OUR IMAGES

Bluey ~ A Blue Tongue Lizard

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

default Bluey ~ A Blue Tongue Lizard

Post by Joy on Thu 18 Feb 2010, 11:31 am

Blue tongue lizards are just that, they have a terrific blue tongue. They are the largest member of the skink family & are a wonderful garden inhabitant as they eat such garden nasties as slugs & snails. This, very brief, mvie was taken of one which was on our front patio. Managed to get a few seconds before it waddled into the ferns in the small garden beside the patio. This one was a medium sized one. Haven't seen it since.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Glad E Olah

default Re: Bluey ~ A Blue Tongue Lizard

Post by Glad E Olah on Sun 27 Mar 2011, 3:01 pm

Kinda frightened me.

Will they bite?
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sun 27 Mar 2011, 3:13 pm

Most definitely, they do not bite, Glad. They are the best friend a gardener can have as they eat the destructive slugs & snails. Bruiser saw a large one a few days ago travelling on the same path this fella is taking. Hope it is the same one. They are great critters.
    Bruce

Post by Bruce on Mon 28 Mar 2011, 5:14 am

No Glad they are big docile pussy's lol, you can just pick them up if you are quick enough :smile:
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Thu 07 Apr 2011, 2:36 am

Interesting.

Glad they don't bite but they look scary to me.

I saw a lizard on my front walk and it was so fast I did not have time to be frightened! And it was not nearly as big as this one!

Current date/time is Thu 27 Apr 2017, 1:15 pm