OUR IMAGES

Identify the catci !! 2013 !!

default Identify the catci !! 2013 !!

Post by Guest on Fri 29 Mar 2013, 10:39 am

On my campus, I am famous for cactus collection. But i don't actually know what 'species' they are ? Anyone have any idea what any of these are ? i just bought them from B&Q, and all the tag said was 'cactus'. In the order, from left to right, you have Albert, Bob, Claude, Donald, Edward, Fred and Garry Albert was unwanted, and so i adopted him. I'm so proud of Fred and his little flowers. and Garry, well...look at him !!! reminds me of some sort of strawberry

default Re: Identify the catci !! 2013 !!

Post by Guest on Fri 29 Mar 2013, 10:43 am

Just a close of my cacti - Albert, Bob, Claude + Donald

Post by Guest on Fri 29 Mar 2013, 10:46 am

- and Edward, Fred and Garry
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sat 30 Mar 2013, 3:30 pm

They are a wonderful collection of cacti, Pamela & do look very healthy. At the moment, I only have a couple of cacti species. One has a gazillion pups, though. :lol3:

Not being an expert on naming cacti, I am only hazarding a guess as to Bob & Donald possibly being Mammillaria of which there are a huge number of different types. Mammillaria have lovely flowers some of which are fabulous bright colours.

There are just so many types of cactus but it can be fun trying to name the ones you have. My other cactus is an echinopsis seminudus & this has stunning flowers. Edward & Claude do look as if they could be a species of echinopsis.

Here is a link to a comprehensive guide to a huge range of cacti. Trouble is a person would need to have some idea as to what their cactus is to be able to track it down through guides like this, but it s a start. :luck:

Cacti Guide

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 17 Aug 2017, 7:34 pm