OUR IMAGES

Carpet Roses

default Re: Carpet Roses

Post by Guest on Wed 11 Apr 2012, 11:56 am

Hi! I'm new here.
    The carpet rose was the first rose I ever tried. It's an apple blossom rose that I planted 4 years ago in a wooden bucket. I got it in memory of a friend's grandson who was born with a hole in his heart. His name was Rudy (that's what I call my rose). Unfortunately, he didn't make it, but that rose lives on in his memory. After 2 years, when they came to put the fencing up, I had to move it. I went to pick up the bucket and it had grown through the bucket and the roots were in the ground. :O I moved it into a space in the ground and it's doing great now. I prune it twice a year.

Bruce

Post by Bruce on Wed 11 Apr 2012, 1:51 pm

Rudy looks stunning too :smile:
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Wed 11 Apr 2012, 1:56 pm

Hi marytaz. :D Your carpet rose is beautiful & I love that soft shade of pink. So pleased for you, that it survived the move so well. Roses are much tougher than we realise, I do believe. It is a worthy memorial to your friend's grandson.

My two roses are miniatures & I was scared stiff of them at first, thinking that they would drop dead if I did the slightest thing that was wrong. :lol3: They have proved to be such a wonderful plant, I am so pleased we have them.

Many thanks for showing us your lovely & very healthy looking carpet rose.
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Wed 11 Apr 2012, 3:52 pm

That is a beautiful carpet rose mary, I am sure it loves being the ground now :good: .Thanks for showing us :photos:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 20 Aug 2017, 2:44 am