OUR IMAGES

Dawn's Folkestone UK

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

default Re: Dawn's Folkestone UK

Post by Joy on Fri 13 Jun 2014, 12:07 pm

Have heard about such drownings from the swift run-in tides, Dawn. It must come in really fast to catch fishers out like that. Unfortunately, fishing all over the world is a dangerous occupation, I'm afraid. 

Lucky you, Dawn.  :yes:  :D  My camera doesn't shoot in RAW mode although I have found out the cheaper S9200 does!!! Boo hiss. Never mind, maybe the next one??? Think a new computer will make a huge difference with your speed. You won't know yourself. Will you get one with a touch screen monitor? They are great, especially when choosing which pics to load, etc. Your wonderful pics are even more precious knowing now how long it takes for you to upload them.  :good:
    granny

Post by granny on Fri 13 Jun 2014, 6:59 pm

:smile: Dawn loved the pictures of the boats at low tide.  Thank you so much!!  Granny
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Fri 13 Jun 2014, 10:14 pm

Your'e very welcome Granny and thanks for viewing and commenting  :good:  :sun:   :coolsign:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Fri 13 Jun 2014, 10:38 pm

Hi Joy :) we went into a PC store here not too long ago and told the salesman our needs. The computer would be mostly catering to my needs with the photos as John doesn't use it much for anything else anymore except FB and a few personal things now his job has changed slightly in nature. We got some specs and gave them to some family members and they gave us their ideas as feedback but really still not very sure of what to get actually. We don't want to spend loads of money on a computer  or a monitor with features we will never use,  it is sad to say this but I will never move on the advice of a Salesperson alone. I am wanting a monitor that is conducive to photos as well. so it is nice to know about the touch screen feature re: photos . : ) thks xx
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sat 14 Jun 2014, 10:55 am

Hi Dawn.  :wave: Agree with you re not wanting to take the advice of a salesperson about what PC will suit your needs. At least for us not having to go to a store to buy a PC is very handy as ours can be custom-made by our in-house techie.  :lol2: 

Bruce says that storage is the key, plenty of RAM & plenty of speed in the CPU. Mine has 6GBs of RAM & 3.3GHz CPU which are great for my pics & videos. An LED monitor is fantastic for colour &, unfortunately, we thought my touch screen was LED but it's LCD with LED backlighting. The same with my new Toshiba laptop.  :grr: 

All the best on your PC hunt.  :good:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Sun 15 Jun 2014, 5:19 pm

Thanks Joy ! I have taken note of your suggestions and passed them on to John , thks you Bruce too:). We may go today to get something .  :cool3: just get a cycle ride out the way and we might be on our way   :apgch:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Sun 15 Jun 2014, 8:04 pm

Just some flower photos of flowers in my garden and some I received as birthday presents.

Camellias in the gardens that run along what is called "the coastal walk" below the Leas. 

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Sun 15 Jun 2014, 8:06 pm

Flower boxes just down the way on a public piece of Land 

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Sun 15 Jun 2014, 8:06 pm

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Sun 15 Jun 2014, 8:07 pm

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Sun 15 Jun 2014, 8:08 pm

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Sun 15 Jun 2014, 8:10 pm

Some Scented Viola I planted in a two tiered container, to brighten up the back area. The bottom has some trusty nasturtium which is in flower now. 

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Sun 15 Jun 2014, 8:12 pm

Pink Azalea flowers with an English Bumble bee :) love them ! [ (the bees I mean) . and the flowers too :) ] climbing the side fence. !

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Sun 15 Jun 2014, 8:15 pm

Some white tulips I picked up at the local convenience store, and put them into a vase. Wrong shape for tulips but not all had been unpacked so I used what was available. 

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Sun 15 Jun 2014, 8:17 pm

Clematis 

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Sun 15 Jun 2014, 8:18 pm

Honey suckle climbing the fence 

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Sun 15 Jun 2014, 8:23 pm

some beautiful flowers I received from my friend who lives in Paris, it was a lovely surprise they came in the post !! in  a huge box , and I was amazed at  how fresh they were. they lasted almost two weeks from then on, I still can't believed how well they travelled. 

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Sun 15 Jun 2014, 8:24 pm

another one of the Tulips 

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Sun 15 Jun 2014, 8:25 pm

My little rose bud , taken walking along the Leas, at the beginning of spring. The flowers along there were gorgeous 

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Sun 15 Jun 2014, 8:27 pm

Crocus along an Avenue in Folkestone, also taken at the outset of spring !

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Sun 15 Jun 2014, 8:29 pm

These were also sent to me on my birthday. I have never seen such big Peony roses absolutely gorgeous close up . ! They also lasted ages. 

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Sun 15 Jun 2014, 8:32 pm

The fragrance that greeted me when I walked into the living room every morning was beautiful, which came mostly from the lillies.  :love: 

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Sun 15 Jun 2014, 8:37 pm

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Sun 15 Jun 2014, 8:41 pm

We don't eat out often, as it is too expensive,  but one day we had to go to the Blue Water Shopping centre which is a couple of hours from here and we were there at lunch time. We love this food chain it is Vietnamese or Japanese food ? something like that. Anyhow these photos will bring up the posts if nothing else :)

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Sun 15 Jun 2014, 8:42 pm

our table was under this sign hence me taking the pic like it is :)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 20 Jul 2018, 8:39 pm