothing to worry about.
    South of us have also had a problem but with drought despite the abundance of rain we have had this year. This link would explain it better
    http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=13&art_id=vn20090908070655258C482577

Don't know if this link is going to work at all it keeps splitting up

Current date/time is Fri 28 Jul 2017, 2:50 pm