OUR IMAGES

Orchid flowers

Dawn

default Orchid flowers

Post by Dawn on Tue 01 Jun 2010, 5:33 pm

Some images of my Dendrobium orchid flowers, which opened in April. I am not trying to show you art work on the wall . These flower spikes get so long I had a problem getting them completely into the photo. I eventually moved them out onto the patio to get a clear shot.

Dawn

default Re: Orchid flowers

Post by Dawn on Tue 01 Jun 2010, 5:34 pm

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Tue 01 Jun 2010, 5:36 pm

This is the second Orchid it is a smaller plant so hence the flower spike is smaller with less orchids on. The flower is right in front of one of my Phaleanopsis, so those leaves you see do not belong to the dendrobium here.

Last edited by Dawn on Tue 01 Jun 2010, 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Tue 01 Jun 2010, 5:37 pm

A close up.

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Tue 01 Jun 2010, 5:38 pm

Another close up.

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 01 Jun 2010, 5:40 pm

They are a very beautiful orchid, Dawn. Love 'em. :love: The colour is really striking & I adore it. Marvellous close ups, too. :D

You would not believe just how close your artwork is to a painting we have. They aren't identical but the theme is very similar, even down to the rocks on the left. :lol:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Tue 01 Jun 2010, 5:51 pm

"You would not believe just how close your artwork is to a painting we
    have. They aren't identical but the theme is very similar, even down to
    the rocks on the left. :lol:"

Isn't that coincidental Joy!
    . My Grand mother painted that for us as a wedding present, it was a view out of her front window in Durban. She lived in a block of flats called Myhill Mansions, it overlooked the sea (Indian Ocean). I guess the lovely ocean's have the same face all over the world!
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 01 Jun 2010, 9:48 pm

What a stunning wedding present, Dawn. :love: Your Grandmother was a very talented lady as it is a wonderful painting. Do love such scenes of the ocean, especially just to look at. :lol!: Wouldn't want to be out on seas like the one in the painting we have. Ours doesn't have the wonderful history yours has. Think it was painted by a Hong Kong artist & was still a bit wet when we bought it. At least it is an oil. :roll:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 22 Oct 2017, 11:58 am