OUR IMAGES

My Snowdrops are flowering!

Dawn

default My Snowdrops are flowering!

Post by Dawn on Fri 30 Jul 2010, 4:27 am

These snowdrops that are underpplanted in the Duranta pot have never failed to bloom for three seasons now. I honestly did not expect to even get a second season out of them, as our bulbs don't give a second season here!. Also I seem to neglect the Duranta a bit when time is tight, with watering it that is, as it is a very hardy plant. So I am surprised these have not conked it before now. It was such a pleasant surprise!!!. I recieved these bulbs from a very dear friend for my birthday four years ago.

Dawn

default Re: My Snowdrops are flowering!

Post by Dawn on Fri 30 Jul 2010, 4:27 am

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Fri 30 Jul 2010, 4:28 am

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Fri 30 Jul 2010, 4:28 am

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Fri 30 Jul 2010, 4:29 am

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Fri 30 Jul 2010, 4:34 am

There are about six little bushes flowering. I only had time to snap these few, the rest came up a few days afterwards, but I never took a photo of them I was a bit busy. I love these little flowers to bits. I had tulips come up again but no flower ;-(. Also notice the mosquito . Not surprised with all the rain we have had. But hey who gets mossies in winter only us I reckon
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Fri 30 Jul 2010, 4:53 am

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sat 31 Jul 2010, 9:32 am

They are beautiful, Dawn. :love: I do so love snowdrops but don't think they would do so well here. :sad3: They are the harbingers of spring, aren't they?? :apgch:

What an ideal place to plant them too. They'll have plenty of room to spread. :cool: What is the plant with them??

Took me a few intense studyings, of the pics, to actually find the mozzie. :lol!: Your eyes are better than mine. :whistle:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 22 Oct 2017, 12:00 pm