OUR IMAGES

How's Your Weather Going???

Dawn

default Re: How's Your Weather Going???

Post by Dawn on Fri 01 Nov 2013, 5:28 pm

:sorry2: to hear that Joy ! I do hope you feel better soon :hug: 

... it has been raining on and off here as well. Temps have dropped a bit over the last few days. I am not moaning though the wind has stopped that is the good news :cool3:

Post by Guest on Fri 01 Nov 2013, 7:24 pm

Sorry to hear you are a bit below par Joy, hope you recover soon and are up and running again.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sat 02 Nov 2013, 8:32 am

Thanks Dawn & BigBilly. :D Pleased to be out of hospital although the health professionals were great. :yes:  Slowly getting back to reasonable normality with Bruiser's wonderful assistance. :lol3: 

The weather here is beautiful with clear sunny skies & will be warm (it's still early am here). Apparently, the average daily temp for our town for this October was 28°C (83°F) which is a record for a spring month. Getting warmer.

Post by Guest on Mon 13 Jan 2014, 2:41 am

At last a break from the rain.Two days dry weather but a sharp frost last night.More rain forecast though to add to the very bad floods in the county.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Mon 13 Jan 2014, 7:33 am

Hi BigBilly.  :D  Your weather does sound wet & miserable at the moment. Have seen images of the flooding in the UK on our TV news bulletins. Nothing worse than being both cold & wet. Do hope things will dry out very soon.

Meanwhile, down here in Oz, much of the country is in the midst of a heatwave, with temps in the 40s°++C = 100°+++F, as well as drought conditions. Where we live we are lucky to be still having good summer weather with no heatwave as yet.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Fri 17 Jan 2014, 2:35 pm

Much of Australia is currently suffering from a nasty heatwave with Adelaide in South Australia becoming the hottest city on the planet, on that day, with a temp of 44°C or 113°F. Also, play in the Australian Open tennis Grand Slam tournament had to be suspended for a while yesterday due to the temps being in the 40s°C.  :hot!: 

Several states are experiencing devastating fires or are on alert. This is a really hot summer we are having. Luckily for us, so far we have escaped the worst of the hot days with our temps being a more moderate high 20s°C or 80s°F. Still we may yet get the very high temps. It is hotter inland & the ocean keeps us a wee bit cooler.  :sun:  :cool4:

Post by Guest on Mon 27 Jan 2014, 7:55 pm

Over 6 inches of rain so far this month, puddles everywhere on the garden, but sharp frost this morning with a sprinkling of snow.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 28 Jan 2014, 10:52 am

That would be a good amount of rain for us at the moment, BigBilly but for you I guess it would just make everything soggy. Sounds cold with the frost & snow.  :cold: 

Cyclone forming way up in north Queensland, a fair distance from us (about 1600kms - 1000 miles) but will cause us to have big seas & swells. Might get some rain from it if it travels down the coast.

Post by Guest on Sun 02 Feb 2014, 8:00 am

Rainfall for January in the garden 8.6 inches .  Garden is like a marsh.  More forecast.

Am starting seeds in the greenhouses.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sun 02 Feb 2014, 8:38 am

Send us some of that rain, BigBilly. We need it. Trouble is, when we get decent rain it comes down in a deluge such as that which happened with the most recent cyclone Dylan up north. Have had 6-8ins in one day where we live, but because our area is sandy with an aquifer underneath the rainwater drains away fairly quickly. Do hope your garden becomes less swampy soon.

Your seeds will do well in your greenhouses, BB. Great investment.  :D
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Fri 14 Feb 2014, 2:31 pm

Our weather today is dull & overcast but very warm with humidity at 70%. Feels worse than that as the light breeze is a NNE seabreeze which brings in the salt air & the warmth of the northerly regions.

We travelled to Queensland yesterday & it was hazy, everywhere you looked in the distance, for the entire trip. Didn't smell smoky but that doesn't mean anything.
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Thu 06 Mar 2014, 3:36 pm

We just had another blast of sleet, ice and snow over the past weekend.  I have been in this house since Saturday and going crazy.  Should be able to get out tomorrow for we were above freezing today and expected to be the same tomorrow.  I am ready for our spring time!
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Thu 06 Mar 2014, 3:53 pm

That certainly is nasty weather, Glad. I'll bet you are looking forward to getting out & about. Do hope your spring weather arrives soon.  :D
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 27 May 2014, 2:00 pm

We are currently having a long unseasonably warm spell of  autumn weather. It is also very dry.The weather during the day is like a mild summer with temps in the mid 20s°C (77°F) but with cooler nights. Hard to think that it is four days to winter, especially as I am still wearing summer clothes.
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Sun 15 Jun 2014, 7:57 pm

I heard from my daughter a few days ago she sent me photos. Cape Town has been having a severe winter spell. It has always been quite cool at times there in winter, but looks like we missed a baddy this year. These were taken on the slopes of Devil's Peak which is the Eastern slopes of Table Mountain. This is snow not hail ! 

granny

Post by granny on Mon 16 Jun 2014, 4:48 am

:goodone: Nice snow picture from your daughter!   :cold: It looks so cold. :wow: 
    Granny
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Mon 16 Jun 2014, 5:17 am

Thank you Granny, yes very Cold  :cold: for CT but snow on the mountains is most years in the Cape, just not always as close as on Table Mountain. :)
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Mon 16 Jun 2014, 9:14 am

Our weather is a little cooler too, Dawn, but not THAT cold.  :lol2:  Think they are finally getting some snow down in the snow country, of the Snowy Mountains, after the the ski season opened with absolutely no snow whatsoever. Wasn't even cold enough then to make snow.  :lol3:
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sat 28 Jun 2014, 2:23 pm

Today we returned to summer with a very warm northerly breeze bringing warm air down from the tropics. ATM (2.15pm) it is 26°C or 78°F with a low (for our climate) humidity of 42%.  

It would have been a top day to wash blankets & doonas. They would have dried outside in no time at all. Thing was I wanted to have a day off laundry & it was too late by the time I realised what a great drying weather it was.  :laugh:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Sat 28 Jun 2014, 7:59 pm

that is a good temp for winter Joy !  :) . My thermo reads 24 degree C in the conservatory, which is 2 degrees lower than you and we are in Summer now....it is a pleasant day here ! I hear your dilemma about realising it is too late for " a good day for drying all the heavy items" . I am sure you will get another opportunity :D , knowing your weather a little now from the logs you keep. 
    Had breakfast while watching a Starling feed her baby some grated cheese  :good: . Thks to BB for that piece of info. Talking about good weather I am washing too as John has to go back next week for another three days. Hope it does not go overcast before I can get it out for an hour or so ! have a lovely day or evening where ever you are right now? BFN xx
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sun 29 Jun 2014, 3:03 pm

Yes it was a great day for winter, Dawn but today we are back to the cooler weather as the wind has swung slightly to the west which makes a big difference in the temps. It is now a NW wind which is not as cold as a westerly but colder than a northerly. :lol3:   Still lovely with a lear bright blue sky & no clouds.

Do hope you were able to get your washing dry.  :D 

The servers for this forum have been dreadfully slow atm with the dreadful white screens appearing for everything I try to do. Do hope it improves soon but as it is the weekend in France we may have to wait until tomorrow arvo to see any improvement. Many complaints on Forumotions Forum for the Forums.  :lol2:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Tue 21 Oct 2014, 7:09 am

Hi there everyone ! thought I would just pop in and give you our weather forecast for tomorrow :) not a good one, but seeing as they had a pic of Folkestone Harbour Wall it might be a little entertaining post ! I have been too busy to get out to take any pics lately apart from sweeping up leaves in case they block up the drains around the house, there has been much mundane stuff going on. I look forward to just being able to come and chat with you all. I planted a three kg bags of Daffodil bulbs, under the front window as there is nothing much in that bed at all. I still have another bag to plant at the back. The ground is very hard lots of clay here it seems. My neighbour tells me it is hard due to the fact that it is the old WW2 airfield we now live on. John bless his soul spent Sunday loosening all the soil so as I could plant and then ended up planting half as well. What a lovely man he is. In spring it should look good, Daffs seem to grow everywhere even on the roadsides so I am in high hopes. 

Folkestone weather for tomorrow
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 21 Oct 2014, 10:32 am

Not very good weather forecast for your region, Dawn. Definitely best to stay indoors it would seem. 

Your daffodils will look fantastic next spring & will be worth all the "ground-breaking" effort John put in to loosen the solid soil. Sounds as though a jackhammer would have been a good idea.  :lol2:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Tue 21 Oct 2014, 8:32 pm

Thanks Joy ! Yes that's it,  we need a jack hammer haha! I hope the Daffs come up ! they are supposed to be under about 15 cms but I reckon we only managed to bury them about 7cms, as any further down seemed to be just stone or rock or what some say is old railway sleepers ? your BWI are looking great !
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Wed 22 Oct 2014, 7:39 am

Thanks Dawn. The Brazilian Walking irises (& the echinopsis seminudus) are our spring flowers.  :lol3:Our council planted some spring bulbs in one of the median strip gardens this year & it was lovely to see daffodils, ranunculas, etc flowering. They were unusual for here & were very colourful. 

That is a shame about what lies beneath your skimpy topsoil. You may have to plant an Aussie garden as our natives are used to growing in such conditions.  :giggle:  Hopefully, one of the reasons the daffs are recommended to be planted so deep is to stop them from being frozen solid over winter by long-lasting heavy snow, so yours could be aok.  :luck: :sun:
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Wed 22 Oct 2014, 11:29 am

Be careful Dawn and stay safe.  We are thinking of you around the world wide web.

Current date/time is Sat 22 Jul 2017, 12:37 pm