The 2013 Garden

Glad E Olah

default Re: The 2013 Garden

Post by Glad E Olah on Fri 13 Sep 2013, 2:56 pm

Thanks Joy!
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Wed 18 Sep 2013, 1:15 pm

Some of the following pictures are ugly but wanted to post them to show the end of the garden right before clean up.

Cucumbers....below front are peppers still growing til frost

More cucumbers and the sunflowers

Awful and has since been cleaned up...another fence of cucumbers:

I will post the progress of the clean up and also the disbursement of the mulch as the project moves forward.
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Wed 18 Sep 2013, 2:29 pm

The above two pictures show where a new project begins soon.   Where the potatoes were in the first picture will be known as The Green House for growing starter plants.  It will be simple and made of removable sheets of plastic.  Son says it won't cost much to make it.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Wed 18 Sep 2013, 2:36 pm

Nothing ugly there, Glad. This just what happens with gardens & their annuals. Think of the leaf browning & withering away as nutrients going back into the soil then it doesn't seem such an eyesore. 

Hope the worn out plants gave you a good harvest & they will end their days in the compost bin. :lol3: 

Thanks for posting these pics. Your garden still looks good even at the end of its summer & the readying for its next phase is going well. :yes: The Green House area is a great idea. Wonderful. :bravo:
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Thu 19 Sep 2013, 2:57 pm

Well Joy I have bad news about my pictures.  If you need to you can delete the thread and I will post new pictures  next year.  Every forum I go to including my own will have to be adjusted.  Heart sick! This is the message I am posting at all forums:

Some of my pictures are stored at a site called Photobucket....they did something today without me realizing what I was clicking...they had said to keep others from copying my pictures I could "shuffle" them and wow I did not know exactly what they meant....and now many of my pictures will show a sign that says removed or deleted from user. Just thought I would let you know this and if you have a Photobucket account do not have them "shuffle" your pictures.

It is going to take ages to repost my pictures.  I am thinking out of about 1,000 pictures a majority have or will be shuffled.  All forums I am a member of will have to be updated.  I ask those forums to give me time to do this and I am so sorry.

I am posting this thread so other members will be aware this could happen to your pictures if you use Photobucket.

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Thu 19 Sep 2013, 3:22 pm

That is terrible, Glad. Wish they would stop mucking around with these photo storage/editing sites. Don't think I currently have any images posted from Photobucket & haven't visited there for a while so I haven't been caught by this trap. Did notice, today, in Shout the missing images. That is dreadful.

Shall leave this & other threads you have here as is so that when you are able to work on them you will know what images go where. No hurry of course as you must deal with Shout first. 

Thanks for the warning, too. :good:  Will be giving Photobucket a wide berth until they fix this problem. I'll bet there has been a huge hue & cry from their users. There was a problem with Google/Picasa but not of this magnitude & the Google forum lit up with complaints. :lol3:
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Thu 19 Sep 2013, 3:31 pm

It is a huge mess Joy! A huge one.

I think we will have to delete garden threads here and everywhere I go.  And Shout is a disaster right now.  I have spent hours already.

And the image delete picture is hideous in my opinion.

All the pictures are still there at photo bucket....and I found out how many over 2000!  They have just been moved around.  Dumb people or dumb me I guess.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Thu 19 Sep 2013, 3:42 pm

Something like that should not happen at all. It is a disgrace that Photobucket allowed it. Probably all because some people complained about having their images taken without their permission. This is a problem with public photo hosting sites & the only way to stop it is to make their albums private. Was thinking of transferring all my pics to them but have now changed my mind.

I won't delete these threads as others have posts in them &, as well, it would drop our post count down tremendously. Don't want that. :lol: Things may right themselves, you never know. As I said there isn't a big rush to correct the issue.
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Thu 19 Sep 2013, 3:48 pm

Well if you can over look the deleted picture signs.

No I do not feel that it will correct itself.  I clicked scramble when I should not have but I did not realize it.  I am embarrassed to say the least and yeah the info here in the posts are good too plus the conversation.  The only thing I know to do is place the pictures back with their new link.  You could archive the threads that contain my deleted pictures and that way no one's post count would be altered. 

I will begin new threads for the next growing season anyway.

Current date/time is Sat 22 Jul 2017, 12:34 am