F O U N D E R

default Re: Our Local Boat Harbour

Post by Joy on Mon 17 May 2010, 10:14 pm

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Mon 17 May 2010, 10:16 pm

One of the trees in the avenue of beautiful cycads which line the road at the Boat Harbour Reserve. These were all planted by a, now deceased, trawlerman.

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Mon 17 May 2010, 10:19 pm

The prawn trawler Bruiser used to own. This was taken, on the river, as he was heading out to sea for a night of prawn trawling.

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Mon 17 May 2010, 11:20 pm

Quite a handy person being able to build that beautiful trimaran. I bet he has lots of fun on it! .

That Cycad is huge Joy , I have not seen any bigger.

You have lovely boat harbour in Evan's Head.
    Do you and Bruiser miss your boating activities? must be quite nostalgic looking at Bruiser's trawler now. I know it would make me feel that way!

Page one won't load for me, maybe it will just take a bit of time? so hope none of my comments here are out of sync.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 18 May 2010, 8:57 am

What a shame those pics won't load for you, Dawn. Darned temperamental internet. :cranky: No worries about "out of sync" comments. :D

Keith started building the trimaran when his two kids were quite young. By the time he had finished it, they had, basically, left home. :lol: He & his wife are having a lot of fun using it, though it would be a little squeezy for my liking. He can trailer it to wherever he wants to sail it.

While it could be fun to passage on a VERY comfortable boat again, Bruiser does NOT miss trawling at all. It is very uncomfortable & dangerous work & with terrible hours. This is why he still has a very disturbed sleeping pattern. His trawler looks nothing like it did when he had it. Even the name has been changed. It had been Wendy Joan since it was built & named for the builder's wife & daughter. It is, in seafarers' superstition, considered bad luck to change a boat's name. :pirate6: The poor boat was stripped right down & turned into a shark fishing boat. :angry: That owner didn't have much luck with it & sold it. :lol:

default Evans Head

Post by Guest on Sat 11 May 2013, 9:18 am

Lovely pics of Evans Head. My last visit there was for a CWA event in the hall, as a friend was displaying her spinning.
    Jan
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sat 11 May 2013, 9:49 am

Thanks Jan. These pics probably need updating as time hasn't stood still, not even here in sleepy old Evans Head. Even the cycad has grown. The numbers of vessels moored in the harbour also tends to fluctuate with many shown here having left the port since being sold.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 20 Apr 2018, 10:37 pm