OUR IMAGES

Moon Shots

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

default Moon Shots

Post by Joy on Wed 03 Nov 2010, 9:38 am

As I was up earlier than normal yesterday, :roll: I was able to take this image of the waning crescent moon. It stood out in a clear blue sky as it was well after dawn, even though it was only 5.56am Australian Eastern Summer Time, or 4.56am normal time. :O

Last edited by Joy on Thu 25 Nov 2010, 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Dawn

default Re: Moon Shots

Post by Dawn on Thu 25 Nov 2010, 4:40 pm

Gee Joy! that is an amazing image of the moon, I have tried and tried to get a good shot like that of the moon for ages. It just never comes out . I have tried with all three cameras but had no success. I reckon you could do lots of creative things with this picture. It almost looks painted. Well done how did you do it?
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Thu 25 Nov 2010, 5:28 pm

Thanks, Dawn. :smile: It was a sheer fluke. I was up really early (for me) & it was just after dawn. I looked out from the back patio, which faces ENE, & here was this lovely crescent moon coming up over the fence next door. That is our eastern horizon. :whistle: :lol2:

The only thing I really did was to crop the pic. Here is the original image. Don't have a tripod either.

Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Fri 26 Nov 2010, 11:10 am

Wow Joy!

Nice, clear picture too!
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Fri 26 Nov 2010, 11:20 am

Thanks Glad. :D I do like taking pics of the moon & this one was, at least, in the daylight hours. Now that it is warmer at night, I may try for some night shots. Have a special night shot function on my new camera. May give it a go with the next full moon. That is, if it isn't raining or the sky isn't completely cloud covered. :whistle:
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Wed 22 Dec 2010, 3:32 pm

Shots of the summer solstice full moon, on the 21st of December 2010, which was a full eclipse to happen at sunset. Unfortunately, due to a thick cloud bank out to sea on the horizon, we were unable to see the important start of this eclipse. This first image was taken from our back yard from inbetween the trees. :lol2: It shows the moon coming out from the eclipse. It was more orange than it appears in the pic.

The air was thick with salt haze which made the moon very hazy.

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Wed 22 Dec 2010, 3:34 pm

A bit more of the moon. :whistle:

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Wed 22 Dec 2010, 3:35 pm

Nearly back to full.

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Wed 22 Dec 2010, 3:37 pm

Full moon. All we need is some bats flying across it. :lol!:

Now that gives me an idea. :whistle:

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Thu 23 Dec 2010, 5:40 pm

Joy wrote:Full moon. All we need is some bats flying across it. :lol!:

Now that gives me an idea.

A lovely series of shots Joy! wow they do it so well. Especially this last one very artistically taken I love them
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Thu 23 Dec 2010, 9:17 pm

:thanks: Dawn. The last one was sheer chance as next door's palm fronds were in the right position. :cool4:

Was thinking I might be able to use Picnik or Fotoflexer to put some bats flying across the full moon but neither of them had any. :mad: :whistle:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Fri 24 Dec 2010, 12:19 am

I think it looks great as is. I love that shot!
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Fri 24 Dec 2010, 11:06 am

Thanks Dawn. :smile:
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Sat 25 Dec 2010, 4:34 pm

Wow! Those are awesome pictures. It was cloudy with fog the other night so your pictures are a real treat showing what I missed.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sat 25 Dec 2010, 4:40 pm

Thanks Glad. We went to our local headland lookout to get a really good look at the full total eclipse. Unfortunately the heavy cloudbank out to sea prevented us from seeing it from the beginning. This happened all along the coast where the total eclipse was to be viewed, so no one, in east coast Australia, saw the total eclipse from the start. The first image I actually took from our back yard as the moon rose over the trees & stuff.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 25 Jan 2011, 8:33 pm

Was outside this morning & saw this waning gibbous moon. It has been a while since we have actually seen the moon so clearly due to all the rain & overcast skies we have had.

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 25 Jan 2011, 8:34 pm

A larger view.

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Tue 25 Jan 2011, 8:50 pm

Those are stunning photos Joy! so clear, wonderful. What time in the morning can you remember. :bravo: I love the way the bottom half looks like is is sinking into a blue sea, or emerging whichever way you look at it
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 25 Jan 2011, 9:00 pm

Thanks, Dawn. :smile: It was taken just after I had finished hanging out the laundry this morning. Noticed it while I was putting the washing on the line, so grabbed my camera, tout de suite. It was taken at 8.07am summer time (or 7.07 am in non-daylight savings time. :rofl: ).
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Tue 25 Jan 2011, 9:03 pm

Oh my this international thingummy with the time gets very complicated doesn't it :lol2:

It just looked like the sky was lovely and clear. looks like you had a great morning! Thanks for the pics :cheers:
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 25 Jan 2011, 9:16 pm

:lol2: My camera is still set at standard time so it is an hour out for half the year. :O Suppose I could reset it but I'd only have to do it again in April. :roll:

Yes it was a mostly clear skies day again today, Dawn. There was small trail of puffy clouds, which were passing near the moon, but they had disappeared when I came out with the camera. :cool:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Wed 26 Jan 2011, 6:34 am

I think the last time I looked one of my cameras still say 2009 or was it 8 when I download pics ?? :lol2: I keep thinking I must change it, but I don't know how to :lol2:
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Wed 26 Jan 2011, 8:09 am

:rofl: At least the date is ok on my Fuji, I think, Dawn. Gotta go & check. Yep, it says today's date, including the right year. :cool4: :dance:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Wed 26 Jan 2011, 4:25 pm

I am sure it is Joy ! It doesn't matter though does it. or does it ? I never even look at the date, once maybe to make sure I am not putting up last years flower photos as sometimes they all look the same :whistle:
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Wed 26 Jan 2011, 4:37 pm

:lol2: Know what you mean, Dawn. :cool4:

Current date/time is Wed 20 Sep 2017, 1:44 pm