OUR IMAGES

Miniature Roses

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

default Miniature Roses

Post by Joy on Sun 20 Dec 2009, 10:01 pm

Our miniature Chameleon roses are fascinating with all their colour changes as each flower ages from bud to the end of a flower's life. During our summer these changes were from apricot to pink to off-white. They were, originally, various shades of pink, so it was a surprise to see them flower in a shade of apricot.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Last edited by Joy on Sun 17 Oct 2010, 10:59 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Replace the video with a new version)
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

default Re: Miniature Roses

Post by Joy on Sun 20 Dec 2009, 10:05 pm

Our miniature Chameleon roses continued to flower, prolifically, right through autumn & winter, despite being battered by severe storms & some flooding in autumn. The colours of the Chameleon changed to shades of pink (though not the same as the original) early in winter, then returned to the apricot/pink shades cycle. They have been joined by some new friends, a Fiesta miniature. It is the most wonderful true deep rose in colour, which, unfortunately, does not show in pics. It, too has been flowering right through autumn & winter, though, not as prolifically as the Chameleon. They both took a short breather for the start of spring then started flowering again.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Last edited by Joybells on Fri 10 Sep 2010, 9:29 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Replaced the video with a new version.)
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Sun 20 Dec 2009, 10:39 pm

That was beautiful . I think the romantic music went so well, with this video . Great rose bowl you made there too,Joy! Lucky you! You get so many blooms!! so rewarding!
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sun 20 Dec 2009, 10:48 pm

Thanks, Dawn. Thought I should post these videos after telling you that I thought I had some here. When I looked there weren't any!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Had been meaning to post some. The music for the Miniature Roses Of Summer was Rumba Flamenca by Koch & the Autumn/Winter one was Schubert's Serenade.

Oh, the rose bowl was just a "short" glass, Dawn. That is how small they are. ;) Cut them after we had had all that torrential rain earlier this year. They were drooping way down with the weight of the water.
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Mon 21 Dec 2009, 12:34 am

Thanks for the music info. Shh don't tell anyone it was a glass it looks just like a rose bowl full of roses
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

default Miniature Roses

Post by Joy on Mon 21 Dec 2009, 9:26 pm

The way the Chameleon miniature roses have been flowering at the moment, it would have filled a rose bowl. Some stems have had nine or ten flowers on them. It has been fabulous.
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Fri 20 Sep 2013, 3:36 pm

Wow the pale orange is beautiful!  Kinda reminds me of the color of those popsicles you eat that have a mixture of orange sherbert and vanilla ice cream mixed together.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Fri 20 Sep 2013, 4:05 pm

They are beautiful, Glad & the apricot shading which pales as it ages does look as you described. The strange thing, also, is that the Chameleon miniature roses are varying shades of pink during winter with the decidedly different shades of apricot during the warmer months. :lol3:

Current date/time is Thu 27 Apr 2017, 1:17 pm