OUR IMAGES

How's Your Weather Going???

Glad E Olah

default Re: How's Your Weather Going???

Post by Glad E Olah on Wed 22 Oct 2014, 11:29 am

Be careful Dawn and stay safe.  We are thinking of you around the world wide web.
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Wed 22 Oct 2014, 6:01 pm

Yes true Joy may be they would freeze up I am going to shove some soil on the top of them to compensate , maybe that will help out somewhat. x

Thanks Glad x,  we will, the winds were not that bad we did have some quite hefty gusts all day, leaves and broken twigs and branches broken off  but otherwise the news did not report much damage. I expected it to be worse than it was actually. :)
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Thu 23 Oct 2014, 10:18 am

Glad all is well  for you Dawn.  :good:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Thu 23 Oct 2014, 6:39 pm

:smile:  thank you Joy !
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Fri 24 Oct 2014, 2:38 pm

:hello2: :cool3:
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sat 15 Nov 2014, 11:29 am

We are in the middle of a spring heatwave!! At 10am summer time it was 34°C (93°F) felt like 35°C (95°F), humidity was 39%, very low for us. At 11am the temp had risen to 37.4°C (99.3°F) feels like 39.1°C (102.4°F) with humidity dropping to 32%.    :hot!:

Put some laundered thick bath towels, hand towels & bat mat on the clothes line to dry this morning. They were bone dry about two hours later.  :o

This is not common for us as we are beside the ocean which usually keeps us a bit cooler than inland. Strangely, the temps further inland are slightly cooler than ours right now but are expected to climb. 

It's definitely bushfire alert time. :O
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sat 15 Nov 2014, 2:04 pm

Well the temperature kept on climbing, relentlessly, through the morning & early afternoon, then a very welcome NE seabreeze arrived at 1.30pm & the temps thankfully started to drop.  :smile:

Here is a further list of the temps for today.

11.30am- 38.5°C (101.3°F). Feels like 40.7°C (105.3°F). Humidity 31%. Wind N

12md - 40°C (104°F) Feels 42.3°C (108°F) Humidity 28% Wind N

12.30pm - 41.2°C (106.2°F) Feels like 44.5°C (112°F) Humidity 28% Wind N Yikes!!!! :hot!:  

1pm  - 41.8°C (107.3) Feels like 44.3°C (111.6°F) Humidity 25% Wind N

1.30pm - 39°C (102.2°F) Feels like 42°C (107.6°F) Humidity climbing up 32% Wind now a NE seabreeze.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sat 15 Nov 2014, 3:22 pm

3.20pm & the temps are dropping, thanks to the seabreeze.

It is now 35.6°C (96°F) Feels like 39.4°C (103°F) Humidity increased to 43% Wind NNE 22km/h
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Sat 15 Nov 2014, 8:50 pm

wow what great temps Joy ! I could do with some of that heat to dry my washing to day :) enjoy xx
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sat 15 Nov 2014, 9:01 pm

Too hot to enjoy, I'm afraid, Dawn. Had to stay inside most of the time. It got too hot. There is supposed to be more of the same tomorrow.  :hot!: At 8.30pm it is 24.7°C (77°F) with 82% humidity. It's going to be a sticky night, I fear.  :sad3:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Sat 15 Nov 2014, 9:19 pm

yes I know the feeling, I was never a lover of too hot a temperature. ! I hope you get some relief ! xx
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 18 Nov 2014, 2:18 pm

Yes, we did get some relief as the temps the next day dropped to the low 30's/high20'sC. 

It was so hot on Saturday that colonies of flying foxes, or fruit bats, were decimated with one colony known to have lost thousands to the heat. WIRES & other wildlife rescuers were kept busy looking for live babies still attached to their dead mothers. The Rural Fire Service (RFS) was brought in to hose down the flying foxes hanging from their roost tree. There are, apparently, many still hanging from that tree who are dead. No doubt, other colonies, possibly in national parks etc, who were also similarly affected but unknown to us.  :sad3:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Thu 15 Jan 2015, 5:26 am

Ah that was a shame to have happened how sad :( Joy ! 

I have to apologise I missed this post 

I got an email from a friend today who had had some snow, in response I said we were having a warm spell here in Kent and we have been . It has been really nippy out but the sun has been shining brightly lately. Anyhow my point is John came in just now from work and informed me that there were traces of snow on my car top this morning at 5.45 am  when he left for work. Of course by the time I looked out this morning it would have been long gone. :) so we have had some snow like they predicted at the outset of winter  :bye:
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Thu 15 Jan 2015, 8:58 am

Brrrr, Dawn.  :cold:  :hi:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Sun 18 Jan 2015, 3:27 am

We had snow earlier, it was a strange :??: as it was raining and then it snowed then it rained ? Just kept on doing this within seconds of each other, as if it did not quite know whether to rain or snow. Yet they say it never rains when it snows ? or at least my son says if it rains it will not snow ? . The flakes were too thick to be a sleet. It almost went into 'just snow' at one stage and then it all seemed to go very slow but the flakes would just fall slowly and softly. Then it all was gone. It is very cold out now not sure what the temp is but it has not changed much since 8pm . was -2 C at 8pm this morning. I think it may be,  even colder than this morning. I ran off to get my camera but just missed the snow part? I am not sure whether it is worth putting up as it was so short
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sun 18 Jan 2015, 8:49 am

The weather is a strange beast, Dawn & NEVER follows the norm no matter what "they" say.  :lol2: Shame the snow didn't last as it looks prettier than rain doesn't it? 

Still, too cold for me, as I sit here typing at 8.46am (summer time), with the temp already 28°C or 83°F & humidity 96%.  :lol2:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Tue 20 Jan 2015, 8:50 pm

It is snowing cats and dogs,  :) can I say that ? 
     It has been snowing for about 20 mins now, it started off like small hail and now we have big snowflakes. My conservatory ceiling/roof is covered and everything has gone white in an half an hour, the flakes are now floating down not really falling as such. This is when snow looks so pretty. Earlier it was just like white rain. I will upload some pics once I have eaten breakfast.
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Tue 20 Jan 2015, 11:52 pm

It started out like this 
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Tue 20 Jan 2015, 11:53 pm

a view from my bedroom window

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Tue 20 Jan 2015, 11:54 pm

my daffodils coming up through the snow :) 

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Tue 20 Jan 2015, 11:55 pm

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Wed 21 Jan 2015, 12:00 am

haha! those of you who are used to more than 1 inch of snow must be chuckling to yourself over my snow pics. . It has now been snowing on and off for 3 and half hours approx. It is not the first time for me to be in or see snow but it is the longest I have ever seen it snowing :)
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Wed 21 Jan 2015, 12:01 am

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Wed 21 Jan 2015, 12:05 am

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Wed 21 Jan 2015, 6:44 am

That looks so pretty, Dawn, BUT, oh so COLD!!!!  :cold: Many thanks for posting these beautiful images.  :thankyou:  :photos:  

A friend of Bruce's has been staying in Australia for the past three months & is leaving (reluctantly) to return to Dover on Friday. He sure will notice the difference in the temps won't he.  :lol2:
    Bruce

Post by Bruce on Wed 21 Jan 2015, 6:50 am

Hi Dawn I just stole your last Picture to show Rick on BYGC hope you don't mind :)

Current date/time is Sun 23 Jul 2017, 2:42 pm