OUR IMAGES

Pictures from our travels in Australia.

default Pictures from our travels in Australia.

Post by Guest on Sun 16 Sep 2012, 5:39 am

Thought you might like to see some of the pictures taken during our travels in Australia over 10 years.
    Buff banded rail

Water lily

Darter

Fungi

Frog couldn't find water to lay eggs so a wet flannel will do.

Uninvited guest at the table.

Fungi.

Great egret in evening light.

Eastern spinebill

Raven/ Crow

Black duck

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

default Re: Pictures from our travels in Australia.

Post by Joy on Sun 16 Sep 2012, 9:53 am

Great pics, BigBilly. They are wonderful.

The green tree frogs are beautiful & will lay their eggs anywhere they can. Some used to live in our potted herbs, particularly the basil, when we lived in an upstairs unit which had a balcony. They laid their eggs in the pots' saucers & one night we had a very strong wind which blew the eggs out of these saucers. The balcony was absolutely, & thickly, covered in frogs' eggs. It was a terrible shame but there was nothing we could do about it. I have managed to get close enough, to one of them, to stroke its back & their skin feels like the very finest of leather. It is amazing to feel.

Thank you for posting these fantastic images, BB. Once again, your wonderful photographic eye for imagery comes to the fore. :bravo:

Post by Guest on Mon 17 Sep 2012, 2:19 am

Possum

Female & young.

Green cat bird.

Beetles.

Mud wasp nests ???

Echidna.

Water lily.

Australia bush turkey

Cane toad.

White cheeked honey eater.

Bush stone curlew.

Whimbrel ??

Fur seals.

Forest kingfisher.

Crimson finch.

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Mon 17 Sep 2012, 7:59 am

Thank you, BigBilly, for these gorgeous images. The Zingiber spectabile - Beehive Ginger - is spectacular. I do love all the ginger plants. Even the dreaded lantana & the equally dreaded cane toad look rather attractive in close up. :lol3:

Those stunning looking beetles may be a type of, what are known as, Christmas beetles which are a species of scarab beetle. They are very colourful aren't they??

We rescued an echidna once &, luckily, we had a towel in the car as I had to carry it on my lap to where we could release it. Boy, was it prickly!!!

All your images are magnificent captures, BB & I thank you for posting them here for our enjoyment.

Current date/time is Sun 23 Jul 2017, 2:40 pm