OUR IMAGES

Venus fly traps, Pitcher Plants,Sundews Information and growing tips.

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

default Re: Venus fly traps, Pitcher Plants,Sundews Information and growing tips.

Post by Joy on Sun 16 May 2010, 2:03 pm

Thanks for posting these pics, Tyler. Your plants look very healthy with their spring growth coming along. :cool3: Do like seeing them. Are the last two pics of your fruit fly culture??

Posting pics can be quite time consuming. Which method do you use?? The Image or Host An Image?? The latter is a tiny bit complicated, I'm afraid. Took me a little while to work it out so I could write the instructions. :lol: Dawn, Bruiser & I have our pics in Picasa web albums & access them from there using the Image function. That is much simpler.

default Re: Venus fly traps, Pitcher Plants,Sundews Information and growing tips.

Post by Guest on Sun 16 May 2010, 2:12 pm

sure is joy i put names beside the pictures

and you can notice the small plant (THE RED ONE :D) one of the traps has a little green left on it still and the one thats just openin back up is a burgundy color like the akai ryu gets in full sun and the trap thats open just recently opened the new trap and it was completely green and now even the guard hairs are changing to red and in a matter of days i bet they will be a burgundy color like the akai ryu i am pretty sure that it is a akai ryu not only because of the stiff petioles they have its just pretty much fact that it is a Akai Ryu =]

EDIT: infact you can barely even see the trap to the left of the open one because it is so burgundy it almost blends in with the peatmoss/sand mixture
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sun 16 May 2010, 2:30 pm

That is exactly the same flower as my poor little old Venus Fly Traps (have to use the full name occasionally so that the Googlebots will pick it up :whistle:) had. They are really quite big for the size of the plant. No wonder the poor things get worn out growing the rotten things. :mad:

I noticed a couple of plants with the red traps. You seem to have a few different types. Funny, but I used to think there was only the one type of VFT. :blush:

Post by Guest on Mon 17 May 2010, 5:03 pm

there is only one Species of Venus Fly Trap but amany varietys
    i got
    typical
    vigorous
    triffid
    akai ryu
    justina davis (also known as all green)
    the typicals show red inside teh traps mainly and thats due to adequate lighting for them, soon to be alot more i found a nice new site that sells LARGE plants for $10! flytrapcare.com has all information for all carnivorous and a large variety of other plants most definely helpful site ive found so far
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Mon 17 May 2010, 5:10 pm

Thanks for that info, Tyler. It will be very helpful. Need all the help I can get with these things. :lol!: My first one would definitely have been a typical as it would often get red inside its traps. Here is a pic of it before it became microscopic. :D

It has a fly husk in one of its traps.

Post by Guest on Tue 18 May 2010, 3:57 am

hehe yeah thats a total typical =]
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 18 May 2010, 7:32 am

Thought so. Of course, it doesn't look anything like that now. :lol: :whistle:
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sat 22 May 2010, 9:20 pm

:hi: How are your plants going, Tyler?? Do hope they are well into spring mode & growing fast. :D Also, how is the fruit fly breeding "farm" faring?? You should be on to the fifth generation by now, or even the sixth. :excited:

Post by Guest on Sun 23 May 2010, 10:38 pm

Joybells wrote::hi: How are your plants going, Tyler?? Do hope they are well into spring mode & growing fast. :D Also, how is the fruit fly breeding "farm" faring?? You should be on to the fifth generation by now, or even the sixth. :excited:

yeah there in spring mode locked and loaded to grow till winter comes
    i would be on my fifth generation if i had testtubes D:

been out fishing alot lately
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Mon 24 May 2010, 8:32 am

That's good, Tyler. Let's hope that they manage to lure, & trap, any dimwitted fly that lazily flies into your home, this summer. :good:

Do hope you caught plenty of fish. :smile: Do you fish salt or freshwater?? It is all saltwater fishing here.

Post by Guest on Sat 29 May 2010, 11:07 pm

we can only freshwater fish here i think :o

it sucks cause i wanna go deep sea fishing for marlin and tuna D:

but im stuck here catching catfish all night

one of my plants are starting to grow a baby plant =]

found a nursery nearby with a greenhouse full of carnivorous hopefully going to get some new babies =]
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sun 30 May 2010, 8:28 am

:hi: Tyler!! Congratulations on the new baby!!! :cheers: Guess that makes you a Granddaddy. :whistle:

Hope you managed to catch a good feed of fish. :good: Haven't eaten catfish as the ones we have here are very different to the type you have. They are small with poisonous barbs. Not good to handle. :mad: Bruiser used to drive an offshore gamefishing boat. We would go out every Sunday, for about six or so months of the year so the owner & his friends could try & catch big sharks, tuna & marlin. They were trying for record breaking fish, etc. :roll:

You are gunna need a bigger house to put all these new plants in. :lol: I know I need more room. :smile:

Post by Guest on Tue 01 Jun 2010, 12:07 am

i know im waiting on an approval so i can get mai greenhouse.

i got 2 new plants for $45
    one is a pitcher plant no telling what type but its 3 plants in 1
    and i now have the carnivorous plant of asia, the Nepenthe !!!!!!!

YES ive been waiting for one and now its teh minez! >:)
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 01 Jun 2010, 8:24 am

Excellent news, Tyler!!! :cool: :excited: :cool3: :apgch: :clap: :apgw: :good: :smile:

Hope you get approval for your greenhouse real soon, so you will be able to house even more carnivores. ;)

My two new Fangs seem to have settled into their new pots & are ready for winter. Today is, officially, the first day of our winter. :cold:

Post by Guest on Wed 02 Jun 2010, 1:07 am

thats my little vigorous
    upward view
    new plantlet growing out of the rhizome
    new pitcher plant =]
    one of the typicals
    NEPENTHE!!! <3
    nepenthe

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr winter joy D:
    wish your fangs the best of luck =]
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Wed 02 Jun 2010, 9:48 am

:lol2: Just as well it doesn't get toooooooo :cold: here. At the moment I am still in partial summer clobber. :whistle:

Your new pitcher plant & nepenthe are beauties, Tyler. Love the way the pitchers form at the ends of the leaves on the nepenthe. The pitcher plant is a terrific colour & should attract the flies. :D The other VFTs are looking really good & ready for summer. :good:

Post by Guest on Thu 03 Jun 2010, 2:07 am

hehe should consider your self lucky :D

some of them are going to skip a dormancy this year but some of them are gonna get one =]
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Thu 03 Jun 2010, 11:36 am

Am wearing sweats at the moment but feel a bit warm. :whistle:

Think my new Venus Fly Traps aren't going into a proper dormancy this winter. Won't be cold enough, I don't think. Had a flood on the back patio this morning, after storm weather, but they look ok.

Post by Guest on Fri 04 Jun 2010, 2:39 am

Joybells wrote:Am wearing sweats at the moment but feel a bit warm. :whistle:

Think my new Venus Fly Traps aren't going into a proper dormancy this winter. Won't be cold enough, I don't think. Had a flood on the back patio this morning, after storm weather, but they look ok.
    aww =[ poor fellas

if its going to rain i learned to move my sundew out of it they seem to get beat down by them
    this past week was scheduled to rain everyday and it almost did i got 10 gallons of rain water though =]
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Fri 04 Jun 2010, 7:43 am

My word, that is a good harvest of rainwater you got, Tyler. :good: My plants aren't actually out in the rain as they are under the upstairs' unit's landing. We used to be able to put buckets out & get heaps of rainwater but the guttering was replaced so now we don't get much. :lol: Would have gotten plenty yesterday, though, if we needed it. Luckily, Bruiser's brother has a rainwater tank so we get our water, for our sensitive plants, from him.

Post by Guest on Thu 10 Jun 2010, 10:35 pm

awesome i just ordered a bunch of new plants
    Venus fly traps
    big jaws
    cupped trap
    sawtooth
    pink venus

also another nepenthe which i forgot the name of :D

and awesome im going to get a rainwater tank, eventually money budgets suck :(
    also got a 6 diffrent variety bundle of carnivorous for $15 im prolly going to get like 1 of those also
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Fri 11 Jun 2010, 9:37 am

My word, Tyler, you are going to have a gazillion carnivores at this rate. :lol2: Your new plants sound really interesting. Never realised there were so many different types of Venus Fly Traps. Wonderful. :cool3: Did know there were plenty of different sarracenias & nepenthes but thought VFTs were all the same. :blush:

A rainwater tank would be great for you to have, when you can manage it, & would save you getting wet when you have to put buckets out when it rains. :whistle: People,here, are being encouraged to put in tanks for their garden or laundry usage. But they aren't cheap. :roll:

Post by Guest on Tue 15 Jun 2010, 8:15 am

there here there here
    Bruce

Post by Bruce on Tue 15 Jun 2010, 8:20 am

pic's pic's
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 15 Jun 2010, 8:26 am

Excellent news,Tyler. :cool3: Hope they are in good condition. You'll have you hands full looking after all your new "babies". :lol2:
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 22 Jun 2010, 11:12 am

How are your "babies", Tyler??? Hope your fruit fly "farm" is thriving, also. :luck:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 24 Aug 2017, 4:45 pm