OUR IMAGES

A Red Sun

Dawn

default A Red Sun

Post by Dawn on Mon 16 Aug 2010, 4:32 pm

Due to the lack of seasonal rain and wind, there was a "cloud" of pollution or dust? settled over the sea, and when the sunset and shone through this "cloud" it appeared red. This occurred for a few days and I went to Eden on the Bay trying to get some true images of it. Boy was it a mission, never thought it would be so difficult. Here are some of the ones I thought came out best. I might add these were the best I took, but nothing like it really was. These were taken around 5.45 to about 6.30 pm

Last edited by Dawn on Tue 17 Aug 2010, 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar)
    Dawn

default Re: A Red Sun

Post by Dawn on Mon 16 Aug 2010, 4:34 pm

These two were taken a bit later , and I zoomed in a bit I think?

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Mon 16 Aug 2010, 4:40 pm

This was taken from seaside villiage at Big bay

Another one from EOTB

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Mon 16 Aug 2010, 4:41 pm

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 17 Aug 2010, 10:50 am

What great shots Dawn!! :cool3: :photos: There is certainly plenty of airborne dust or pollution about. We haven't seen such colour in our evening skies since before the dust storms, only with bushfires. All our dust has been blown away. Many thanks for all the effort you went to to get them. :bravo:

Never saw these images all the time I was playing about in APG, yesterday afternoon or evening. They only seemed to appear this morning. Strange. :??: :huh2: They must have been lost in Forumotion's limboland. :sleepy: :whistle:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Tue 17 Aug 2010, 4:41 pm

:thanks: actually I was disaapointed in what images turned out at the end of the day, as it was the most unusual sight. Ahh! never mind we can't win them all can we eh!
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 17 Aug 2010, 5:20 pm

:good: They look all right to me Dawn, but then I wasn't there to see exactly how intense the colours were. :D The Fuji Finepix cameras have the Sunset function which can bring out the best in shots like this.

Did use it for taking rainbow shots, as well but they are never quite as dramatic as they are live. :sad3:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Tue 17 Aug 2010, 5:46 pm

These were taken with the Canon I now have, needless to say it was on Auto.

:roll:

:blush: . DH took some with the Samsung and they were'nt very good either!!. I bet the Fugi would have produced stunning ones,!Unfortunately it had no batteries at the time. I am going to go on a course to teach me how to use these Cameras, as it is a shame that I can't use them properly. :blush:
    I have tried but you know how technically challenged I am :whistle: I feel sorry for who ever gives me the course :lol2:
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 17 Aug 2010, 8:48 pm

:donald: Oh Dawn!! :lol2:

You will probably do better than you think you will. I am very challenged in such areas but have surprised myself (&, probably, others) at what I have managed to pick up. You go grrl!!! :grrl: :dance07: :dance010: :apgch: :good:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 22 Nov 2017, 6:16 am