OUR IMAGES

How's Your Weather Going???

default Re: How's Your Weather Going???

Post by Guest on Mon 20 May 2013, 4:25 pm

Yes we well and truly saw the mackerel sky as Barry cleaned out a friend's gutters, (instead of our usual Monday morning music session) and we were outside for a couple of hours. We asked what she was doing with the matter, and she said "Throwing it out", so we said "We'll have it" and the proceeds were about four medium sized bags of beautiful compost, the result of a full grown pine tree and others shedding into the gutters.

Post by Guest on Tue 21 May 2013, 5:47 am

Still well below average temps here with the occasional frost,but the trees are getting
    greener every day.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 21 May 2013, 7:04 am

Sorry about your still below average temps, BigBilly. Do hope it will warm up for you very soon but am pleased the trees are taking this in their stride & are doing what they should be doing. :D
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 21 May 2013, 2:45 pm

Jandante wrote:Yes we well and truly saw the mackerel sky as Barry cleaned out a friend's gutters, (instead of our usual Monday morning music session) and we were outside for a couple of hours. We asked what she was doing with the matter, and she said "Throwing it out", so we said "We'll have it" and the proceeds were about four medium sized bags of beautiful compost, the result of a full grown pine tree and others shedding into the gutters.

That was a great score, Jan. Your garden will love it & I'll bet your friend was happy to have her gutters cleaned out, too. It is amazing just how much leaf litter can accumulate in them.

The mackerel sky did look beautiful. We do not see them very often though. It is my favourite after a totally clear sky, of course.

Have relocated your image to the "How's Your Weather Going?" topic so it doesn't get lost in amongst all my daily weather shots. :D
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Wed 10 Jul 2013, 3:44 pm

Today is a dull, dismal & very damp day with frequent showers. It is very cold for us with a maximum of 15°C or 59°F. We aren't used to such temps even though it is winter. :cold:
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sat 10 Aug 2013, 2:22 pm

We seem to be enjoying some of our normal winter weather pattern at the moment. The weather has been sunny with clear skies & no sign of rain. Nights are cool with frosts further inland (luckily, we don't have them :D ) due to the lack of cloud cover but the days are reasonably warm. :good: 

All in all, not bad for winter. :bravo:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Thu 15 Aug 2013, 7:24 pm

We are into a very cold spell now. Our solar heater situated on the rooftop of the house registered 1 degree C, and most mornings we have had temps like this,  although 1 Deg C is the lowest to date for the early morning. The mountains have had snow, and the wind chill is freezing. For three days now we have had non stop rain coming down in literal buckets. We have in the last three weeks had the outside and inside of our house painted and the roof tiles high pressure cleaned. We just made it in time, as this weather arrived soon after. It was :cold: as we had to have all the doors and windows open from 8am until 6pm,  because the paint they used for the doors was so strong smelling.  :D.  Glad to say it is now all done, and warm again inside.  It is 10 degrees inside the house right now, with no heating on according to my thermometer. There is no nail to hang it on the Patio any more. Have a wonderful day :)
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Fri 16 Aug 2013, 7:34 am

Oh, boy oh boy, Dawn, that sure is cold. :o :cold: Our very lowest temp this winter was 5.9°C back in June but over this winter we have averaged minimums of 10°C-12°C with maximums around 18°C-22°C although a few days ago we got to 30°C!!! :hot!: 

You were so fortunate in that the repainting, etc of your home was finished before the wintery weather arrived in full force. Don't know how I would have handled the paint smell though. :O :lol2:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Fri 16 Aug 2013, 4:04 pm

The paint smell wasn't too bad Joy, with the windows and doors open. By the evening when we shut up most of it had gone. But I was sitting in the study when they did the frames of the study door and the tears were running down my face. I had to brave the cold and go and stand outside. I now no what it is like to be High and Cold at the same time hehehe :D
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Fri 16 Aug 2013, 5:53 pm

Over the past few years I have become extremely sensitive to smells & have trouble breathing with some particularly strong ones. Paint smells would cause me to leave the place completely or they would have to use odourless paints. :shock: 

So very glad you survived it all, Dawn & no doubt your home is looking fabulous.  :yes: :smile:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Fri 16 Aug 2013, 6:32 pm

Yes thanks the house is looking very nice now. It was stupid of us to do it around this time. next time a summer project for sure, although that will be a long time coming round again. So expensive to do.  I feel like you do with smells and the difficulty breathing when it comes to vehicle exhaust fumes. I always have to shut off the vents that feed air from the outside when I am in the car behind trucks or any traffic actually. I feel really suffocated if I don't ! So yes I appreciate what you are saying !!
    Have a good day Joy !:hello:
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sat 17 Aug 2013, 7:24 am

We are lucky here, Dawn, as for some reason we don't seem to constantly get such fumes from traffic. Perhaps that's because Bruiser tends to leave the aircon on recycle. :lol3:  Occasionally we get a whiff of some vehicle's exhaust. It is everything else that smells that I have a major problem with. From laundry & dishwashing detergents right through to cosmetics, handwash gels, soaps, moisturisers & perfumes. Fortunately, natural fragrances such as that from flowers are ok.  :smile: 

Rain is forecast for today but it is sunny first thing this morning. Do hope the rain stays away as we have an outdoor event to attend later this morning. Will take both umbrellas though, just in case. :rain2: :lol:
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Sat 31 Aug 2013, 3:15 am

Very hot here but that is typical of late August.  We had a cool spell the first couple of weeks in August and it really spoiled me.

I am sitting in front of the computer visiting sites today.  Too hot for outdoor activity until late afternoon.  Then I will get to pick what is in the garden then water.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sat 31 Aug 2013, 1:49 pm

Ah, summer is still with you, eh, Glad. It is always a good idea, they tell us here, to water your garden in the late afternoon, early evening (when mosquitoes bite unfortunately :lol3: ) so that does sound like a good plan. 

We have been having a spell of beautiful weather, with sunny clear skies, lately, which is typical of our normal winter. Very warm though.
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Fri 13 Sep 2013, 1:50 pm

Finally it is cooling down some.  Garden is done and fall garden has been hurt with the heat.  At least I tried. 

I am ready for fall and a big pot of home made soup with my garden veggies.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Fri 13 Sep 2013, 2:08 pm

The soup sounds good, Glad. :yes:   Gardens to tend to look a bit tired after the heat & heavy growing of summer. 

Even though we really don't have obvious seasons as it just gets a bit colder in winter & hotter in summer, we are having a spring flush of new growth happening at the moment. It is especially noticeable with Northern Hemisphere trees although some natives are showing new tip leaf growth too, as well as flowers.
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Sun 06 Oct 2013, 2:20 pm

Rained this afternoon so I worked a few hours in the photobucket issue. I sure will be glad when I am done.

Weather man says it will turn colder in a few days.....heater and jacket type weather. The leaves will begin to turn then.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sun 06 Oct 2013, 2:31 pm

It does sound as though autumn has arrived for you, Glad. 

We are having some beautiful weather.
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Sun 06 Oct 2013, 4:49 pm

The window is open here by the computer and the air is crisp and clean after the rain. It is almost 1 am so I am off for a good night's sleep
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sun 06 Oct 2013, 5:24 pm

Do hope you had a good night's sleep, Glad. Today is our change over to summer time so we are having a 23hr day. :lol3:
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Thu 10 Oct 2013, 4:32 pm

Stinking hot today. Will be one of the hottest spring days on record.  :hot!: Luckily we had to drive up to Queensland & back so the cooler car was welcome. Reached at least 35°C or 95°F with humidity currently 26%, very low for us. Zaps received just when touching a tap. :lol:

Post by Guest on Tue 29 Oct 2013, 8:14 am

Wet month so far, over 8 inches of rain.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 29 Oct 2013, 8:17 am

Looks as though you have had all our rain, BigBilly. It continues to be very dry here. Even when rain does happen it isn't much. 

Do hope the storm named St Jude doesn't affect you badly, BB.

Post by Guest on Tue 29 Oct 2013, 7:51 pm

Didn't get the worst of the storm Joy, it was more to the south of us but still had high winds and lots of rain.  No damage thankfully.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Fri 01 Nov 2013, 2:57 pm

That is wonderful to hear, BigBilly. Sorry for the delay in responding but I have been in hospital for the past few days. Came home a couple of hours ago & slowly settling back in to the routine. Still have to take things easy especially as I'm not full of pep atm. :lol3: 

Believe a very cold spell has arrived in the south of England. Do hope you missed that also.
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Fri 01 Nov 2013, 5:28 pm

:sorry2: to hear that Joy ! I do hope you feel better soon :hug: 

... it has been raining on and off here as well. Temps have dropped a bit over the last few days. I am not moaning though the wind has stopped that is the good news :cool3:

Current date/time is Thu 27 Jul 2017, 2:38 pm