OUR IMAGES

Glad's Gardening

Glad E Olah

default Glad's Gardening

Post by Glad E Olah on Thu 19 Sep 2013, 4:13 pm

I will begin new threads as the progress of my gardening takes place with fresh pictures.  The older threads have great information and comments from others so please overlook what happened with the pictures I had posted.

I appreciate everyone posting replies to my garden threads. 

Thank you so much!

Glad

default Re: Glad's Gardening

Post by Guest on Thu 19 Sep 2013, 5:54 pm

So sorry to hear of your problem Glad. I must be very careful as i use Photobucket.
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Thu 19 Sep 2013, 11:50 pm

Yes BBilly and that is the reason I wanted everyone to know. 
    I would not wish this nightmare on anyone!
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Sun 22 Sep 2013, 12:07 pm

My granddaughters came over when I returned from work this afternoon and wow did we get some clean up of the garden.  Spent about 2 hours more after they went home.  I sent home a dishpan full of okra with them for their supper.  I will have okra until frost although it has slowed down a lot.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sun 22 Sep 2013, 1:26 pm

Sounds good, Glad. Have never eaten okra but I do know it is supposed to be very good for you in keeping healthy. It is great your okra will last so long for you to enjoy.
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Sun 22 Sep 2013, 2:04 pm

I forgot to mention I also picked lettuce from the fall bed.  I will wilt the lettuce tomorrow.
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Fri 27 Sep 2013, 12:32 pm

What I have accomplished is to delete most of the unnecessary pictures.  The other photobucket account that has my normal email I have been uploading pictures from my computer.  As soon as I get all this done (one album takes about 2 hours to upload and place dates on the pictures) I plan to begin replacing the garden pictures the best I can.  I will need to compare dates to get the aprox pictures that were in the threads.

One thing I want to make sure of is having the pictures to stay permanently in their appropriate album at photobucket.  For the garden pictures and also the projects son has done I am making sub albums for each year or project.  This should be easier to find pictures later when needed.

It may take me several months to finish this task so please understand.  (I am also doing a lot of yard and garden clean up so that is taking part of my time as we are having nice weather.) There will be new pictures of the clean up.

Thanks,
    Glad
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Fri 27 Sep 2013, 2:16 pm

Yes, I do agree, Glad, it will certainly take plenty of your time. Please believe me when I tell you to undertake such a time-consuming, & much appreciated, task at your very own leisure. :good: 

Photobucket is really, REALLY slow for uploading now & there is no excuse for that these days. It's just as bad as it was nearly 6 years ago when I first joined!!! The other day I uploaded some pics, using their new bulk uploader, which now seems to have to be re-installed each time you want to use it. :mad2:   This was not required before as it was always there to use. It used to be faster as well but now it takes forever to upload images. Not only that, it uploaded 10 extra replicated images which were exasperating, to say the least, to delete. They sure have made the whole shebang harder to use & it is definitely much less user-friendly. 

I wish you well for this project, Glad. :smile:  :bravo:
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Sun 29 Sep 2013, 2:47 pm

Thanks Joy.  Have you noticed that when you one to upload a picture they make you watch an advert?  I have them figured out now.  I just keep uploading one after another without leaving the task and that saves me from watching an advert for each upload.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sun 29 Sep 2013, 3:38 pm

They are tricky, Glad, as they want users to upgrade to the paid version so they try to make ads as intrusive as possible. The only thing that does is to drive users away. 

Photobucket was never the easiest editing site to use, so I am pleased you have worke out a way of avoiding the ads. I use Adblock Plus, a free download that blocks most ads. Very handy as I have never noticed ads on the occasional times I use Photobucket.  :cool3:
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Sun 29 Sep 2013, 11:56 pm

Will get info about ad block.
    Bruce

Post by Bruce on Mon 30 Sep 2013, 6:51 am

Make sure you use the Plus version Glad it's the 1 allright! :)

https://adblockplus.org/en
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Mon 30 Sep 2013, 6:21 pm

Thanks bruiser
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Mon 30 Sep 2013, 6:25 pm

Did it just now.....

Post by Guest on Mon 30 Sep 2013, 7:56 pm

Me too, Thanks Bruiser
    Bruce

Post by Bruce on Mon 30 Sep 2013, 8:38 pm

Just trying to help guys :smile:
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Tue 01 Oct 2013, 5:08 am

bruiser wrote:Just trying to help guys :smile:
    Well we appreciate it greatly!
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Wed 02 Oct 2013, 2:39 am

Clean up is slowly moving forward in the yard and garden.

One section that did not have borders has now been blocked in ready for next year. It will temporarily hold a few plants over the winter for storage to be planted elsewhere in the yard.

I have cleaned out the little tool storage shed and the flat chest shed that houses odds and ends garden items. The liquid items I have brought into the house to avoid freezing.

My one son is working on the carport area and drive way. We had gravel hauled in so that will be placed soon.

He is also repairing the big shed late hubby used for a rabbit productions. This is where tools are stored and lawnmowers and other yard machines. Son is fixing up the shed with electricity so he can use it for the power saws his dad left him.

Another project will be a basic green house (with plastic covering.....less expensive and can be dismantled when needed). He wants to grow a lot of our veggie plants in this temporary green house.

Post by Guest on Wed 02 Oct 2013, 6:29 am

Great to hear how work is progressing Glad.Will be interested to see pics o the greenhouse when its done.

We ordered the slabs, sand and cement today for the relaying of the back patio area.  Hope to start putting them down this weekend
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Wed 02 Oct 2013, 7:29 am

Thanks BBilly.

I will get pictures and surely by then I will have photobucket straightened out.

I am burned out on it right now and taking a break. It is about 75% done.

I picked a dishpan full of lettuce from the fall garden today. It is so tender and good.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Wed 02 Oct 2013, 8:43 am

You & your son have been working so hard on your home & garden, Glad. It will be wonderful when it is all finished. That is if ever such projects ever get finished, of course. There is always something else to be done, isn't there? :lol3: 

Great work. :D
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Wed 02 Oct 2013, 10:57 am

Yes always something to create but that makes life worth while and interesting.  I am never bored!
    At my age I hope I live long enough to see everything done.  Now that would be great!:donald:
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Wed 02 Oct 2013, 11:26 am

You're just a spring chicken, Glad. :cool4:   Plenty of years left yet.  :yes:
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Wed 02 Oct 2013, 2:37 pm

:laugh:
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Tue 08 Oct 2013, 3:59 pm

all of the 2013 yard and garden pictures have been transferred now to the other photobucket account. Still have some 2012 to transfer yet. I will try to repost some of the pictures soon but I may not have them all straight along with the posts.

I took a few pictures today also.

Current date/time is Fri 28 Jul 2017, 2:48 pm