OUR IMAGES

Our Autumn Flowers Of May

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

default Re: Our Autumn Flowers Of May

Post by Joy on Wed 02 Jun 2010, 9:54 am

Nearly forgot our old zygo flower. This was a plant we bought when we were still working on the private motor vessel, so we have had it for 22 years. It is now just a mere shadow of its former self but is the fira=st of our zygoes to flower. It is a very soft pink.

The 30th & 31st May.

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Wed 02 Jun 2010, 4:06 pm

Lovely Joy! it was great to see your Adenium again!! . You are lucky to have all these flowers as late as may This Zygo is a lovely delicate colour, so pretty amazing that you have had it for so long, shows what happens when you look after your plants. I met some one in England who used to clean for someone, and she was telling me of all her aquired plants, seems the person she cleaned for, used to buy a pot plant and as soon as it stopped flowering she would throw it out! So she has quite a collection now
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Wed 02 Jun 2010, 9:33 pm

Many people in the US do that, Dawn. Buy plants already flowering & when they finish they just chuck them out. :mad:

The nurseries there encourage this, of course, by selling baskets or containers full of three or four different flowering plants in full bloom. Naturally, they force the plants to bloom at a certain time or, conversely, retard the flowering, so that they present well at the right time. The poor plants are almost worn out by this. I am so glad those acquired plants found a good home, with the lady you met. They needed one. It makes me so cranky when I hear of such things. Plants purely as decor. :x Martha Stewart has a lot to answer for. :mad2: :angry: :cranky:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 22 Oct 2017, 11:59 am