OUR IMAGES

Apollo 10 Command Module

Dawn

default Apollo 10 Command Module

Post by Dawn on Wed 19 May 2010, 8:23 am

While I am still waiting for DH to download my orchid photos.I thought this might be interesting to see, I know was fascinated by it.

It is the Apollo 10 Command module. Which travelled around the moon in 1969. This flight was a dress rehearsal for the Apollo 11 moon landing which followed in the July of that year. This is the information that I wrote down from the Science Museum where it is on display.

Dawn

default Re: Apollo 10 Command Module

Post by Dawn on Wed 19 May 2010, 8:24 am

Inside the module

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Wed 19 May 2010, 8:24 am

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Wed 19 May 2010, 10:01 am

Gosh, that looks so tiny for what it had to do, Dawn. :o Imagine putting your faith, & life, into that tiny machine & trust it to bring you home safely from space. The astronauts, back then, were so brave & obviously believed in the abilities of the NASA scientists.

Another place Bruiser would love to visit, I'd imagine. :D Thanks for these images. :photos:
    Bruce

Post by Bruce on Wed 19 May 2010, 8:51 pm

COOOOOLL Dawn thanks heaps for all your pic's :love: :yacht:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Wed 19 May 2010, 10:31 pm

Joybells wrote:Gosh, that looks so tiny for what it had to do, Dawn. :o Imagine putting your faith, & life, into that tiny machine & trust it to bring you home safely from space. The astronauts, back then, were so brave & obviously believed in the abilities of the NASA scientists.

Another place Bruiser would love to visit, I'd imagine. :D Thanks for these images. :photos:

Yes! astonishingly small Joy!, they were definately very trusting people. I couldn't take my eyes off it when I first saw it to think it was floating in space once!. I was also imagining how claustrophobic I would have felt being in there!. The outer surface of it look almost like leather. I am not too into museum visiting, but the Science museum was wonderful, and we only had time to visit the first floor so next time, if there is another time? we definately want to see the rest.

Thanks Bruiser glad you liked them!
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Thu 20 May 2010, 9:56 am

Guess there would definitely be stuff for Bruiser to see, if we were ever lucky enough to be able to go to England. :smile: The Science Museum does sound like one of the places he would enjoy, Dawn. :good:

Current date/time is Sun 23 Jul 2017, 2:45 pm