OUR IMAGES

Spring In London

Dawn

default Spring In London

Post by Dawn on Fri 07 May 2010, 8:12 pm

Hi I am back! How are you all doing, still trying to get my ears sorted out after the flight . Thank goodnes I dont have to hear you all on here, I would need an ear trumpet

Spring in London was amazing. My first time to see Spring really unfold there, hope you enjoy the photos!
    Dawn

default Re: Spring In London

Post by Dawn on Fri 07 May 2010, 8:13 pm

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Fri 07 May 2010, 8:14 pm

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Fri 07 May 2010, 8:15 pm

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Fri 07 May 2010, 8:16 pm

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Fri 07 May 2010, 8:17 pm

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Fri 07 May 2010, 8:18 pm

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Fri 07 May 2010, 8:19 pm

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Fri 07 May 2010, 8:20 pm

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Fri 07 May 2010, 8:21 pm

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Fri 07 May 2010, 8:22 pm

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Fri 07 May 2010, 8:23 pm

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Fri 07 May 2010, 8:24 pm

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Fri 07 May 2010, 8:25 pm

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Fri 07 May 2010, 8:25 pm

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Fri 07 May 2010, 8:26 pm

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Fri 07 May 2010, 8:28 pm

This was not in London but in Cheltenham in the cotswolds
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Fri 07 May 2010, 8:30 pm

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Fri 07 May 2010, 8:33 pm

This was taken in the lake District
    Bruce

Post by Bruce on Fri 07 May 2010, 8:53 pm

More more please LOL love the Pic's Dawn :love:
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Fri 07 May 2010, 9:06 pm

Oh, these are fantastic images, Dawn!!!! Absolutely beautiful. Thank you for posting them so soon. We forget just how dramatic spring can be in the colder climates. Spring looks, absolutely, nothing like that here, that's for sure. Cannot get over all those gorgeous blossom trees &, of course, the wonderful flower gardens with all those lovely brightly coloured flowers. You would have been spoilt for choice on where to point the camera. Thank goodness for digital cameras with large memory cards, eh Dawn?? :lol:

How could I overlook the beautiful image of Mother Duck & all the baby ducklings. She had quite a handful or wingful. ;) And the swans and the lambs and........ :clap:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Fri 07 May 2010, 9:55 pm

I have loads more Bruiser :-))) here they come

Joy the blossom trees are everywhere, ornamental flowering cherry mostly no one could tell me exactly. Even in the less attractive areas, like industrial sites these trees are everywhere loaded with blossoms. One thing I missed getting photos of were as the leaves start to come out the flowers start to die off, and there is a huge carpet of petals all around the tree, almost as good to see as on the trees.
    You are so right, I wanted to shoot everything. I was becoming unpopular at one point as I was always being waited for, I kept thinking just one more shot that's all or I will be sorry tomorrow I hadn't:-)))). I had to run to catch everyone up all the time.

The Mother duck was sitting on a little island of stone and debris soaking up the sun , she shuffled a bit and suddenly all these little babies came waddling out. It was so cute to see. They scuppered around for a few mins looking for food and then slowly all went back under the wing.

The swans were out in force. I have never seen so many swans in London before this visit. I kept trying to get a shot of two of them making the "heart" with their heads! I think you know what I mean, but was always too slow.

Yes thank goodness for large memory cards. But you know what I forgot my usb cable to download , so had to by a card reader as the cables were so pricey to buy, anyhow, thought I was sorted out. Only to find when we left for the Lake District. I left the reader behind too lucky I didnt leave the camera behind, so now I have two card readers.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Fri 07 May 2010, 10:06 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: It would be so easy to forget such things as your USB cable & card reader. Also, it would be so hard to take ALL the pics you wanted to take when you are with others. I tend to get left behind. :blush2: The main trouble is that you have to take two or three pics of the one thing in case that all-important-never-to-be-seen-again shot is blurred or something. :roll:

We don't have any blossom trees around here as the climate doesn't suit them but did used to see the cherry blossom trees in Wellington NZ when we lived there. Trouble was they always bloomed just before the winds came & blew all the blossoms off. :mad:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Fri 07 May 2010, 10:50 pm

No us neither, we get the New Zealand Christmas tree that flowers here but I think that is in the summer ? not sure havent seen any out for ages now cant be sure I am right on that season. But they are common along our coastline! So it was a real treat for me to see these lovely trees blossoming everywhere. When I started ooohing and aahing over them , the reponses I got were mostly blank stares from locals. I think when you have something you live with on a continual basis they become "just there". I tend to be like that with our beaches, when people say what wonderful long clean beaches we have, its just like * ok yes*

Ok here are a few more
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Fri 07 May 2010, 10:51 pm

Current date/time is Thu 27 Apr 2017, 1:15 pm