OUR IMAGES

A Miniature Rose pot

Dawn

default A Miniature Rose pot

Post by Dawn on Fri 30 Jul 2010, 5:02 am

I recieved a Miniature Rose Pot as a gift. It only had one flower on it, but many buds. It wasn't long before they all opened.!

Dawn

default Re: A Miniature Rose pot

Post by Dawn on Fri 30 Jul 2010, 5:03 am

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Fri 30 Jul 2010, 5:04 am

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Fri 30 Jul 2010, 5:04 am

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Fri 30 Jul 2010, 5:06 am

I had to give you all, a 360 degree angle on this one
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Fri 30 Jul 2010, 8:17 am

:lol2: What a gorgeous gift, Dawn. It is so beautiful. :love: Miniatures seem to be such prolific flowerers, too & so hardy. :bravo: Love them. :apgch:

Your's looks very happy where it is. :cool:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Fri 30 Jul 2010, 8:14 pm

Yes isnt it lovely!. I have never bought one for myself as it would need to get sun so has to be outside. My under cover patio has no place to put it as there is only a small table out there and with it being a small plant can't really go onto the floor by itself, so that is why I put it into a hanging basket. I think I will need all sorts of advice from you on it, I do not know when it would need re-potting for example, as it is in a very small pot? there are 4 plants as far as I can see
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Fri 30 Jul 2010, 8:52 pm

Miniature roses, apparently, need plenty of room when in a pot, Dawn. Far more than you would think. If you see a pot that you think should be big enough, choose the next size up. :lol!:

Our Chameleon rose has about 8 plants & it is now in a very large pot. Shall measure it tomorrow when it is light. It is dark right now. :lol: The Fiesta only has two plants & it, too, needs a large container. Both of these plants have remained outside all year round.

Your plants will let you know when they need repotting as they will start to look a bit "seedy" & not so healthy. From what I have read miniatures are very hardy & very forgiving. They can be pruned or repotted (except when it is very hot, of course) at any time of the year.

Our Chameleon desperately needs pruning & I must pluck up the courage to do this. :faint:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Fri 06 Aug 2010, 5:10 am

Thanks for the info Joy! I will watch out for them looking seedy. Yes pruning not my favourite either . I need to psyche myself up for it . Gotta be brave with the shears like this ol Pirate hehehe
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Fri 06 Aug 2010, 8:29 am

:lol2: I still haven't done it but have pulled off some of the worst of the leaves with chloriosis. Must really, really, REALLY do it!! At the moment, my excuse is that I am waiting for it settle into its new container. :whistle:

Just measured the Chameleon's container & it is 36cms x 36cms square on the inside, It is now rather heavy to move around so shall have to get Bruiser to bring it inside so I can stand & prune it.

Here are a couple of handy sites which I must also study. Again. :lol:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hope those work. :apgn: If not, just Google Santa Clarita Valley Rose Society. They have good tips & are based in California so the climate is similar to a certain extent.
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Mon 09 Aug 2010, 6:02 pm

Thanks for these links Joy! it's great to have some guidelines on a thing like pruning
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Mon 09 Aug 2010, 8:37 pm

I had a go at mine yesterday, Dawn. :whistle: They are so small, though. Am hoping the experts are right & that these plants are very forgiving. :apgn:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Mon 09 Aug 2010, 9:07 pm

I feel sure they will be
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Mon 09 Aug 2010, 9:11 pm

Thanks Dawn. They look a wee bit shorn at the moment. Didn't have the heart to strip all the foliage off them, as recommended, though. Did remove as many of the leaves with chloriosis that I could.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 24 Aug 2017, 4:39 pm