OUR IMAGES

How's Your Weather Going???

Bruce

default Re: How's Your Weather Going???

Post by Bruce on Wed 21 Jan 2015, 6:50 am

Hi Dawn I just stole your last Picture to show Rick on BYGC hope you don't mind :)
    Bruce

Post by Bruce on Wed 21 Jan 2015, 6:51 am

Rick is flying home on Friday to Dover so he going to be in for a bit of a temperature difference I think  :smile:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Wed 21 Jan 2015, 6:55 am

Hi Joy,  Yes very cool here , I am sure Bruce's friend will be feeling quite cooled off by the time he walks in his front door :) . According to the check out lady at the Super Market, it was only snowing in Hawkinge and Whitfield today. Whitfield is 6 miles north of Dover, your friend will definitely feel very 'chilled out' when he gets home . Do keep well Joy and I am so glad you will be having some R&R while you are away enjoy it immensely :) xx
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Wed 21 Jan 2015, 6:58 am

Bruce wrote:Rick is flying home on Friday to Dover so he going to be in for a bit of a temperature difference I think  :smile:

Hi Bruce, I think he is going to miss the blue skies and the sunshine of Australia  ! I miss the blue skies and sunshine too ! , but I did enjoy the snow today :)
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Wed 21 Jan 2015, 7:00 am

I think the snow being isolated in these two places to day is to do with having  high altitude !
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Wed 21 Jan 2015, 7:01 am

you are very welcome Bruce !
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Wed 21 Jan 2015, 7:06 am

Your'e very welcome to share it Bruce, not sure where my previous post disappeared to ?? I thought I answered this one already but my reply went awol ??
    Bruce

Post by Bruce on Wed 21 Jan 2015, 7:19 am

Thanks Dawn, I'm sure he'll feel it too lol I'll give him some stick when we see him off lol
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Thu 19 Feb 2015, 12:32 pm

Cold here in MO with a foot of snow from Sunday night into Monday.  No chance of melting at 10 degrees and may be down to -20 wind chill.  I am ready for spring!!!!
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Thu 19 Feb 2015, 2:16 pm

I'll bet you are ready for spring, Glad. A foot of snow is a good dumping but the people further east have had plenty of snow haven't they. Sounds very cold.  :cold:

We are awaiting the arrival of a cyclone which is supposed to start travelling south down the coast tomorrow morning. It will bring torrential rain & storm seas with extremely high tides. Beaches will be scoured out again just after nature had restored them from previous scarping.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sun 02 Aug 2015, 10:31 am

looking out of the window of my room in the Rehab unit it seems to be a gorgeous day & very warm. It's as though spring is just around the corner. BUT a cold snap could appear to give us the chills.  :cold:  At any time.
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Mon 03 Aug 2015, 5:56 pm

Great to hear you have good weather and can see sunny skies from where you are sitting  Joy ! :sun: Yes dear old Spring tries so hard time and time again , doesn't it ?

Apart from a few lovely summer days our summer is proving to be very elusive. It is cold and overcast out side. 

Enjoy ! x
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Mon 03 Aug 2015, 6:15 pm

WowDawn. it's snowing on the beaches at Hobart Tasmania. Guess the cold air will travel the 1000+km northwards  up the east coast & hit us soon.
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Mon 03 Aug 2015, 6:37 pm

Snowing in Hobart oh my goodness Joy !! and my very best friend from CT is there visiting her daughter ! CT has freezing weather too, think maybe she went there to get some sun , guess she has jumped from the pan into the fire on this one ! Hope it goes away and does not hit you guys there x
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 04 Aug 2015, 9:11 am

Your friend will need her winter woolies on ATM, Dawn. :cold:  Think it is cooler than yesterday slready.
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Tue 04 Aug 2015, 5:18 pm

She certainly will Joy !  :lol2:
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Thu 06 Aug 2015, 9:49 am

Boy The cold weather is still arriving from the south but will be much warmer here this afternoon. The Sun is shining. :sun:
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sun 29 Nov 2015, 1:58 pm

We look to be heading for a very nasty bushfire season this summer. We have had a record-breaking stinking hot spring & the bushfire season has been declared early as there has already been some deatructive fires causing loss of life & much property, livestock & crop losses in two states. It is early days yet, too.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 12 Jan 2016, 1:58 pm

After a short spell of wet dismal cool weather over the Christmas & New Year period which would have upset the holiday makers, the very humid hot summer weather has returned.

Post by Guest on Sat 16 Jan 2016, 8:15 am

Had a couple of frosts in the last week. first sign of any winter in the Cotswolds.
    Hope you are well recovered Joy.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sat 16 Jan 2016, 1:42 pm

Hello Big Billy, So your winter may arrive sometime, then. Have heard the UK had some nasty storms recently, do hope you were well away from them & not affected. 

I am good, all's well, thanks. Do hope you have fully recovered from your hip replacement, too.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Thu 18 Feb 2016, 2:50 pm

No weather shots today as my PC decided to take sick leave It went & went on strike. Fortunately I have an in-house IT expert fixer upperer. :laugh: He i now on the job while I am using my brand new Windows Surface Pro 3 tablet. A neat little gadget it is too. Will be even neater when I learn all the ins & outs of it.  :smile:

Current date/time is Thu 27 Jul 2017, 2:37 pm