OUR IMAGES

How's Your Weather Going???

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

default How's Your Weather Going???

Post by Joy on Wed 28 Nov 2012, 1:22 pm

Today, we drove along the road, which leads from our township to the Pacific HighwaY at Broadwater & it was good to see that the fallen trees & branches aren't going to just lie beside the road to end up as bushfire tinder. There was a tree chipper at work turning them into useable mulch. :bravo: It is going to be quite a job & it looked as though they had done halfway along one side of the road when we saw them.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

default Re: How's Your Weather Going???

Post by Joy on Tue 04 Dec 2012, 11:55 am

YIKES!!! At 11.30AM (daylight savings time) it was already 32.5°C (90.5°F) & feels like 36.7°C (!!!) (98°F). The relative humidity is only 55% but I am dripping. There is not much of a breeze but what there is, is a stinking hot WNW straight from the scorching inland desert regions. It is only the third day of summer. :hot!:

One plus is that our laundry (thick towels) will dry very quickly. It will be like being in a tumble dryer. :lol2:

Post by Guest on Thu 13 Dec 2012, 3:38 am

Winter is closing in, minus 5 and 7 the last two nights.

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Thu 13 Dec 2012, 7:05 am

My goodness, BigBilly!! That is really cold. It would be lucky to get that cold in the Snowfields, here, in the middle of winter. That does appear to be a very severe frost. While I have lived with frost, many years ago, I don't think I have seen one as bad as that in your great picture, which, by the way, does look quite beautiful.

All the best for your upcoming hip operation, BB, unless they were able to fit you in earlier. In which, case all the best for your recuperation. :D

Post by Guest on Thu 13 Dec 2012, 7:29 am

Certainly is cold Joy but looks as if some wet weather is coming in at the weekend.

Thanks very much for the good wishes, at the moment all systems are go for Friday
    Bruce

Post by Bruce on Thu 13 Dec 2012, 7:35 am

Brrrrr that is cold BB, reminds me of when I worked in the hunter valley with the fences a sheet of Ice each morning :hi:

Hope all goes well for you and Happy Xmas :smile:
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Thu 13 Dec 2012, 7:38 am

Do not know what is worse, BigBilly. Frost or very cold rain. :roll:

Fingers crossed that, this time, it is all systems go, so that you will be "up & running" in time for Christmas, BB. :)

Post by Guest on Sat 15 Dec 2012, 6:59 am

Pouring with rain all day today, And would you believe it ?? OP cancelled again today,
    They offered me the 20th but I declined so I'm waiting for a post christmas date.
    Bruce

Post by Bruce on Sat 15 Dec 2012, 7:10 am

Good grief BB thats a pain!
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sat 15 Dec 2012, 7:49 am

Oh, my goodness, BigBilly, that is awful postponing your op, yet again. Hope you didn't have to fast beforehand. In hospital once, I overheard a cardiac surgeon telling a patient she was being set down for an op on that coming Friday. Then the surgeon added that, unfortunately, most ops scheduled for a Friday never happen as they are usually playing catch up on that day. So, BB, demand an operation scheduled for first thing on a Monday. :lol3:

As for your rain, I do hope it isn't too cold. :cold:

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sun 06 Jan 2013, 2:47 pm

The weather here is very warm & humid but we are lucky as much of the southern parts of Australia are having heat waves with severe, destructive bushfires, particularly in Tasmania. Many homes destroyed.

All we have to moan about is the very warm, humid nights we are having. The nighttime clouds that have been appearing lately, are stopping the heat & moisture from escaping. Guess it is summer after all & it is good to actually be having one after the last few cool wet summers.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 08 Jan 2013, 2:48 pm

Serious fires risk for today. A total fire ban has been declared for the entire state of NSW & probably elsewhere. The southern parts of NSW have had their fire risk warning upgraded to catastrophic. Temps are well over 40°C (104°F) down there but luckily for us they are only about 33°C (91°F) here. National parks have been closed for safety reasons & reduce risk. Unfortunately, it is the peak of our summer holiday season & keeping people out of these parks will be difficult.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Wed 09 Jan 2013, 2:23 pm

Our weather is very extreme at the moment with heat waves, & low humidity, all over the place as well as bush & grass fires. We are lucky that some arsonist hasn't targeted our region with its two National parks. Of course, anything could happen with it being school holidays at the moment.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sat 12 Jan 2013, 3:20 pm

Our stinking hot weather continues with bushfires a real concern. Nothing here so far thank goodness. Our temp at 2.30pm was 37.5°C (99.5°F) feels like 44.6°C (112°F)!!!!! Relative humidity is only 44%. The wind is from the hot north but has a touch of sea breeze in it.

Post by Guest on Fri 18 Jan 2013, 6:29 am

Back home after my op, all seems to be going well but still very stiff.

Been quite cold here for a week now with temps down to minus 5. but we are being warned we may get up to 10 inches of snow tomorrow, so its batten down the hatches time.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Fri 18 Jan 2013, 6:54 am

That is cold. :cold: It is so good to hear your op went well, BigBilly & that you are recuperating nicely despite being stiff. Guess that is only to be expected. Hope the exercises aren't too strenuous.

Your weather is the exact opposite to ours &, luckily for your recovery, will not tempt you out into the garden.

Here it is heatwaves & bushfires. :hot!:
    Bruce

Post by Bruce on Sat 19 Jan 2013, 9:47 am

Hi mate sounds like it's going ok with the recovery.

I have a friend in Dover that was wishing for snow, I told him to be carefull what he wishs for :lol2:

Post by Guest on Sun 20 Jan 2013, 8:31 am

Bruce

Post by Bruce on Sun 20 Jan 2013, 8:36 am

all fixed mate :smile:
    Bruce

Post by Bruce on Sun 20 Jan 2013, 8:37 am

Cold Tooties for the birdies :yes:
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sun 20 Jan 2013, 8:42 am

The birds would be very grateful for any food that is left for them I would imagine, BigBilly. It does look very cold though. :cold:

Thanks for the beautiful pic. :D

Post by Guest on Sun 20 Jan 2013, 8:48 am

Thanks folks for sorting things out at your end, just need to get my end sorted.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sun 20 Jan 2013, 9:03 am

BigBilly, in Quick Reply (the posting window at the bottom of page) the Image window is the seventh icon from the left. Just click on it, paste in the pic's URL which you will have after it is copied from Photobucket, then click OK.

In Post Reply or New Topic it is the 16th icon from the left. Procedure is the same. Hope this helps, BB. :D

Post by Guest on Mon 21 Jan 2013, 6:10 am

bruiser wrote:Hi mate sounds like it's going ok with the recovery.

I have a friend in Dover that was wishing for snow, I told him to be carefull what he wishs for :lol2:

Tell your friend he can all the snow if he can find a way to get it, looks very pretty but if you have to work with it and try to get around the country roads in it, its not a joke after the first couple of days, especially for the farmers looking after animals.
    Bruce

Post by Bruce on Mon 21 Jan 2013, 6:26 am

I couldn't agree more BB, who in there right mind wants that stuff I don't even like frost all to hard for me, I've no idea how you guys manage all the problems it throws at you. :good:

Current date/time is Thu 27 Jul 2017, 2:28 pm