OUR IMAGES

Our trip to London for Beating the Retreat ceremony at Horseguards Parade.

default Our trip to London for Beating the Retreat ceremony at Horseguards Parade.

Post by Guest on Sat 22 Sep 2012, 2:00 am

To the London Eye first then on to the ceremony.

The Gondolas

At the top.

Views of the city. The Gherkin.

The Shard.

Buckingham Palace.

Houses of Parliment & Big Ben.

Horseguards Parade.

Not the best pics, the light was not good.

An Arab Lady.

The Eye at night.

Last edited by BIGBILLY21 on Sat 22 Sep 2012, 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

default Re: Our trip to London for Beating the Retreat ceremony at Horseguards Parade.

Post by Joy on Sat 22 Sep 2012, 6:58 am

Great shots, BigBilly. The London Eye would be a must for visitors to London, wouldn't it?? I see the Royal Standard was flying at Buckingham Palace. Did you receive an invite to tea?? :lol3:

The Beating The Retreat is a very impressive ceremony, BB & would seem to also be a must for visitors. The English certainly know how to put on such outstanding ceremonies. Comes from centuries of practice & tradition, I guess. They have perfected the art, that is for sure.

Thank you for posting these pics as they will be the only chance we (Bruiser & myself) will have of seeing such events & sights.
    Dawn

default Re: Our trip to London for Beating the Retreat ceremony at Horseguards Parade.

Post by Dawn on Mon 01 Oct 2012, 9:54 pm

Thank you BBilly what lovely photos. I am envious.

The Horseguards are so colourful! I especially enjoyed the Westminster bridge with the Houses of Parliament, with those three red London buses it makes it extra interesting. For some reason I love that bridge :). You are to be congratulated on the photo of the Eye at night too! it is not easy to take night shots of lights, fantastic! :photos: More more please :)

Current date/time is Fri 28 Jul 2017, 2:50 pm