OUR IMAGES

Glad's Gardening

Glad E Olah

default Re: Glad's Gardening

Post by Glad E Olah on Sun 17 Nov 2013, 5:01 pm

Thanks BBilly NS Joy.

The eye has completely healed and I am happy about that.

We are getting lots of rain now and most of the leaves are off of the trees now. I think about 2 more times of mowing and it will be done. Son has mulched the leaves for the compost been and some are piled in an area to winter. I am looking forward to the mulched leaves at planting time.

Do you save leaves BBilly?
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sun 17 Nov 2013, 5:37 pm

Oh dear, Glad, it does appear as though winter is heading your way. Thankfully, your garden does seem ready for it & saving dead leaves for the compost & mulch is sound practice.
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Mon 18 Nov 2013, 4:50 pm

Well today we had spring like weather....with tornadoes in many places.  (we were fortunate)There are 6 confirmed deaths less than 100 miles east of me.

Here is a video a long way from my area but look at the some of the still photos.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/17/washington-illinois-torna_n_4292667.html
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Mon 18 Nov 2013, 6:33 pm

That is awful, Glad. Ironically, a mini tornado (we rarely have them in Australia) today hit an area of Sydney, which we drove through yesterday.  We are having thunderstorms at the moment but luckily, (touch wood) no hail for which Bruiser is extremely grateful as our car has to be parked outdoors where we are staying. :rain: 

Stay safe. :)
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Mon 18 Nov 2013, 6:47 pm

Thanks Joy...we are safe now.

You stay safe as well.

If you go on my facebook page I shared pictures of the teenager that has lukemima his home town was hit hard. There are even pictures of a grave yard in back of a church. The storm hit just minuets from the time the church dismissed their weekly service.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Wed 20 Nov 2013, 11:07 am

Hi Glad, yes, that is an awful scene of destruction. Do feel for those badly affected. We are lucky tornadoes are a fairly rare event here which surprises us when they occur but we do have other equally destructive thunderstorms & cyclones (Southern Hemisphere hurricanes).
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Thu 21 Nov 2013, 3:25 pm

I imagine your hurricanes are bad too. Seems mother nature can get rather scary at times.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Thu 21 Nov 2013, 3:32 pm

We have been a bit lucky for the past few summers, Glad, with no cyclones making their way down the coast to our area. Have had plenty of dreaded east coast lows though. They are close to a cyclone.

Post by Guest on Sun 01 Dec 2013, 5:51 am

Glad E Olah wrote:Thanks BBilly NS Joy.

The eye has completely healed and I am happy about that.

We are getting lots of rain now and most of the leaves are off of the trees now.  I think about 2 more times of mowing and it will be done.  Son has mulched the leaves for the compost been and some are piled in an area to winter.  I am looking forward to the mulched leaves at planting time.

Do you save leaves BBilly?
    Yes Glad we do collect leaves and at the moment are busy doing just that. The dry ones go into the inside chicken runs where they
    gradually break down, and with the chicken droppings in them make terrific stuff to go on the compost heaps.  The wet leaves go straight on the compost heaps.
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Tue 03 Dec 2013, 3:27 pm

All but the few oak leaves are off the trees now.  They have been mulched and stored in a place until planting time again.  Since we had the wood chip mulch already spread we placed the leaves in an area where they will break down over the winter.

Current date/time is Sat 22 Jul 2017, 12:36 pm