OUR IMAGES

How's Your Weather Going???

Bruce

default Re: How's Your Weather Going???

Post by Bruce on Mon 21 Jan 2013, 6:26 am

I couldn't agree more BB, who in there right mind wants that stuff I don't even like frost all to hard for me, I've no idea how you guys manage all the problems it throws at you. :good:

Post by Guest on Wed 23 Jan 2013, 11:10 pm

Another 5 inches of snow overnight. Snow plough round this morning for the first time, but very icy underneath. 17 blackbirds at the feed area today as well as many other birds.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Thu 24 Jan 2013, 6:53 am

Oh dear, BigBilly, that doesn't sound like good driving weather, all that ice. The birds will be very happy to have your feeders to help them through this sort of weather.

How are you at the moment, BB? Still recuperating ok?? :)

Post by Guest on Thu 24 Jan 2013, 9:16 am

Yes thank you Joy, I seem to be getting on quite well. Have had all the staples out and am getting around the house on two sticks, can't get far outside as we have about 7 inches of snow. Big load on the wife as she is having to look after the chickens until I'm fit enough to do it again, but ive been busy the last two days, helping her make marmalade.
    I'll be glad when the snow has gone and things get a bit easier.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Thu 24 Jan 2013, 9:21 am

So very glad to hear this, BigBilly. :good: It would be too dangerous for you to go out in the snow with the risk of falling, etc. At least you can do stuff indoors to help out which is good. An extra pair of hands in making the marmalade would not go amiss. :D

Post by Guest on Sat 26 Jan 2013, 8:57 pm

First sign of thaw, rain overnight and really bright sunshine this morning.
    But still 5 or 6 inches of snow.

Still making progress after my op, getting round the house mainly without sticks now but need to sit down regularly.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sun 27 Jan 2013, 7:24 am

This is good to hear on all counts, BigBilly. Apart from the remaining snow that is.

We are now feeling the early effects of ex-cyclone Oswald as it travels down the coast. Heavy rain at the moment but Central & SE Qld are experiencing tornadoes (unheard of normally) as well as flooding rain. Hope we don't get them. Flooding rains will be bad enough.

Post by Guest on Mon 28 Jan 2013, 4:24 am

Winter pic's taken in and from the garden.

Opened the curtains this morning and believe it or not all the snow has gone.
    Temps now well above freezing

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Mon 28 Jan 2013, 10:41 am

What awesome pictures, BigBilly. They are fantastic. I know snow means it is very cold & that we shall never, ever, have it here but it looks so beautiful. Thanks for posting them & am so glad you were able to overcome the problems you were having. Happy for you that the weather has warmed up.

Meanwhile we are having really wild weather & some of my patio plants are getting knocked around but at least we haven't had any tornadoes like elsewhere. A neighbour lost part of his roof with rain pouring down. Must have been fun for them.
    Bruce

Post by Bruce on Mon 28 Jan 2013, 8:39 pm

Great pic's BB, a little cold for me but lol
    Glad things are on the up for you good stuff :smile:
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 26 Feb 2013, 2:58 pm

The rain continues. We drove to Lismore yesterday, usually a drive of about 45kms, but were forced to take a roundabout route as there was deep water across the road near Wyrallah not far from Lismore.

When we were returning home, as we knew the Wyrallah road was closed, we went via Coraki & were nearly through that village when we came upon another "Road Closed Flood" sign. Had to turn around, cross a bridge & travel around the river through the countryside. Luckily it was picturesque. It would not have taken much more water for the river to cover the road as it was already above its banks & was close to the road.

Made it home safe & sound eventually. It made for a very interesting drive, though. :smile:

Post by Guest on Tue 12 Mar 2013, 10:19 pm

Back to winter with a bang, snow overnight, minus 5 with the bitter east wind, equivelant to wind chill of minus 12. The only consolation is its a beautiful sunny day.
    Bruce

Post by Bruce on Tue 12 Mar 2013, 10:40 pm

golly BB, I thought you were in spring lol
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Sun 31 Mar 2013, 2:06 am

Warming up a tad thank goodness. Radishes, spinach and lettuce are planted. Also potatoes.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sun 31 Mar 2013, 7:56 am

Excellent, Glad. Pleased to hear your spring has sprung as we say. :lol3:

Post by Guest on Fri 03 May 2013, 5:25 pm

Having a good spell of dry sunny weather but the nights are still below freezing at times.

At least we are able to get out in the garden and get started with the work
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Fri 03 May 2013, 5:39 pm

That is good to hear, BigBilly. You would not be worried by the cold nights with your wonderful home keeping you snug & warm, I'd imagine. :D The plants might feel it though. :lol3:

Post by Guest on Fri 03 May 2013, 5:50 pm

At least with the sunny days the central heating is only on in the evenings Joy, but by the end of the month hope to have it off for the summer.
    Its oil fired and like burning money.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sat 04 May 2013, 8:44 am

That would be right BigBilly, especially with the price oil is in the UK. Thought our oil/petrol costs were high but have heard these are much more expensive for you. Rug up. :lol3:

Post by Guest on Sat 11 May 2013, 9:03 am

Hi Joy, looks like we live in same region. Poured here yesterday afternoon and overnight, and cloudy today.
    Jan
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sat 11 May 2013, 9:30 am

Welcome, Jandante, to APG. Yes, it does sound as though we do. Today it is cloudy with intermittent showers which are coming in off the ocean & starting to cool things down. Worse luck.

Post by Guest on Sat 11 May 2013, 9:42 am

Hi Joy, Thanks for the Welcome. I'm usually outside early, but caught up on your site this morning..... Hubby is out with the hens, which we have only had a few weeks, and it is a very grey day.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sat 11 May 2013, 9:56 am

Do hope the sun will return very soon. Think we have had enough rain for the moment here on the coast.

Forgot to mention, Jan, I do like your avatar. They are such beautiful flowers.

Post by Guest on Sat 11 May 2013, 10:07 am

Yes Joy, the Azalea bush is very old, but displays some glorious blooms.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sat 11 May 2013, 10:13 am

Its coloration is gorgeous, Jan, love the mauve edging. Azaleas don't seem to do too well here in EH. Might be the sea air & humidity. Have only seen some scrawny little bushes growing in some gardens. Of course, there may be some lovely bushes growing here & I haven't noticed them. :lol3:

Post by Guest on Mon 20 May 2013, 4:25 pm

Yes we well and truly saw the mackerel sky as Barry cleaned out a friend's gutters, (instead of our usual Monday morning music session) and we were outside for a couple of hours. We asked what she was doing with the matter, and she said "Throwing it out", so we said "We'll have it" and the proceeds were about four medium sized bags of beautiful compost, the result of a full grown pine tree and others shedding into the gutters.

Current date/time is Sat 22 Jul 2017, 12:36 pm