OUR IMAGES

My Son's Latest Project

Glad E Olah

default My Son's Latest Project

Post by Glad E Olah on Sun 23 Sep 2012, 1:32 pm

On going pictures of my new deck in construction:

I will be able to step off the deck/patio right into the garden!
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

default Re: My Son's Latest Project

Post by Joy on Sun 23 Sep 2012, 2:09 pm

That will be fantastic for you, Glad. This is a wonderful project your son is undertaking & it will be a much used addition to your home. He is to be congratulated. :bravo:
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Mon 24 Sep 2012, 4:40 am

Thanks Joy!

I noticed I have a couple of pictures out of order but overlook that.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Mon 24 Sep 2012, 6:08 am

:lol: That is not a problem, Glad. :cool3:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Mon 24 Sep 2012, 7:09 pm

Glad E Olah, your son is an expert wood worker, that is going to be a lovely deck. His other project of the summer house? (can't remember what it was you called it exactly offhand ) , but is also very well built!!. You are very lucky to have someone so handy about the house. Well done !! :clap: .
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Fri 28 Sep 2012, 12:54 pm

Thanks Joy and Dawn.... by the way Dawn love your new avatar!

Taken yesterday and today:

Steps need to be done and the trim around the sides. It is getting there!

Notice how son marks his board to be sawed in the right place!
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Fri 28 Sep 2012, 12:55 pm

Oh I meant to mention.....the boards on the side at the floor will be sawed evenly eventually.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Fri 28 Sep 2012, 1:02 pm

Your son looks to be a perfectionist, Glad & is doing a great job with this deck. It will be a work of art when he is finished. :bravo:

Thanks for posting these pics & keeping us up to date on this wonderful, & very handy, project.
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Fri 28 Sep 2012, 1:05 pm

Thanks Joy!

Post by Guest on Wed 03 Oct 2012, 6:28 pm

Great pics of your son and his handy work Glad.what a great asset he is to you with his attention to detail. Great job he is doing.
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Thu 04 Oct 2012, 6:25 am

Thanks BBilly!
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Thu 04 Oct 2012, 6:31 am

A couple more pics taken today:

Excuse the mess laying around but that goes with construction.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Thu 04 Oct 2012, 6:46 am

The deck is looking really good, Glad & the weather also looks good. :D Your son is, most certainly, doing a fantastic job of constructing it. What an asset it will be when it is finished. :good:

Thank you for keeping us updated on this wonderful project.
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Thu 04 Oct 2012, 6:57 am

Thanks and you are welcome Joy.

May get cold over this coming weekend. Not predicting frost but close to it. My beans are in bloom now so may not have time to make. That was the chance I took.

The deck will be nice to sit on and look out over the garden. Son says there may be a way to water most of the garden from the deck. Knowing him he will figure out a way.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Thu 04 Oct 2012, 7:16 am

Bruiser said he has no doubt your son will find a way to achieve this & it sure would make your life much easier to be able to sit there on the deck & water your veggie garden. :lol3:

Yes, I did notice some lush green growth in the first of these two pics. Was that the beans?? Hope the frosts hang off for a while & let your beans grow enough for, at least, a feed. Even if they cannot do that they will have provided the benefit of some nutritious nitrogen for your garden's soil. So all is not lost, is it??
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Thu 04 Oct 2012, 2:31 pm

The two pictures I posted today may show a move in file at photobucket. I moved them to the correct album. If this occurs I will repost them below. I do have a picture my son took when he finished his work today. I will post it here.

Yep those were the summer beans on the little fence that came back when the rains came in September. The bush beans (not shown) are just full of blooms but need at least a week to picking stage. Will try to get a picture of that before frost.

Tell Bruiser he is right about son.

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Thu 04 Oct 2012, 2:42 pm

So far the pics you posted seem to be still here, Glad. Fingers crossed they stay that way. :lol3: Is there going to be a roof, of some sorts, over your deck?? Just seeing the two large support posts made me think there might be.

Go bush beans, you can make it!! :bravo:
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Thu 04 Oct 2012, 2:51 pm

I wanted a roof but son said it would be difficult to tie into the main roof. If you notice there is three different places that was done to the main house so not sure if we can do it or. If so it will be done but it won't be a priority until some of the other projects are done.

(Off subject.....but I cannot access my shout says there is maintenance going on. Never had that to happen before just wondering about it. Something forumotion must be doing???)
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Thu 04 Oct 2012, 3:10 pm

A beach or market umbrella will suffice for the summer, won't they, Glad, if it is too difficult to attach a roof?? If there was a secure way to do this then I believe your son will have already thought of it. :D

The Forumotion maintenance issue does not seem to be affecting APG. Maybe it is the US forums, perhaps. Usually when this happens it only lasts for a very short while but it does seem to be going on for much longer than usual. The Shout favicon has just changed, for me, from the globe.
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Thu 04 Oct 2012, 3:11 pm

All is looking really good Glad! Not only is a deck handy and comfortable for one it makes a lovely feature to the house as well. Yours is nice and sturdy looking! The top two previous photos have disappeared for me, I am just letting you know as you seemed to ask :bye:
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Thu 04 Oct 2012, 3:27 pm

I will check the picture issue tomorrow (it is just past midnight here) and if they are gone will repost them but the post will show an edit.

I can't stand to see those thingy saying picture was moved or deleted.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Thu 04 Oct 2012, 3:55 pm

Re the first two pics from today's posts, Glad, I could see them perfectly fine, as I said, but then I realised I was probably seeing them from cache. :lol3: Cleared browsing history plus cache &, voilà, they disappeared!! :yes:

Do agree that the Photobucket missing pic thingy looks awful, but it isn't as bad as the horrible black triangle with its big exclamation mark from Picasa. That is yuck!!!

Last edited by Joy on Thu 04 Oct 2012, 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Thu 04 Oct 2012, 3:58 pm

oh will try that!

I am still seeing them.

I will get it fixed.

BTW that maintenance is still going on. I am getting a bit worried. Hope they didn't shut my forum down. I did not like the answer I got over in the support forum either. Shout is almost my whole life.
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Thu 04 Oct 2012, 4:01 pm

Cleared cookies and pictures are still there. I am reposting them here just in case.

(Images reposted here have been transferred back to the original post by Admin)

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Thu 04 Oct 2012, 4:05 pm

They are still missing in the post so I'll replace them, Glad, by transferring them from the above post to the original one.

PS Just found your post in FM's support forum. The idiot who "responded" is just that, an idiot & has no official capacity at all. Wait until the real staff find your post & see their answer. Apart from Sanket & Jophy, most will probably be in bed, although the French staff should be starting work about now.

Current date/time is Sat 22 Jul 2017, 12:33 pm