OUR IMAGES

A Trip around False Bay

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

default Re: A Trip around False Bay

Post by Joy on Sun 26 Sep 2010, 9:55 pm

What a fantastic topic, Dawn!! :cheers: :cool3: The images are absolutely wonderful & certainly do create a hankering to visit & see this part of the world. :love: Told you the Cape tourism authorities should grab you. :smile:

It is great to hear how valued the baboons are & so well taken care of. The pics of that male are hilarious. Sitting there, he looked just like a road worker sitting on his Esky (cooler) while having smoko (morning tea), except not wearing trousers. :lol2:

Thank you for the links, too. They are extremely informative & are a great help to us to understand the area, such as places like Boulder, etc. The station at Kalk Bay is a work of art. Gorgeous. :love:

It seems as though you had a wonderful day being a tourist. :lol!: :bravo: I find one gets a different perspective when looking at familiar surroundings as if you were a tourist. It is like having a fresh pair of eyes, if you know what I mean. ;) :thankyou: again for the :photos:. :clap: :wave2:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Mon 27 Sep 2010, 12:32 am

Thanks everyone!! so glad you liked the images.

Joy! Boulder's beach is on this route but I never showed it as we never visited this time, as one has to go on a little road off to the left and then walk quite a long way to get to it, it is on APG in another thread.

But one I did miss out, and is well worth mentioning is St James beach. It uploaded to another album that is why I missed it out in error. We joined The main road at Kalk bay but I got a few images of St James from Boyes Drive just before arriving in Kalk Bay
    . It has these beautiful little changing huts that have been preserved. No longer used as change huts but storage units. It also has a rock pool for safer bathing.

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Mon 27 Sep 2010, 7:54 am

What a wonderful spot, Dawn. Those changing sheds are so colourful. They look great with the white sand. It seems like a terrific beach for young children. :smile:

Do remember your previous post on Boulder's Beach which is why I found your link so informative, as it placed it in this area. You are a great tour guide. Thanks again. :bravo:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 22 Nov 2017, 9:54 pm